Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:12 pm

This is an interesting way to describe construction:

We are happy to tell you that, in addition to our hotel entrance, we are currently beautifying some of the rooms in the westwing of the hotel for you.

How bad is it currently? A lot of noise everywhere?
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:42 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by saaveraward

We are happy to tell you that, in addition to our hotel entrance, we are currently beautifying some of the rooms in the westwing of the hotel for you.

I stayed end of August when, in addition to the construction in the west wing, they were renovating the lobby and bar. I can't say I was bothered by any construction noise, I do sleep with ear plugs in hotels but I do not think there would have been an issue. I could hear a bit of noise sometimes (I was not in the room often during daytime) since they were working directly above my room in the daytime.

Only issue I had was having water start dripping heavily near the entrance through the ceiling one morning. I called and it was dealt with very quickly, nothing of mine was close to the area affected.

The west rooms are much nicer than the classic ones so worth it even with the construction in my opinion.
saaveraward likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Was there a few days ago (weekend + Monday): My room was in the eastwing. Did not hear any noise, also not in the lobby/bar. I saw some construction on the roof of the entrance hall and in the rooms of the westwing.
saaveraward likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
In August I was allocated a room in the wing with the construction going on. Connecting to my Zoom meetings (without being muted) was impossible due to a terrible drilling noise. The disturbance lasted for a few hours each working day.

I did request another wing for my following stays, and my request was respected.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Since they refurbished the east wing rooms they are a lot nicer , though nothing was delivered me to the club floor suites .
If you think noise will be an issue then ask for that wing. I stayed there when they were wiring along the corridor and heard very little noise
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I am currently in a Club Senior Suite. Everything is great. Club staff is nice. Given the language capabilities of the wonderful staff you could have doubts that you are in Germany.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I am currently in a Club Senior Suite. Everything is great. Club staff is nice. Given the language capabilities of the wonderful staff you could have doubts that you are in Germany.
Did they also renovate the Club Junior & Senior Suites?

Judging from the photos on the IHG booking page, they still look the same...
Old Nov 26, 2022, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The Park suite, which I left today after a delightful upgrade from a Club Senior Suite 😊, is unchanged.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 4:40 pm

Yes , I had a week in the Park suite recently, my only issue is the two old music systems that don’t work so short of having the radio playing through the tv there is no music .
Was the sliding door between bedroom and living area working ? It was jammed when I was there and they were not sure how to fix it .
Old Nov 27, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Did they also renovate the Club Junior & Senior Suites?

Judging from the photos on the IHG booking page, they still look the same...
Was in a Club Senior Suite a week ago and it was not renovated. But in almost perfect condition, so no complaints at all. And I prefer wooden floor over carpet in hotel rooms. I hope it will stay like this when they decide to renovate.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:05 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ninjalad
Yes , I had a week in the Park suite recently, my only issue is the two old music systems that don’t work so short of having the radio playing through the tv there is no music .
Was the sliding door between bedroom and living area working ? It was jammed when I was there and they were not sure how to fix it .
It's been jammed since my stay in November 2021
... But one of the music systems was working. Turning on the lights you want to turn on can be a challenge ;-)
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:18 pm

Oh yes the lights are a challenge , every time I stay it takes me a while to remember how they work 🙈
JOUY31 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:20 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
The coloured spotlight arrangement illuminating the bed area in my room made me chuckle (after I figured out the light switches!)
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:26 pm

Oh the west wing premier rooms have their own trick. If using master on switch some bathroom lights work others not . Drove me crazy until I worked it out !
The Park suite next to the club lounge has an array of about 30 light switches scattered around lol
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:55 pm

Just wrapped up a stay on points here in a standard room. Helpful staff and reasonable location. Only issue was that the room was very warm and the bathroom was even warmer. We were told that the temperature control didn't work for individual rooms. We ended up having to leave the window open to keep the room at a comfortable temperature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.