Wiki Posts
Search

PC number on other people reservations.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, PC-Plat
PC number on other people reservations.

A group of us are travelling together for a Marathon this weekend.
I made multiple reservations at 2 Holiday-inns.
Since I am the only one collecting points, can I add my PC# to their reservations?

I'd rather ask before doing it. If HI does not allow that, I do not want to forfeit my existing points and upcoming status.

Cheers
Old Aug 24, 2005, 9:01 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by sub2mn
Since I am the only one collecting points, can I add my PC# to their reservations?
No.

Only way (legally) for you to earn points on all the rooms would be if you were to make all the reservations in your name and pay for them yourself to the hotel.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by AJLondon
No.

Only way (legally) for you to earn points on all the rooms would be if you were to make all the reservations in your name and pay for them yourself to the hotel.
Sorry, that's not the case. You only get credit for the room you occupy.

I had to argue the toss at the dismal location marketed as Crowne Plaza in Birmingham where I had specifically reached an agreement that I would get points for my group (good rate, too). The points didn't credit, and my claim was rejected until I got the salesperson to agree that we had reached a special arrangement.

What you describe is OK at Hiltons, though.

Edited to add: In my case, the rooms were occupied by different people rather than me. I think the principle still applies. The checkout staff will need to be convinced that one person occupied several rooms .

Last edited by Roger; Aug 24, 2005 at 10:07 am
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:19 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Roger
Sorry, that's not the case. You only get credit for the room you occupy .
Might have been true for BHX, but:
At U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10) provided those rooms are used in conjunction with the member's stay at the same hotel, and that their Priority Club® Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with the member's reservation.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../0/en/ptc.html
However, you will only get credit for one qualifying night:
Only one Qualifying Night credit, per member, per night will be awarded regardless of the number of reservations booked and paid for by the member.
Similarly SPG gives points for upto 3 rooms, but credit for only 1 qualifying night.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, AJL - makes a forthcoming group (6) stay in Michigan more likely in a HI ...
Old Aug 25, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
As the regulation says, and my experience, you need to pya the bill and have your reservation number on all rooms to get the points.

If not paying, just forget.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.