IC Chicago Master Thread (Archive Thread)

Old Jul 21, 02, 1:27 pm
SST
Original Poster

Unhappy IC Chicago Master Thread (Archive Thread)

An earlier post from April alluded to construction going on at the Chicago Intercontinental. Anyone know if this is still the case? Is it intrusive? And what did you think of the hotel?
Old Jul 22, 02, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
The only construction I noticed two months ago at the CHI FTOdo was further up Michigan Avenue. Everything looked normal at the I-C -- refined, distinguished -- but then I did not stay there, instead using a Starwood Free Weekend.
Old Jul 31, 02, 11:24 am
SST
Original Poster

Replying to my own message: so we stayed at the IC Chicago for two nights--- it was fine. The construction was apparently on the facade of the building, with scaffolding up on the ground level: it was unnoticable, since we were given a room high up on the south face, away from Michigan Ave.

The room was superb, the hotel was superb, the location was superb. Highly recommended.
Old Oct 2, 02, 1:43 am

Chicago Inter-Continental: Any thoughts?

I am looking for a hotel in Chicago. Any thoughts on the Inter-Continental, and how it compares to other Chicago hotels? Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 02, 5:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by airships:
I am looking for a hotel in Chicago. Any thoughts on the Inter-Continental, and how it compares to other Chicago hotels? Thanks!</font>
I was there a couple years ago. Very dated rooms and service quite poor. The best thing about it is the gorgeous architecture of the health club, but you don't need to stay there to enjoy it.

My subsequent stays in Chicago were at the Ritz Carlton, and I had absolutely no complaints there! Definitely steer clear of the Westin on Michigan Ave-- a big convention hotel and the staff treat guests accordingly.
Old May 20, 03, 3:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SST:
Replying to my own message: so we stayed at the IC Chicago for two nights--- it was fine. The construction was apparently on the facade of the building, with scaffolding up on the ground level: it was unnoticable, since we were given a room high up on the south face, away from Michigan Ave.

The room was superb, the hotel was superb, the location was superb. Highly recommended.
</font>

Any updates on recent IC Chicago visits?
Old Oct 25, 03, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Gold
Any thoughts on staying in the renovated vs. older part of the hotel? I think the older part is actually more expensive.

Old Jan 8, 05, 1:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
IC Chicago, opinions on historic vs main towers?

Have an upcoming wedding at IC Chicago and am trying to decide between staying in the main or historic towers. Does anyone have an opinion on which is nicer? Has anyone stayed in the King Business Historic Tower Room or King Executive Suite in the Main Building?
I like both historic and modern hotel rooms, current favorite Chicago hotels are W Lakeshore and the Drake. Any comparison to the Intercontinental?
Old Jan 26, 05, 12:31 pm

IC Chicago

What is the difference between rooms in the main building versus rooms in the historic tower of IC Chicago??
Any upgrades at check-in for Ambassadors?
Old Jan 26, 05, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Durham
What is the difference between rooms in the main building versus rooms in the historic tower of IC Chicago??
Any upgrades at check-in for Ambassadors?

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 10 at 8:27 am
Old Apr 13, 05, 7:41 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
InterContinental CHICAGO

Anyone stay here and know the good, bad and ugly of this loaction?
Old Apr 13, 05, 9:31 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
There's a recent post from yesterday about an R.A's experience

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...21#post3930221
Old Apr 13, 05, 11:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by smileymike13
There's a recent post from yesterday about an R.A's experience

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...21#post3930221
Thanks smileymike13!
Old Apr 13, 05, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
sobore,

I posted that one on IC chicago. If you have specific questions, feel free to post here or e-mail me. Probably not PM since I am at 249 count out of 250.

Mary
Old Apr 14, 05, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Snoopyo
sobore,

I posted that one on IC chicago. If you have specific questions, feel free to post here or e-mail me. Probably not PM since I am at 249 count out of 250.

Mary
Thanks, I was looking at how it compared with other hotels near by, and how the amenities rated. Thanks again!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: