FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/477474-ic-prague-master-thread-merged-left-ihg.html)

garethmorgan Sep 29, 2005 3:59 am

IC Prague Master Thread [merged]

I had a pleasant stay in Prague last week and was just looking to book another couple of nights in December for the Xmas markets.

The room description that came up for Junior Suite was

1 KING BED JUNIOR SUITE
38 SQM WITH AIR CONDITIONING SEATING CORNER DIRECT DIAL PHONE MINIBAR SAFE DEPOSIT BOX HIGH SPEED INTERNET AT CHARGE WORLD LINK COFFEE TEA FACILITIES PAY TV IRON AND BOARD FAX MACHINE BIDET WALK IN SHOWER CAN BE CONFIRMED ON REQUEST FREE ROLLAWAY FOR CHILD UNDER 18

Last week I had booked

3 award nights

A paid 2 for 1 Junior Suite

A paid 1 night superior room.

On booking in I was told that, as an RA, I'd been upgraded to a Junior Suite and was also asked if I had a weekend voucher for the last (Sunday) night, so that became a freebie.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, all was great except that the room seemed a bit small for a Junior Suite. Looking at that description, it wasn't - no walk in shower, just an above the bath.

It was 739 on their club executive floor and from a visual look at the floorplan it was, if anything, a little smaller than the normal run of rooms, although a little squarer and shorter.

The other room descriptions seem to suggest that what we got was a

SUPERIOR ROOM
OLD TOWN VIEW AIR CONDITIONED 1 KING BED OR 2 SEPERATE BEDS HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS DIRECT DIAL PHONE SMOKING OR NON SMOKING FLOORS ON REQUEST MINIBAR SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX WORLDLINK PAY TV TEA AND COFFEE FACILITIES MAXIUM 2 PAX BABY CRIB CAN BE PLACED IN THE ROOM FOR UP TO 4 YEARS OF AGE

although they squeezed a rollway between the end of the bed and the TV.

Any idea if I'm right in these assumptions and what, if anything, I should do about it? We got a very good deal overall from the hotel, including club access.

tristan727 Sep 29, 2005 4:05 am

duplic.post - see below

tristan727 Sep 29, 2005 4:08 am

my suite was as big as an apartment, when paid for standard room & as only a regular ambassador.

I don't think hotels care much for Royal...last IC went to (Atlanta) bloke never heard of it & insisted no free mini-bar - came back later & apologised, saying he'd only been there a month - so apparently the 1st month of the job plus training contains not a single element, or word to be said about Royal Ambassador.

Hotel before that (Barclay) - we just got a bowl of plums & narry a smile at reception, let alone a VIP greeting!

Before that was the 2 Hong Kong ones this year - no suites involved there, or gratis club - double upgrade...but that's one a one level category upgrade (2 levels per category, sea & cityview)

Raffles Sep 29, 2005 4:15 am

38 square meters is NOT a junior suite, although obviously if the rest of the rooms are 25 sq m then the hotel can call it one!

I am a bit of a pro on this because I really, really, really hate small hotel rooms.

In general, I will not book a hotel room that is smaller than 40 sq m. A STANDARD room in most modern luxury hotels with big rooms should be this size. (Obviously it varies by hotel - the King Suites at the Barclay are only about 40 sq m.)

A junior suite varies by definition, but I would expect it to be in the 50-55 sq m range. The suite I have booked at the IC Bangkok is 65 sq m, and the suite I was given at the IC Warsaw was at least 75 sq m - bigger than Ms RJB's flat!

In general, I actual prefer a junior suite at 50-55 sq m to a suite, because the JS will be one massive open space (which I like) whilst a 65 sq m suite is likely to be comprised of 2 relatively small - for my taste - rooms of 30 sq m.

I once stayed - for literally 5 minutes - in a 12 square metre room at the Grand in Stockholm (the website actually tells you this is the size.) My office is not much smaller than that! I was down at reception pretty darn quick, let me tell you ....

tristan727 Sep 29, 2005 6:01 am

Course, you could always be a penny-pinching tourist in Japan....

http://www.seat61.com/images/Japan-capsule.jpg

garethmorgan Sep 30, 2005 5:21 am

Much too generous points?

