IC Prague Master Thread [merged] - left IHG

Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hdogan
You do realise that IHG platinum means absolutely nothing at InterContinental hotels, and anything they offer is a courtesy gesture towards "the other" IHG loyalty program?
Sure, and that's one of the strange things of this hotel chain and its loyalty programs that drives customer away to others
and this status also gets less and less benefit at CP and HI hotels...
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
You do realise that IHG platinum means absolutely nothing at InterContinental hotels, and anything they offer is a courtesy gesture towards "the other" IHG loyalty program?
I don't agree with that. There is nothing in the program that excludes IC's from the stated benefits for IHG Rewards elite members, such as a complimentary weekday newspaper (and free internet). As far as upgrades and late check-out are concerned, the difference is that for IHG Platinum / Spire these are subject to availability whereas for Ambassadors these are guaranteed. That does not mean however that when such benefits are granted to an IHG Rewards Elite member that needs to be considered a courtesy gesture towards "the other" IHG loyalty program. It's a benefit that Elite members are entitled to at all IHG properties. The fact that certain IC's ignore that and provide some of these benefits to Ambassadors only is not in line with the IHG Rewards Club T&C's.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Sure, and that's one of the strange things of this hotel chain and its loyalty programs that drives customer away to others
and this status also gets less and less benefit at CP and HI hotels...
As a Platinum you know not to expect any upgrade at an IC. And older hotels in city centres typically have very small rooms for the first couple of room categories.
So at IC's space available upgrade is not a Platinum published benefit although a minority of IC's may try to give an upgrade that they are not obliged to

If you are going to stay a minimum of 5 nights a year in IC brand hotels then purchasing Anbassador Status for $200 is a no brainier as
A) Spire/Platinum is not recognised other than to provide free wifi
B) Then at IC you are guaranteed a 1-level upgrade (at low end booked rooms typically worth $40-60/night to next room type, but if higher room reserved can be worth $150plus/night)
C)guaranteed late 4pm checkout

Despite IHG Platinum benefits saying 'space available upgrade' I always get upgraded at all types other than HIE's (throughout Europe and Asia, I don't really do USA ) and other hotel chains , eg Hilton have same non-guaranteed upgrade text for HH elites, so the grass is not greener elsewhere

CP brand is not negative for room type upgrades, just remember if a CP has a Lounge that access to Lounge is not an IHG elite benefit although some CP's generously provide for free
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
So at IC's space available upgrade is not a Platinum published benefit
Spire/Platinum is not recognised other than to provide free wifi
Where in the T&C's of the IHG Rewards Club program are those exclusions stated?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I don't agree with that. There is nothing in the program that excludes IC's from the stated benefits for IHG Rewards elite members, such as a complimentary weekday newspaper (and free internet). As far as upgrades and late check-out are concerned, the difference is that for IHG Platinum / Spire these are subject to availability whereas for Ambassadors these are guaranteed. That does not mean however that when such benefits are granted to an IHG Rewards Elite member that needs to be considered a courtesy gesture towards "the other" IHG loyalty program. It's a benefit that Elite members are entitled to at all IHG properties. The fact that certain IC's ignore that and provide some of these benefits to Ambassadors only is not in line with the IHG Rewards Club T&C's.
You are incorrect it is well known that IHG @Rewards elite status does not apply to the IC Brand for which one must enrol (purchase) Ambassador status.
One can never choose to read something as being included In any set of conditions just because it is not specifically excluded which is what you are incorrectly trying to now argue

In fact if you had read up fully IHG t&c, IHG cover this by saying that Ambassador Program covers the Intercontinental brand

"Ambassador Status
A recognition program for guests of InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. Purchase InterContinental Ambassador Membership status for $200. "

Note
The only agreed cross over benefit for @rewards status for an IC is free internet as from July 2013
Old Sep 18, 2015, 4:54 am

The first paragraph of the IHG Rewards Club T&C's.

