FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   2 for 1 and qualifying stays (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/476335-2-1-qualifying-stays.html)

IAN-UK Sep 26, 2005 4:03 am

2 for 1 and qualifying stays

I finally managed to use this "second night free" promotion at a HI in Lisbon. So paid for the first night (full non-flex rate, BTW) , the second night was free.

Sadly neither night shows as "qualiflying", and got no points at all, even for the first (paid) night.

Has anyone else had experience of the way these promotional deals are treated for points ?

Cheers, Ian

Raffles Sep 26, 2005 4:18 am

You could make a claim to IC, but at rates this discounted you are probably on to a loser. The rate was not openly advertised on the IC website to people who didn't get the promo e-mail and so does not have to qualify.

I DID get 2 nights stay credit and the points when I did a mattress run at the HIX Croydon (£50 for 2 nights). However, I consider myself lucky.

IAN-UK Sep 26, 2005 4:41 am

Originally Posted by RJB
You could make a claim to IC, but at rates this discounted you are probably on to a loser.

hey, thanks for the quickie response. You were lucky with 2 night credit! But I wasn't being that hopeful - just thought one night at a full non-flex rate should get me a one-night credit. The free night I can accept as a non-qualifier!

BTW - by pushing me into a full rate for the paid night, the two-night average (in my case) saved just EUR20. Better in my pocket than theirs - but hardly worth the hassle.

Ian

mlpinto Sep 26, 2005 6:20 am

Hi

I had a three night stay earlier this year where I had a single night at a full, non refundable, rate and then two nights on the 'two for one' promo. After the stay none of the nights showed as qualifying.

I was happy to accept that the promo nights did not count towards qualifying stay credit. However, I did think that the full rate night should have counted and when I queried this got credit for all three nights.

Good luck!

IAN-UK Sep 26, 2005 8:43 am

Great minds obviously think alike. And, comfortingly, central command agrees. If the hotel folk don't sort things out, my new friend in the Phillipines will sort them out.

Thanks for your input!

carbonaddict Oct 12, 2005 3:33 pm

completely inconsistent

I have had 2 stays on this rate - the first (and cheapest!) qualified and got points, the second didnt. IC refuse to amend the latter. Despite previous comments I dont feel this is reasonable - I booked from the original promotional email and neither this nor the hotel reservation stated that it was a non qualifying rate. second night free means exactly that - the first night was a full rate. Really this rate is misleading - it should (and easily could) have been promoted as a 50% off a two night stay.

Zhaunk Oct 12, 2005 5:38 pm

I got stay credit, points plus a 10k bonus the one time I used the rate. I was able to book it midweek as well. Istanbul.