IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The two roomtypes with club access are both standard East wing superior rooms on the 7th floor. The more expensive has a view over the Tiergarten. There are also club deluxe rooms which are on the 8th floor where the lounge is, to book these you have to call the hotel but expect to pay €300 a night. Otherwise book a Westwing deluxe room and pay for lounge access on check in, I prefer them to the club deluxe and to the junior suites.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:54 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by ninjalad
The two roomtypes with club access are both standard East wing superior rooms on the 7th floor. The more expensive has a view over the Tiergarten. There are also club deluxe rooms which are on the 8th floor where the lounge is, to book these you have to call the hotel but expect to pay 300 a night. Otherwise book a Westwing deluxe room and pay for lounge access on check in, I prefer them to the club deluxe and to the junior suites.
As I dont know the rates for your dates of stay,some additional thoughts.

1.You could ask the hotel,what they`ll offer if you upgrade your status to Amb at checkin booking the cheapest room.The upgrade will cost 200 USD.If you have enough points in your account,you might consider an upgrade to Amb before your stay-should be 32K Points and you`d save around 30 Euros per night for Club Access. Your room would be upgraded from Superior to Deluxe.Of course,this only would make sense,if you`re planning some more nights at IC Hotels within the next 12 months.

2.The IC Berlin is all in all a very nice Hotel and you`ll certainly get a fast reply to your inquiries via email.

Have fun,we`ll be staying there for 3 nights starting tomorrow.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:18 pm

Many thanks for your thoughts, all very helpful. When I get through the working week I'll have a good think and plan the best move!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Just want to double check do RA pay to have Lounge access here?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Just want to double check do RA pay to have Lounge access here?
Yes. And referred RAs pay double
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Yes. And referred RAs pay double
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Not sure everyone saw the changes that IHG made to the RA T&Cs when it comes to upgrades (it was highlighted on some of the blogs). For the IC Berlin it has an interesting and relatively wider exclusion list than for some other hotels who seem to exclude specialty suites only:

The type of room upgrade allocated is at the discretion of the hotel, excluding the following rooms:

InterContinental Berlin: All Club Suites & Presidential Suite.

Full T&Cs here:http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...rms-conditions
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:41 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by demue
So, this applies to the Club Senior Suites described upthread, the Diplomat Suite, the Park Suite and the Presidential Suite.

It will be interesting to see if these restrictions are effectively enforced for some RAs who were frequently upgraded to a Club Senior Suite.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Not sure everyone saw the changes that IHG made to the RA T&Cs when it comes to upgrades (it was highlighted on some of the blogs). For the IC Berlin it has an interesting and relatively wider exclusion list than for some other hotels who seem to exclude specialty suites only:

The type of room upgrade allocated is at the discretion of the hotel, excluding the following rooms:

Full T&Cs here:http://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/...rms-conditions

This is No Change .... These rooms ie Senior Club were already excluded in the RA t&c block
(As were already in the list of exclusion most of the other hotels and room designations that are excluded from upgrades)

Royal and Presidential Suites had a global exclusion sentence anyway and did not need listing against individual IC hotels
Old May 28, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Business vs. Club room

I'm about to book using BOGO certificate end of June. What would be the difference between Business room and Club room? From explanation I can see both give you access to Club, free mini bar etc. And seems thay are same size. Price difference is 15€? Would appreciate explanation by experienced Ambassadors, who stayed in IC Berlin.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:22 pm

There is no difference in my experience. Club Deluxe rooms are a little bigger than Club Superior/Business rooms, but not bookable online. Enjoy your stay, it is a very nice property ^
Old Jun 2, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
The difference is the view, the more expensive get a Tiergarten view. If you are Ambassador then you will be upgraded to the matching view in an 8th floor deluxe room. These are 45 sq/m and are much nicer than the standard rooms, the lounge is then on the same floor.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:12 am

Just booked three nights in August. In a superior room. Not an Ambassador currently but intend to do it, either a few days before hand, or when checking in at the hotel. Will value the room upgrade and intend to buy for the breakfast/ lounge option. Only live once and I hit the big 40 that month. Will value the free night to use in the next 12 months which gives us 'an excuse' to visit another intercontinental!

Thanks for peoples advice on this thread, including those specific to my questions early on in the year.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by doktor24
I'm about to book using BOGO certificate end of June. What would be the difference between Business room and Club room? From explanation I can see both give you access to Club, free mini bar etc. And seems thay are same size. Price difference is 15? Would appreciate explanation by experienced Ambassadors, who stayed in IC Berlin.

I have a business room booked with AMB Cert for this coming weekend also. Excited to see what they upgrade us to.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Originally Posted by DreamTrip
I have a business room booked with AMB Cert for this coming weekend also. Excited to see what they upgrade us to.
I'm preupgraded on-line to Club Deluxe which is one category higher. ^unfortunately had to cancel for this weekend. Will go in September

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.