IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 1flyer
200 000? Must be off by *at least* one order of magnitude.

The hotel has 558 rooms so it can sell at the very most 203 000 nights a year in total. Given usual average occupancy rates, they more likely sell around 120 000--140 000 nights year. So even if your "corporate RAs" purchased 10% of all nights (which seems high) we are at 12 000--14 000 nights a year...
you are right. Siemens has about 20 k nights
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Yes that deluxe room is on the 12th floor I once spent a couple of weeks in it. It was built as a trial room when they were choosing the refurbishment style. I seem to remember about 20 cushions over the bed , mercifully they only got put out for arrival. Glad they did not make the refurb. like it
Cielito_ likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:04 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Hi. I have a stay next weekend, first time in an IC. Can someone post a description of what equipment there is in the hotel gym ? Is it in a “dungeon” or in a nice lit room with a view ?
Thanks,
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: IHG
It's quite a small space with perhaps two running machines, a cross-trainer and a rowing machine. Nicely lit, with a water machine and some apples. It overlooks the indoor pool.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:47 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Thanks. I guess there also a selection of weights and maybe a strengthening machine ?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:08 pm

Yes. Those too, and one of those big, rubber balls.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:23 pm

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Is it in a “dungeon” or in a nice lit room with a view
While pool and Saunas (latter at a fee, waived with club package) are really nice the gym is below average for a 5* property in Berlin.
Would call it a nicely lit dungeon Personally, I don't like the "view on the pool" since that means from the pool you also have a perfect "view into the gym".

Nevertheless, enjoy your first IC stay. Make sure to check out Marlene Bar (good selcection of Cocktails).
Old Feb 5, 2018, 5:14 am

So after this stay, I was not impressed. This was not bad but no "wow" factor either. My preferential chains were Accor and Hilton, and I am now substituting Accor by IHG as I am fed up with Accor.
This was my first stay at an IHG property. I was upgraded from a standard room to a deluxe room, meaning a bigger room, but no extra amenities. The staff was inconsistent (I had a really poor waiter at one breakfast and a great one the next day), the room dated with clear wear and tear, the cleaning dubious. On the other hand the breakfast buffet was great, the room nice and comfortable (although I find the Hilton, Sofitel and Pullman beds more comfortable).
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I have stayed here about 10 times over the past few months and have to agree.

1) Gym is an embarrassment and gets way too busy, in fact they have just crammed another 3-4 machines into the already cramped space.
2) Staff, it goes from outstanding to awful and can do so in the same setting
3) Upgrades are a bit hit and miss, they have a variance within category too between the tower and the main building
4) Nothing special for multiple long stays. This must be my 50th+ night there and no one even acknowledges me, in fact aside from the bar everyone else seems to be different everytime I stay.

I am seriously considering moving back to the Hilton, but it is more expensive.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:37 am
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:44 pm

I guess your experience is different to mine, some of the staff have been there since 2005 when I first started staying there. I'm mostly greeted by name and welcomed back upon arrival, upgrades vary from normal to great. The only place I find the service strange is in the bar, though I haven't used it in a year as have been on the club floor so no need. I have a ten night stay soon in a normal deluxe room so will be using the bar then
annihilation likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
Hi all,

I booked a Club Superior Room King With Park View for 2 adults - 2 nights. Looking at the confirmation mail I see:
Extra Person Charge: €220.00 (EUR)
which looks like the extra 110 per night for club access.
Is this considered as double occupancy, i.e. do you think they are going to remove it as I am AMB?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by koriobg
Hi all,

I booked a Club Superior Room King With Park View for 2 adults - 2 nights. Looking at the confirmation mail I see:
Extra Person Charge: €220.00 (EUR)
which looks like the extra 110 per night for club access.
Is this considered as double occupancy, i.e. do you think they are going to remove it as I am AMB?

Thank you in advance.
You won't pay the extra person charge. It'll be fine.
koriobg likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:02 am

Get them to sort it out for you when you check in at the Club lounge, as an AMB always enter 1 guest then there is never an issue
koriobg likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.