I've now had a 2nd points posting for this stay, too generous I'm sure.

Qualifying Stay 2000 pts.
platinum bonus 1000 pts.
q4 double points/miles '05 2000 pts.
royal ambassador bonus 1000 pts.
stay 12, get 10,000 points 10,000 pts.

Total 16,000 pts.

To add to the previous
Qualifying Stay 0 pts.
platinum bonus 0 pts.
q4 double points/miles '05 0 pts.
royal ambassador bonus 0 pts.
stay 9, get 10,000 points 10,000 pts.
stay 11, get 10,000 points 10,000 pts.

Total 20000 pts.

Grand total 36,000 points

100,000miler Oct 6, 2005 4:53 pm

I have a reservation at the IC Prague in early NOV and as a RA member this will be interesting to see if I get a suite, that is a real one and not one of the infamous junior suites.

I wonder if the rate one books at determines how they treat RAs?

Also in the above statement there is an interesting line saying RA member bonus? What the heck is that? My understanding is ICs only give a lousey 2K per stay, and it is not based on what you actually spend at the property.

BEYFlyer Oct 7, 2005 4:55 am

Originally Posted by latitude
I've stayed at the CP Prague. Booked a std room and received a Exec room. Very clean and tidy, but the staff not so helpful.

In addition it's a little way out of the centre, but they do have a couple of dedicated taxi drivers whom you can call on 24hrs a day for pick ups and drop off's in the local area (for a charge), incl the airport.

Thanks for your input latitude ^ . Indeed, the CP Prague is a bit out of the way :td: .

BEYFlyer Oct 7, 2005 5:03 am

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
...Also in the above statement there is an interesting line saying RA member bonus? What the heck is that? My understanding is ICs only give a lousey 2K per stay, and it is not based on what you actually spend at the property.

Correct, ICs only give you 2K per stay (regardless of number of nights, charges, etc). But as a Royal Ambassador, you also get a 1000 "bonus" points for staying at the property (in addition to your Plat. bonus and any other promotions you might have signed up for).

mlpinto Oct 7, 2005 5:54 am

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Thanks for your input latitude ^ . Indeed, the CP Prague is a bit out of the way :td: .

You might want to try the HIX Prague. This is brand new and located by the main train station. This is a few minutes walk to Wenceslas Square and a 20 minute walk to the old town.

I was there earlier this week on a points stay and was very pleased with it. Obviously the service is not up to IC or even CP levels (indeed the staff are a bit dis-interested), but the rooms are good and it's spotlessly clean. There is also a decent free breakfast and free teas, coffees, etc in the restaurant area all day.

Hope this helps!

WELLINGTON JOCK Jan 24, 2006 4:16 pm

ICC Prague

Hi Folks,

I've recently booked a 2 night stay in a Junior Suite in the ICC Prague. This is a start to my honeymoon before heading off to Fiji. What can I expect from this hotel & the room? Does the hotel have a club floor & if so how do I get access to it?

Mt fututre wife doesn't know about this, my little treat, but would it be worthwhile informing the hotel of the special occassion & chance my arm to see if we get special treatment etc?

Thoughts & comments much appreciated.

Dino2020 Jan 24, 2006 9:28 pm

Welcome to FT :)

Try a search there are a few threads about this place I seem to remember :)

kuroneko Feb 24, 2007 12:43 pm

Points for FHR Stay?

This property is under the Fine Hotel and Resort (FHR) program with the Amex Plat card. If I book this with the FHR program, will I still get PC points?

szg Feb 24, 2007 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by kuroneko (Post 7286675)
This property is under the Fine Hotel and Resort (FHR) program with the Amex Plat card. If I book this with the FHR program, will I still get PC points?

The PC Terms tells, that you will get no points. But I will get the MR Points from AMEX.

kuroneko Feb 25, 2007 1:58 am

Originally Posted by szg (Post 7287053)
The PC Terms tells, that you will get no points. But I will get the MR Points from AMEX.

Do you have a link to where the T&Cs are that indicate that no points will be awarded for FHR stays?