FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/477474-ic-prague-master-thread-merged-left-ihg.html)

nicolas75 Sep 2, 2010 5:16 am

IC Prague may change owner

Czech newspapers announced that current owner of IC Prague is ready to sell the hotel to new owner (probably Regent Hotel & Resorts).

The Czech newspapers think that soon can change also the name and logo of the hotel.

Currently IC Prague is franchise of IHG, it means that soon Prague can be without IC hotel.

source: Priority Club Connect

Kathabene Sep 25, 2010 2:24 am

I also stayed at the IC Prague. Booked a Executive Room got a executive suite. I really liked the restaurant on the top.

turner32 Oct 3, 2010 4:49 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 14589685)
Czech newspapers announced that current owner of IC Prague is ready to sell the hotel to new owner (probably Regent Hotel & Resorts).

The Czech newspapers think that soon can change also the name and logo of the hotel.

Currently IC Prague is franchise of IHG, it means that soon Prague can be without IC hotel.

source: Priority Club Connect

Contacted the hotel, and in spite of the sale of the property, it will remain an IC.

nicolas75 Oct 3, 2010 9:20 am

Originally Posted by turner32 (Post 14877236)
Contacted the hotel, and in spite of the sale of the property, it will remain an IC.

I am right now at IC Prague, comfortably seated in the club lounge eating strudel;)
The hotel confirmed that the hotel would stay an IC property.

yosithezet Nov 7, 2010 1:49 am

Considering a mileage run to PRA in the next 3 days. Anyone currently in residence?

janed9388 Nov 30, 2010 4:19 am

can anyone help with up to date info - I have searched but didn't find anything conclusive. I have a F&F rate stay booked for over new years eve (already upgraded to exec room which is great).
I e-mailed the hotel to ask about club access which was a bit cheeky but I thought I'd chance it - they came back with a no... but we'll offer it to you for 59 euro (not clear about whether that is per person or per room).

The general concensus in this forum seems to be the club lounge is a bit rubbish, but not really why. Anyone been in recently ? what do they offer ? does 59 euro seem reasonable or pricey ?

thanks in advance.

youhavebeenupgraded Jan 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Some suite pics

Stayed in Intercontinental Prague in a suite.
Here some pics:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....ntal-prag.html

nicolas75 Jan 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by janed9388 (Post 15344409)
The general concensus in this forum seems to be the club lounge is a bit rubbish

It is not
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ences-267.html

janed9388 Jan 16, 2011 1:10 am

Originally Posted by nicolas75 (Post 15666166)

I know that now I have been, but prior to going, searches of the whole forum going back quite a long way, more people seemed to say it was not that great than said it was good.

Volvic Apr 19, 2011 10:11 am

Prague CP and IC

I just returned from a long weekend in Prague and I tried two properties: CP Castle and Interconti.

CP is very close to the castle, so a bit off the very center but very close to it, 4 stops of tram 22 in case the uphill walk is considered too long and heavy.
IC almost in the center, walking distance to the important places.

Service: CP was a lot better. As PC plat I got a nice real upgrade to a suite. Impressive. And the person behind the desk was really willing to help and support me. No problem with early check in and late check out. I felt like a person not a reservation number.
IC was providing a strictly procedure rule. Very cold feeling. No status recognition, or any I realized, no welcome gift. I asked a question to the reception, I was the only guest around and I was anyway pointed to the concierge who was not at his desk anyway. Four or five years ago at the same IC I was not able to charge the stamps to the room bill, this time was possible so an improvement was present after all.

Hardware:
CP suite, very very nice and very large. Breakfast, good but not memorable.
IC room, quite simple in its elaborate style, very poor bathroom. The SPA was so great I had there all my showers adding on top an initial sauna.
In the public SPA area the bath amenities were from Elemis. Really impressive.
The provided massage was really great and not expensive, 75 € for 50 min.
The breakfast was really nice even if the layout was a bit silly with a bottleneck between the egg-station and the worm pastry island (fake warming oven). And the plates disappeared really quickly from the table, even if not done with them.

Overall:
big positive surprise from the CP, expected so-so service from the IC.

AY ay ay! Aug 28, 2011 8:20 am

IC Prague Lounge&Access

I've booked a Junior Suite at the Prague InterContinental, I was wondering do they have a lounge at the hotel and will I get access? If not what kind of room has included Lounge Access and can it be bought upon/before arrival

Thanks a lot!

AY ay ay! Aug 28, 2011 11:26 am

IC Prague Lounge&Access

I've booked a Junior Suite at the Ic PRague, will I have lounge access? If not how much would it cost and could it be arranged beforehand or upon arrival?

Thanks!

janed9388 Aug 29, 2011 12:25 am

Originally Posted by AY ay ay! (Post 17011814)
I've booked a Junior Suite at the Ic PRague, will I have lounge access? If not how much would it cost and could it be arranged beforehand or upon arrival?

Thanks!

apparently louge access at IC Prague is not complimentary. I think it cost 60 euros / room when we were there at christmas (possibly 80). You get beer / wine and soft drinks all day & spirits and warm nibbles for a couple of hours in the evening. You also get breakfast which could be taken either in the lounge or in the main buffet (which considering the buffet is just under 20 euro per person makes the lounge charge much more reasonable)

szg Aug 29, 2011 2:16 am

Originally Posted by janed9388 (Post 17014783)
apparently louge access at IC Prague is not complimentary. I think it cost 60 euros / room when we were there at christmas (possibly 80). You get beer / wine and soft drinks all day & spirits and warm nibbles for a couple of hours in the evening. You also get breakfast which could be taken either in the lounge or in the main buffet (which considering the buffet is just under 20 euro per person makes the lounge charge much more reasonable)

That's true. You have to pay for club access.

nicolas75 Aug 29, 2011 2:29 am

Originally Posted by janed9388 (Post 17014783)

I have paid only EUR 29.
Maybe it is the RA price (club lounge used to be free for RAs:td::td:)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ences-267.html