IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010

Reply

Old Jan 18, 19, 9:52 am
  #1021  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: AUH
Posts: 7,298
Unless you are particularly keen to not leave the hotel, paying extra for club access would not be worthwhile if you do not drink.

One of the biggest appeal of Singapore, to me, is the sheer range and value for money of the local food. You will have no problems finding three decent (and certainly better than the club lounge) meals per day for a total of S$110, all within a short walk of the hotel.
stargold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 19, 10:46 am
  #1022  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: UK
Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Posts: 173
Save yourself the SGD80 and just pay for breakfast. We had lounge access for 3 days at the back end of last year, the club food is good but not enough to replace a proper meal. Lots of cheap street food available in Singapore.
strickers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 19, 5:56 am
  #1023  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: DL PM (and falling fast!), AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Posts: 3,691
Originally Posted by stargold View Post
Unless you are particularly keen to not leave the hotel, paying extra for club access would not be worthwhile if you do not drink.

One of the biggest appeal of Singapore, to me, is the sheer range and value for money of the local food. You will have no problems finding three decent (and certainly better than the club lounge) meals per day for a total of S$110, all within a short walk of the hotel.
Originally Posted by strickers View Post
Save yourself the SGD80 and just pay for breakfast. We had lounge access for 3 days at the back end of last year, the club food is good but not enough to replace a proper meal. Lots of cheap street food available in Singapore.
Thank you for the replies.

I was not able to get any upgrades on this award booking. I was told at the desk that sometimes they will upgrade award stays for Elites if occupancy is low but the hotel was almost sold out tonight.

I opted to add the Club Lounge on at check-in. However, I learned something that might help the forum....?

When I checked in the gal at the desk told me it would be S$120. I had to show her the email that offered S$110 and she told me that she has the power to offer Club Access for as low as S$100 (based on factors like Club Lounge Rooms booked--the club lounge was 100% full tonight so IDk what she is referring to), and that is what she was going to charge me.
355F1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 19, 12:22 am
  #1024  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 224
Does anybody know what the difference is between "Club Heritage Room King" and "Club Intercontinental King"?
I can't see any on the home page (besides price).
MultiFlyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 19, 9:35 am
  #1025  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer View Post
Does anybody know what the difference is between "Club Heritage Room King" and "Club Intercontinental King"?
I can't see any on the home page (besides price).
'Heritage' rooms have a different decor and are located in the Heritage wing.

This might help. Raynyan is on here so might be able to explain more if he sees this.

exactlyaron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:39 pm
  #1026  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: WSSS/RCTP
Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 311
Booked a premier suite for a stay from this Thursday to Sunday

Just received an email saying I've been upgraded to premier room king.

That's a mistake right?
RCTP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 12:26 am
  #1027  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Posts: 4,825
Sounds like it, I'm not up to speed on the latest categorizations, but a Premier King is what used to be a Jr. Suite basically IIRC.
demue is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:00 am
  #1028  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MAN and LON
Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Posts: 13,476
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer View Post
Does anybody know what the difference is between "Club Heritage Room King" and "Club Intercontinental King"?
I can't see any on the home page (besides price).
The Heritage wing is low level and subject to a lot of noise from the Mall next door, to be avoided if possible.
Land-of-Miles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:42 am
  #1029  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GVA
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 443
Originally Posted by RCTP View Post
Booked a premier suite for a stay from this Thursday to Sunday

Just received an email saying I've been upgraded to premier room king.

That's a mistake right?
Must be a mistake ... A one-category upgrade from a premier suite should be a Heritage Suite (formerly Shophouse Suite). The Heritage Suites are nice, but in the Shophouse wing just one or two floors above the lobby. While the rooms in the Shophouse wing are nice, they are all facing the Bugis Junction Mall or the Street with little natural light+mall noise or street noise, respectively. I would try to ask to be upgraded to an Executive Suite (which is the category above the Heritage Suite) or consider paying the difference.
Alternatively, as the premier suite is a nice an spacious room, you could ask to get charged only for a Heritage Room (1-category below premier suite).
Viennafly is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread