IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

Their email is [email protected]
Thanks so much for the useful information! Will contact the IC Berlin reservations directly.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
If you book a Club deluxe then you will get a Club junior , if you book a Club junior then you will get the senior. Ask to be on the 8th floor as they do have some 'normal' senior suites on the 7th. The Club junior are one large room with a small wooden wall between the bed and seating area. There is a large bathroom (same as Club senior ) with walk in wardrobe. Also a seperate guest toilet. They are very nice and very different to the slightly cramped junior suites in the West wing. In the last two months I have been in both types and those on the Club floor are a world apart. Yes the Club senior are nicer still with a fully separate bedroom and a dining area. The staff in the lounge seem even more on the ball than ever, enjoy your stay
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by ninjalad
If you book a Club deluxe then you will get a Club junior , if you book a Club junior then you will get the senior. Ask to be on the 8th floor as they do have some 'normal' senior suites on the 7th. The Club junior are one large room with a small wooden wall between the bed and seating area. There is a large bathroom (same as Club senior ) with walk in wardrobe. Also a seperate guest toilet. They are very nice and very different to the slightly cramped junior suites in the West wing. In the last two months I have been in both types and those on the Club floor are a world apart. Yes the Club senior are nicer still with a fully separate bedroom and a dining area. The staff in the lounge seem even more on the ball than ever, enjoy your stay
+1. The service in the lounge has really been stepped up. Some lovely, warm
and attentive ladies, who really could not do enough for you.^
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:14 am
t0m

Hi - I notice that the free minibar seems to have disappeared from the list of club benefits on https://www.berlin.intercontinental....tercontinental

Does anybody know if the benefit has disappeared for club users?

Many thanks
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL GM / HH DIAMOND / IHG PlatAmb / AB Silv
Originally Posted by t0m
Hi - I notice that the free minibar seems to have disappeared from the list of club benefits on https://www.berlin.intercontinental....tercontinental

Does anybody know if the benefit has disappeared for club users?

Many thanks
Yes, I had a stay there mid October and we were still granted the free minibar bc we booked in April or so but they confirmed that from now on the minibar will be charged to your account.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:13 am
t0m

Originally Posted by najrob
Yes, I had a stay there mid October and we were still granted the free minibar bc we booked in April or so but they confirmed that from now on the minibar will be charged to your account.
IC Berlin also confirmed this to me directly..dang!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:46 pm

It was still free in Sept when I was there, I made another booking then for New Year so perhaps they will include it. I pretty much only drink the sparkling water from it and the odd Toblerone, maybe I'll smuggle some water out of the lounge as I refuse to pay €10 a half litre !
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I have an upcoming two-night stay in a Club Senior Suite, booked at the standard rate. I was due to stay an additional night on points, with an upgrade from the standard room to a Deluxe. I got an offer to remain in the same room for the original 35,000 points and an additional EUR 350 fee, the sum of which booked me into a Club Junior Suite, which then got me an Ambassador upgrade to a Club Senior Suite, something that is not supposed to happen. I appreciate the gesture and took the offer.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 5:44 pm

They seem to do what they can to allow you to stay in the same room. In Sept I had 5 nights booked in club deluxe upgraded to Club junior and a night before o points. They offered the same suite for €110 extra, which I happily took
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:11 pm

110EUR is exactly the fee for club access. I had a similar situation like you (but just only 1 paid night), was prior upgraded to the same (CJS) for all nights, but Club access only for the nights where I booked Club Deluxe.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:04 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
As I have pre-ordered some finger food, I received a pro-forma invoice, mentioning that I am pre-allocated room 838, same as last year
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:33 am

110 euro for the “enhanced” club lounge in Berlin these days? Those prices are crazy.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:17 am

For me the €110 was the jump from standard room on points to CJS 836 ,which I thought a bargain. I have a stay coming up which has been modified to show Club Senior so we'll see which I get
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:14 am

I thought I knew the IC Berlin inside out. Has anyone ever seen this Deluxe Room?

Last edited by Cielito_; Dec 30, 2017 at 5:16 pm
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
And the "normal RA" is not their main target. If however the "corporate RAs" belonging to the management of a corporation using this hotel for close to 200000 annual nights and several big events are unhappy and complain than this is a totally different issue.
200 000? Must be off by *at least* one order of magnitude.

The hotel has 558 rooms so it can sell at the very most 203 000 nights a year in total. Given usual average occupancy rates, they more likely sell around 120 000--140 000 nights year. So even if your "corporate RAs" purchased 10% of all nights (which seems high) we are at 12 000--14 000 nights a year...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.