IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Thank you both. I cancelled and rebooked for 1 adult.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Markie
IC Berlin (...)
I booked a club deluxe for two nights. Not upgraded
(...) I have stayed at this property once per year with me Ambassador coupon (...)
You are guaranteed an upgrade when booking via AMB Certificate Rate. What did they offer you instead?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Cielito_
You are guaranteed an upgrade when booking via AMB Certificate Rate. What did they offer you instead?
Nothing - I don't think those rules apply to simple Ambassadors at present.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
How strange ! I checked in on Fri 1st and got a very good upgrade. If they had no rooms to upgrade you to then they should have reduced your room rate to that of club superior
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ninjalad
How strange ! I checked in on Fri 1st and got a very good upgrade. If they had no rooms to upgrade you to then they should have reduced your room rate to that of club superior
So that's where my upgrade went ....
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:21 pm

That Friday there were still a few senior management staying in the Club suites, surprised though that they didn't have one of the 7th floor senior suites to offer you
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Can anyone comment on the evening Club service at IC Berlin? I have been a regular guest but didn't go last year and year before that I never took the Club rate. However, have used the Club maybe 2 or 3 years ago quite regularly. There is reference to 3 small appetisers, so I'm assuming some sort of 'hot canapé' type offering "or cheese" on the Amb thread. Does this mean there is no food out at all and everything is to order, or that it is just cheese on the buffet and canapés can be ordered in addition? How is the drinks selection? Is champagne available now (I believe it used to be Sekt)?

There's an almost EUR100 supplement for club - when on leisure trips I don't normally bother with breakfast and so EUR90 would take a lot of spending in the Marlene bar! But I liked the Club as it was always quite calm. Now with the rabble of Royal Ambassadors is it worth it?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
The champagne last december was the real thing, Nicolas Feuillatte.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:12 am
Suspended

I usually take the welcome points but now take the welcome drink at this property. For one, the Spire voucher is valid for any drink, including champagne and cocktails. And for GnTs, they let you choose your gin. For another, they screwed up multiple times by crediting the welcome points despite me taking the drinks voucher.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Thanks all!

The Thomas Henry tonic water (instead of Schweppes) is nice by the way!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:40 am

In the lounge at night there is the normal selection of spirits,Chopin vodka, Hendrick's gin etc ,Champagne and a German sekt. Food is three cold canapes per person and three hot, on the buffet there is a selection of cheeses ,breads, dips and crudites . Available 17.00 to 20.00 In the afternoons from 14.00 there are small sandwiches and cakes. Sof drinks available all day inc a selection of beers
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
There is reference to 3 small appetisers, so I'm assuming some sort of 'hot canapé' type offering "or cheese" on the Amb thread. Does this mean there is no food out at all and everything is to order, or that it is just cheese on the buffet and canapés can be ordered in addition? How is the drinks selection? Is champagne available now (I believe it used to be Sekt)?

There's an almost EUR100 supplement for club - when on leisure trips I don't normally bother with breakfast and so EUR90 would take a lot of spending in the Marlene bar! But I liked the Club as it was always quite calm. Now with the rabble of Royal Ambassadors is it worth it?
3 small canapes all cold with only half of the buffet being used, and just for cheese/bread.
Champagne available and other drinks self-pour

Very quiet when I visit - a family of four including 2 small and loud kids did spoil it.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:02 am

So the refurbishment starts in May, though I fear that the prices will be going up for the increased profitability . https://www.ihgplc.com/news-and-medi...GXDoqbZe9LcLqo
Old May 7, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Rewards Night Stay Breakfast

In April I stayed here for four nights on a points stay with my daughter.
At check in I was offered breakfast for two each day at a rate of 17Euros, total, 68Euros charged to room that night.

On check out, I received the total bill which had an additional 150Euros added, this was for 3 days breakfast, when enquiring why and explaining that the 68Euro was for the entire stay I was informed that the 68 was for just one night...

After some firm discussions, all four days breakfasts were removed from the bill.

It was a shame really, as we received an unexpected upgraded to a junior suite and had a fantastic stay.

Id recommend to anyone staying there on a reward night, that if breakfast deal is offered at reception, then ask for it in writing, printed and signed.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'm being told that the Spa is closed in July, and that guests may use the spa at the Schweizerhof instead.

What do they mean by spa? Is it the pool that's closed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.