Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:35 am

Well I am there this weekend. Will either purchase Ambassador before hand or on the day. Very much looking forward to enjoying this hotel and the Berlin International Beer Festival!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by mister.c.
Well I am there this weekend. Will either purchase Ambassador before hand or on the day. Very much looking forward to enjoying this hotel and the Berlin International Beer Festival!
I would love to hear your experience about how this went. I'm heading over there near the end of September and am Spire now. Any info on upgrades, perks, etc would be welcome with or without Ambassador.

Last edited by solstys; Aug 7, 2015 at 4:59 pm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:43 pm

Spire or Ambassador treatment at IC Berlin?

Any recent experiences with Spire at the IC Berlin? Has it been worth it to buy Ambassador during check-in?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Robert Herr to leave the Hotel InterContinental Berlin

Robert Herr will leave the "Hotel Intercontinental Berlin". His last official working day will be the August 31.

Intended to take over the Dutchman Aernout De Jong, currently Director of the "Crowne Plaza Amsterdam".

In Beirut, Robert Herr will manage 2 InterContinental Hotels, the "Phoenicia Beirut" and "Le Vendôme Beirut" .

http://m.morgenpost.de/berlin/leute/...al-Berlin.html
Old Aug 30, 2015, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Robert Herr will leave the "Hotel Intercontinental Berlin". His last official working day will be the August 31.

Intended to take over the Dutchman Aernout De Jong, currently Director of the "Crowne Plaza Amsterdam".

In Beirut, Robert Herr will manage 2 InterContinental Hotels, the "Phoenicia Beirut" and "Le Vendôme Beirut" .

http://m.morgenpost.de/berlin/leute/...al-Berlin.html
It worries me when a nice hotel changes GM...
I hope there will be no cutback on things..

Last edited by loyaltypointschaser; Aug 31, 2015 at 5:53 am
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well good for Beirut, those properties can use an experienced GM touch. Hoping the new GM doesn't rock the boat too much. It is working fine overall. Not like some executive chefs who come in new and try to change everything to out their "stamp" on things.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by demue
Well good for Beirut, those properties can use an experienced GM touch. Hoping the new GM doesn't rock the boat too much. It is working fine overall. Not like some executive chefs who come in new and try to change everything to out their "stamp" on things.
Well CP Amsterdam does not offer the access to the (poor) lounge.
So few chances that policy changes for the (very good) club lounge at IC Berlin for RAs...
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Quote:

Originally Posted by demue

Well CP Amsterdam does not offer the access to the (poor) lounge.
So few chances that policy changes for the (very good) club lounge at IC Berlin for RAs...
This exactly the reason that worries me. Apart from the location, and 50% off breakfast, I am not a huge fan of CP AMS. Particular dislike the CP AMS policy - upgrade to club room with no club access.

Let's hope there will be no big changes in a short time.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by solstys
I would love to hear your experience about how this went. I'm heading over there near the end of September and am Spire now. Any info on upgrades, perks, etc would be welcome with or without Ambassador.
In the end I did not upgrade to Ambassador. The hotel had upgraded me from the superior to deluxe room free of charge. I'd noticed this a couple of days prior to travel. They said at check-in due to my platinum status.

I had a very pleasant but new member of staff check me in. So I had to ask about the club lounge upgrade. She went away, spoke to someone and then told me it would be 70 Euros per night. Which for two of us I felt was worthwhile and we really enjoyed it. The Ambassador status would have given us this a little cheaper per night, but of course with the up-front $200. Our future travel plans wouldn't necessarily get the value from the $200 at this time.

Really enjoyed our stay. Lovely room and great hotel, and we felt we got value for money from our trip.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Anyone stay here and the Grand Hyatt?

I'm wondering about location, regular room size, bed quality. It will be on certs; given that the Hyatt certs are hard to use, I'm leaning towards that, but the IC sounds nicer.

I'm GP Platinum; could be ICAmbassador if it was worth it(but my guess is that this hotel won't do it for Ambassadors on award stays.

Last edited by beachfan; Oct 3, 2015 at 12:38 am
Old Sep 20, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Anyone stay here and the Grand Hyatt?

I'm wondering about location, regular room size, bed quality. It will be on certs; given that the Hyatt certs are hard to use, I'm leaning towards that, but the IC sounds nicer.

I'm GP Platinum; could be ICAmbassador if it was worth it(but my guess is that this hotel won't douch for Ambassadors on award stays.
I have not stayed at Grand Hyatt, but as AMB this IC has always upgraded me on award stays. However, they changed GM recently, an not sure if there has been any change of policy..
Old Sep 21, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I am currently at the Intercontinental and was upgraded from the booked superior room to a two room senior suite. No reason to complain.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I am currently at the Intercontinental and was upgraded from the booked superior room to a two room senior suite. No reason to complain.
Club Senior Suites are now included in the room inventory. Possibly something to do with the change of manager. Previously, they did not upgrade into these suites, but perhaps that has now changed. Any recent experiences?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:49 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I just completed an excellent 3 night stay with an outstanding upgrade. I had booked:
- 1 night in a business room, quickly upgraded to a Club Deluxe
- 2 nights in a Club Senior Suite
Before my arrival, I was offered a cheap upgrade to the Club Senior Suite for the first night, which I declined, given the amount I am reimbursed by my university.

I was unpacking my luggage in the Club Deluxe room when I received a phone call advising me that I had been upgraded to the Park Suite for the three nights ... A very nice gesture!

Service at the Club Lounge, especially by Julia and Stephanie, was superb, as usual.

BTW, another SPA closure ...

SPA closure 16 - 24 January 2016
The SPA InterContinental by InterContinental Berlin will be closed from 16 - 24 January 2016 due to maintenance of the wellness and sauna landscape. During this time, guests of the InterContinental Berlin are welcome to use the Spa by Pullman Schweizerhof in close proximity to the InterContinental Berlin. The fitness area of the InterContinental Berlin will remain open.

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 9, 2015 at 4:47 am
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:42 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
While the Club Senior Suites are around 100sqm in size, the Diplomat Suite is 120sqm, the Park Suite (room 800), 150sqm and the Presidential Suite (on the 6th floor) 200sqm.

The Park Suite includes:
- a large size entrance
- a guest toilet
- a small kitchenette
- a meeting room
- a large dining room / seating room with a great view
- a bedroom
- a separate shower
- a separate toilet
- a separate bathtub room with a nice view
- a huge dressing room with a small ballet mirror and bar ...

I'll add some pictures tonight.

One of my colleagues had a room on the 6th floor of the East Wing, where the Presidential Suite is located. This suite has visible security systems that the Park Suite lacks. There were also two bodyguards seated in front of the elevators on the first night.

What I also liked about room 800 was that it is located on the floor where the Club Lounge is located and that we could use the "spa" elevator located next to the room, with greater privacy than when using the two "regular" elevators.

Last edited by JOUY31; Dec 9, 2015 at 4:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.