Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Berlin Master Thread - after January 01, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Is the hotel currently operational? I am looking at going 30 Oct-2 Nov and it appears to be unavailable. Maybe it’s really fully booked but does anybody know?

This will be my first ‘post-Covid’ trip abroad (last time abroad was Feb 2020).

Pre-covid I went to Berlin at least twice a year every year and always stayed here. Not the grandest IC by any stretch but was always a well managed property - never any problems with my booking, room or stay. I loved the Marlene bar and Berlin’s ‘chilled’ yet city vibe. Staff here were always uber professional and the Club IC, even after some cutbacks, was very good in my view.

If full, I’m considering the CP by the railway station or the Indigo at the Eastside gallery (looks interesting). The Regent looks a bit stuffy to me - is it, or is it worth considering (similar price point to the Grand Hyatt which has a great Italian restaurant or the Ritz Carlton with the Curtain Club bar!!)?
The hotel is operational, and you can book some rooms easily the weekend after 30th October.

But it is not FULLY operational (club lounge, spa and pool are closed).
Breakfast is served on ground floor.
Hugo is open on evenings.

Ritz-Carlton and Waldorf-Astoria are quite similar in terms of interior design and experience.

Regent has not been renovated since it was a Four Seasons.

Still remember that one category upgrade, free breakfast and daily USD 50 minibar credit are offered for Royal Ambassador members.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
According to their website the spa opens on 16th Sept.
I had problems to book a couple of weeks ago then two days before it was available again .
They are hoping to have the East wing open again late October. Club will open when they have enough bookings. I have a club booking on Thursday for a week but know it is shut . I was told they’ll adjust the rate when I get there
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I had problems to book a couple of weeks ago then two days before it was available again .
They are hoping to have the East wing open again late October. Club will open when they have enough bookings. I have a club booking on Thursday for a week but know it is shut . I was told they’ll adjust the rate when I get there
I've stayed there last week. Breakfast is selfservicebuffet as usual.Marlene is open from 3pm to 11pm. Spa is open for prereservation.
As always a great stay thanks to the great staff.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Is the hotel currently operational? I am looking at going 30 Oct-2 Nov and it appears to be unavailable. Maybe it’s really fully booked but does anybody know?

This will be my first ‘post-Covid’ trip abroad (last time abroad was Feb 2020).

Pre-covid I went to Berlin at least twice a year every year and always stayed here. Not the grandest IC by any stretch but was always a well managed property - never any problems with my booking, room or stay. I loved the Marlene bar and Berlin’s ‘chilled’ yet city vibe. Staff here were always uber professional and the Club IC, even after some cutbacks, was very good in my view.

If full, I’m considering the CP by the railway station or the Indigo at the Eastside gallery (looks interesting). The Regent looks a bit stuffy to me - is it, or is it worth considering (similar price point to the Grand Hyatt which has a great Italian restaurant or the Ritz Carlton with the Curtain Club bar!!)?
What CP by the railwaystation do you mean?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:19 am

I think he means Nurnbergerstrasse, I had booked a couple of nights there when IC was full , as it was on points it was easy to swap last minute 😉
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:29 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I have been informed that, for my upcoming stay the first week of December, the Club Lounge will still be closed, due to construction works. Oh, well, the Park Suite is still nice, that is until we learn that Berlin goes into lockdown. Hopefully not.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:09 am

Yes they have no date when they will re open the lounge, sadly!
Are you sure that you’ll get 800 ? I was hoping for it in September but got the presidential suite 😞 really not my taste
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Yes they have no date when they will re open the lounge, sadly!
Are you sure that you’ll get 800 ? I was hoping for it in September but got the presidential suite 😞 really not my taste
i am ordering some finger food and got a reply from event management that I am booked in 800 🙂. I have seen the photographs from the Presidential suite (on the 6th floor ?) and I agree: it is not to my taste, either. 800 with the conference room and the dining room is both more pleasant and so much better for my needs during the conference I am attending (and so much better than the Club Senior Suite I had booked 😉 )
ninjalad likes this.

Last edited by JOUY31; Nov 20, 2021 at 12:16 am
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I’ve always had good results in terms of preferences being accommodated (due to variety of room types) when emailing hotel directly. I feel in Germany no shame in emailing and basically saying “what room do I need to book to get x”?

This time, this hotel was full sadly - I stayed at the Grand Hyatt and I thought the InterCon is a better hotel overall. So it reconfirmed my preferred hotel - and benefit of Ambassador programme.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:38 am

The signature suites are excluded from the upgrade list so not always given out
I usually book for the club floor then I’m certain to get a room on the 8th floor .
The next few bookings that is not bookable so have junior suite and hope for the best 😂
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:01 pm

Just checked in at IC Berlin as amb spire.
they mentioned the €15 credit for ambassadors.
But no drink voucher was offered.

This is not provided to spire members?
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:09 pm

They no longer offer it to me , the points go on my account within minutes . If you haven’t received the points then I suggest you ask at reception
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:15 pm

You get Points instead of the drink voucher?
is breakfast worth the €34 pp?
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Pre-Covid it was an impressive spread and of good quality. I'd venture out and say it is worth it, but I'd probably only spring for it if I had time for a leisurely breakfast and a big appetite. YMMV.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by daruda
You get Points instead of the drink voucher?
is breakfast worth the €34 pp?
It's a silly amount to pay for breakfast, unless breakfast is your main meal of the day - or you find yourself extraordinarily hungry but without the will to leave the hotel.

Or maybe you are well-companioned, and the light of your day has a craving for a well-appointed, indulgent but busy self-service canteen. But then we are talking EUR70.

Otherwise find a rate including breakfast, book a club room (which normally includes a relaxed breakfast along with other substantial benefits), or go out for tea and whatever. There are cafes nearby that clearly make their crust out of fugitives from the hotel's EUR34 breakfasts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.