FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/477474-ic-prague-master-thread-merged-left-ihg.html)

turner32 Oct 3, 2012 10:45 am

Not necessarily. Some hotels, IC Moscow for example, don't even offer club with their top suites, you have to pay seperately. I think its the same in Prague. So, rather than build the cost into certain categories, you can book any room category and simply pay a supplement. Its better in some ways.

Geoggy Oct 4, 2012 2:29 am

ok thanks

igloocoder Oct 4, 2012 12:14 pm

Was just there last week. Booked lowest available rate and was upgraded to suite and provided club access as an RA. The club lounge is tiny but does have a semi-decent offering for breakfast. Never made it during happy hour, but with the prohibition on alcohol over 20% there's not much difference between restaurants, bars, etc right now. The minibar also was cleared of hard liquor.

binman Oct 29, 2012 8:34 am

Was planning to stay in January for 2 nights and use weekend night certificate. Having booked then emailed hotel and they advised that Ambassador will get upgraded but no lounge access. I have asked for details of the access fee fee and also for the costs of breakfast in order that I can then make a judgement on even staying here.

Is it worth it?

I do not intend to arrive till midnight on day 1 and have opera tickets for night 2 so there will not be much time in the club if any. It may be I should downgrade room to basic level and leave it at that.

Suggestions?

scubaccr Dec 11, 2012 5:15 am

IC Prague looks after RA's really well

InterContinental Prague

What is your Priority Club status?
RA

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Basic Room, Advance Rate
Received 2 Room Executive Suite. Room x44 on corner overlooking River and Bridge

How are the rooms?
Large 2 room corner suite, comfy bed, loads of pillows, super view.
jacuzi bath, but jacuzi broken
Nice big TV plus smaller TV in bedroom
Biggest safe I have seen in a hotel bedroom

How is the exec. lounge?
Prague has one, looked about average, I hardly used it.

What was your welcome gift?
75cl bottle Czech white wine

Did you receive fruit in the room?
toffee apple, biscuits, monkeynuts, tangerine, (arrival day only), water each day.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
Room Upgrade, super corner room overlooking river and bridge, nice and quiet
Well stocked minibar, dozen 5cl spirits, 3x beers, 1x picolo, many soft drinks
Lounge Access
Airport-Hotel BMW transfer 750CZK took 20minutes on a Saturday morning waiting as booked
Hotel-Airport BMW transfer 600CZK took 30minutes on a Monday 1215-1245 lunchtime
Good Pay-Movie choices, got one free too.

Bad (minor niggle)
I think jacuzzi/bath broken, so I just used as a bath.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
On an Advance Rate was good value

Would you return?
Definitely

nicolas75 Dec 11, 2012 10:00 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 19834677)
InterContinental Prague

How is the exec. lounge?
Prague has one, looked about average, I hardly used it.

Club lounge at Prague is more than decent. Pretty good breakfast, afternoor tea, hot evening spread.
The place is not huge but staff is friendly.

Is now club access offered to RAs?

scubaccr Dec 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 19836187)
Club lounge at Prague is more than decent. Pretty good breakfast, afternoor tea, hot evening spread.
The place is not huge but staff is friendly.

Is now club access offered to RAs?

I believe answer is YES, free to RA's, on both Paid and Points stays;
ref thread "IC's & RA Club Access Master Thread" by mnredfox

Club does not seem to be included in any room categorie description, maybe Club is additive to any room categorie for a fee, I think IC Moscow has a similar club pricing setup.

Maybe because it was a weekend, the few times I looked in, only one or three guests using lounge, I kind of thought it was a bit dead, no atmosphere, but that would be because no guests using the lounge. Apologies if I was inavertently looking at one of your favourite lounges the wrong way.

For myself, Club Lounge was on 8th floor and my room on 5th floor, and the nice bar on the ground floor drew me in, as I always prefer draught beer to bottled.

Boraxo Dec 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Stayed here in 2006 as Ambassador and was treated like royalty. Nice corner suite, welcoming fruit plate and wine, and great service from everyone including the concierge. The car pickup was about 2x the taxi rate but well worthwhile for those who want quick efficient service. Location is a little bit of hike from all the historic stuff on the other side of the river but quite convenient to some good restaurants. Overall similar to the treatment described above by scubaccr.

I realize this is a bit dated but glad to hear that nothing has changed for worse since I last stayed here.

hdogan Dec 18, 2012 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo (Post 19875966)
Location is a little bit of hike from all the historic stuff on the other side of the river but quite convenient to some good restaurants.

The historic thing across the river is the Prague Castle. The main historic sights are actually on the same side of the river the hotel is on - the Old Town Square and the historic city center is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel (in the opposite direction of the river), Charles Bridge is about 15 minutes walk down the river...

I realize this is a bit dated but glad to hear that nothing has changed for worse since I last stayed here.
They just renovated the exterior of the hotel, so it's back to its former glory. It looks really retro cool. The interior has always been immaculate.

binman Jan 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Good IC

Here right now on weekend rate. Left certificate at home however hotel have agreed if I fax to them Monday they will refund one night. Can't complain about that.

Upgraded as ambassador but no club access, no breakfast no free Internet.
15% discount in dukes and on spa treatments.

Mini bar fully stocked and free wine water and snacks provided.

Room is fine, location cannot be faulted.

Overall decent hotel.

youhavebeenupgraded Apr 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Stayed in an executive suite (RA Upgrade).

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...tinental-prag/

Errata Apr 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Hope someone can give a definitive answer here:

Looking at rates for the IC Prague, for any given date I'm seeing "Classic Room": "Executive Room" and "1 King Bed Executive Suite".

Is this the full gamut of room types as offered by the hotel and/or IHG website?

Do any of these rooms types include club access by default? Presumably the suite and possibly the exec room?

Kat007 May 3, 2013 11:40 pm

IC in Prague?

I am looking at IC in Prague and wondering if Platinum status has any upgrades on reward night and offers comp breakfast and such. Also, I have only 150K to spend on 7 nights. 35K/night req, 205 EUR/night. Does it make sense to transfer points from UR, pay with points+cash, redeem 4 nights and pay for 3 nights, or shouldn`t waste the points and find a different alternative in Prague for similar quality & less $$?

olegator May 4, 2013 1:09 am

Devil wears Prada and Platinum status in IC means nada :)

Just Kidding.

FLYGVA May 4, 2013 7:09 am

The master thread about the IC Prague is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

But Priority Club Platinum will not get you much in an Intercontinental Hotel, because you will need Ambassador Status to get the most benefits. Ambassador Status could be bought, but if you use an award not all Ambassador benefits apply for the award stay (YMMV).