The IHG Rewards Club programme (Programme) membership and its benefits are offered at the sole discretion of Six Continents Hotels, Inc. (SCH) and its subsidiaries and affiliates which are InterContinental Hotels Group companies (collectively IHG). Hotel brands currently participating in the Programme include InterContinental, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, EVEN Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites (collectively, IHG Hotels).
And then, further down:

Intercontinental Ambassador Terms & Conditions

As an IHG Rewards Club member, you may also purchase InterContinental Ambassador status. Purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status entitles you to higher levels of recognition and to all published benefits of InterContinental Ambassador status valid only at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide.
Did I overlook anything?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I don't agree with that.
I think the difference is whether you consider de iure situation, or de facto situation

IHG Platinum benefits are basically non-existent (other than free Internet and (I guess) newspaper), since they're all have nice exclusions. Expecting *AMB* benefits as an IHG Plat at an IC (fruit, welcome gift (and even welcome gift isn't an AMB benefit anymore)...) is just futile.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:04 am

The first paragraph of the IHG Rewards Club T&C's.

And then, further down:

Did I overlook anything?

Intercontinental Brand was originally totally separate from all the other IHG brands where the PriorityClub/@Rewards benefits applied, and had its own loyalty scheme, similar to situation right now with Kimpton
IHG iwanted IHGers to stay and earn points from stays at IC brand which until free internet meant points was the only benefit

Your first point -

simply confirms that
A) IC is one of several brands under the global SCH/IHG umbrella and participates to some extent with the @rewards program
B) So yes, IC brand participates , to some level, which in this case has meant awarding points for spend (room rate , f+b) and more recently post July 2013 free internet
C) pre free internet this simply meant that IC stays earn points for non Ambassador , Priority Club/@Rewards guests

28. Programme Interpretation.
Interpretations of Programme Terms & Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of SCH. SCH reserves the right to add, modify, restrict, suspend, discontinue, delete or otherwise change these Terms and Conditions or any rules related to the Programme at its sole discretion, with or without notice and subject to local laws and regulations.

Last edited by scubaccr; Sep 18, 2015 at 6:27 am
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:05 am

I think the difference is whether you consider de iure situation, or de facto situation
That's exactly my point. Many IC's neglect the de iure situation, which I believe is unfair to those members who are loyal to the group, but haven't paid extra to receive the published additional benefits valid at IC's only, maybe because they do not stay at IC's frequently.

The de facto situation varies from property to property. I have stayed in IC's in the past as a "bare" platinum and have had some very good experiences, for instance in the IC Singapore where I have always received an upgrade and fruit (and I realize that the latter can be regarded a courtesy gesture towards "the other" IHG loyalty program )
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:06 am

for instance in the IC Singapore where I have always received an upgrade and fruit (and I realize that the latter can be regarded a courtesy gesture towards "the other" IHG loyalty program )
the former (upgrade) as well seems a courtesy as others mentioned! So remains the free Internet, but nowadays at several IC, basic Internet is free for all guests (at least in IC Prague this was the case) which brings us to the conclusion that status benefits in IHG rewards program are more and more completely non existent!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:11 am

I was invited to comment and also give rating on their website.
my negative but still very polite and political correct comment and my rating (as above) were rejected and not posted on their website!
any comment would be superfluous!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:01 am

I'm staying at IC Prague for 2 nights and leaving at 4pm on last night to fly out. I emailed the hotel and they told me Ambassador do not get Club access, they did offer it to me for 28 eur pp/pd. Is this worth it?

Also, i'm arriving by train. Is Uber from train and hotel to airport cheaper than using the car service?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by osugrad2x
I'm staying at IC Prague for 2 nights and leaving at 4pm on last night to fly out. I emailed the hotel and they told me Ambassador do not get Club access, they did offer it to me for 28 eur pp/pd. Is this worth it?

Also, i'm arriving by train. Is Uber from train and hotel to airport cheaper than using the car service?
it is only worth if you have a rate without breakfast and you substitute as well some dinner with happy hour cocktails

I have never seen any hotel car service cheaper than taxi or Uber...
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:15 pm

So, the only difference between "classic" room and "deluxe" room is that the bed type (1 king or 2 singles) is not guaranteed at booking and won't know until check-in? Is the Ambassador upgrade going to be Executive or deluxe?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai
it is only worth if you have a rate without breakfast and you substitute as well some dinner with happy hour cocktails

I have never seen any hotel car service cheaper than taxi or Uber...
But compared to other ICs, IC prague's bmw transfer is cheaper than most. I think it's probably more due to the low price index of Czech Republic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.