IC Ceylan Istanbul Master Thread [merged]

Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone used the chase free night certificate at this property????i'm guessing it would be the same as an award stay so ra benefits would be honoured????
decided to use a bogof certificate for a 2 night stay here....the first night is available at 182 which i feel is a pretty good price....

a question for people who have used the ambassador free weekend night certificate before....my confirmation email says the total estimated charges would be 416 for the 2 nights....when i present the certificate then i should only be charged 182, correct????
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
decided to use a bogof certificate for a 2 night stay here....the first night is available at 182 which i feel is a pretty good price....

a question for people who have used the ambassador free weekend night certificate before....my confirmation email says the total estimated charges would be 416 for the 2 nights....when i present the certificate then i should only be charged 182, correct????
As I posted in the other thread where you posed this same question -- don't worry about it. 182 is what you'll be charged.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
As I posted in the other thread where you posed this same question -- don't worry about it. 182 is what you'll be charged.
thanks for the answer....since my previous question on this thread went unanswered for a month & a half, i just thought it would be safer to ask the question in the other thread as well....
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:05 pm

thanks for the answer....since my previous question on this thread went unanswered for a month & a half, i just thought it would be safer to ask the question in the other thread as well....
i got a free night here using bpg - not willing to put name of site but if you pm me will tell you
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:58 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
What's the normal upgrade from a standard (cheapest) room here for an Ambassador? I've been upgraded before arrival to a "standard city view", which seems underwhelming.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by marko4ever29
i got a free night here using bpg - not willing to put name of site but if you pm me will tell you
I'd appreciate if you could share as I'll be heading to Istanbul next week.

Cheers!

Oooops ... Just PMed you, tks!

Last edited by Squzair; Nov 28, 2012 at 8:40 am Reason: Mistake
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anyone here used the car service from the hotel for an airport pickup????if yes then how much did it cost????
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
has anyone here used the car service from the hotel for an airport pickup????if yes then how much did it cost????
The limousine service from the Airport is more than EUR 150 if I remember well.
Get a EUR 25 instead.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
The limousine service from the Airport is more than EUR 150 if I remember well.
Get a EUR 25 instead.
that's a lot....guess i'll stick to taking a taxi....
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anybody have an email address for the property????i have sent 2 emails to the address on their website but am yet to receive a response....
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Is the IETT 96T public bus from IST airport the cheapest option to IC Istanbul at 4 lira (down to 3 lira if you buy city bus tickets in bulk) one-way?

Any idea where in the airport terminal I can get these tickets?

Is the journey much much longer than HAVAS? Official site says 120 minutes - really?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by mecabq
I didn't say that it was in the league of Park Hyatt at Four Seasons (or the Ciragan Palace); I was careful in listing what I thought were the large chain business hotels that are comparable to it.

With the exception of the Ciragan Palace, the rest of the ones that you have listed are small boutique properties (<20 rooms) and/or not in the business center locations of the city. As non-chains, I don't imagine that they compete all that much with the IC. Plus the number of rooms at all of them put together is much less than the IC. So listing them hardly proves that there is not a relative shortage of quality hotel rooms in the city.

P.S. I wouldn't pay EUR 380 for the IC Ceylan, either, and have paid far less than that in each of my handful of stays there.
I spent a lot of time in Istanbul last year, First Try Atlas Jet cheapest ticket I've ever purchased. I flew from Antalya to Istanbul and the rate was so cheap I didn't know what to expect. I booked it based on time and a deep rooted desire to avoid Turkish Airlines which was 70X more expensive. I liked the IC Ceylan location was great and hard to beat. Had a corporate dinner deal at the roof top restaurant thing they have and the views were stunning. You can see the entire city Million Dollar view. I liked the hotel a lot but I like older hotels that have character. I loved the restaurant and lobby experience, I remember sitting in the lobby with a co worker and talking for a while sipping on high priced lattes. I also stayed at the Crowne Plaza Harbiye wow what a great hotel. New Property location is a up and coming part of the city sort of a B location but it cost me about five or 8-15 bucks to get to the IC or Ortakoy. The train is also not far although it was on a hill and it was a pain of a walk to get to the train. The train is also packed like sardines, it was an experience but I opted to cab it every where else. It was a new hotel at the time it still is but very modern look and feel to the property. I liked the restaurant and hospitality that people in Istanbul Showed me was out of this world. I also stayed at the CP Old Town the restaurant is what sticks out for me from that hotel I like the food there. I also had to work at the CP Asia wow I liked the part of the city that hotel was located in, I liked the hotel as well. They were really nice to me great hotel, I loved Istanbul and have recommended a trip to so many people. Antalya and Istanbul worth the trip for sure, I put on so much weight. The deserts were so great and hard to turn down. A co worker took me a store that sold Turkish Delights it was supposed to be the oldest and I mean old like hundreds of years old nice experience. The one thing I wish I would of done is book the hotel in Ortekoy that House Restaurant sat on it looked like a really nice hotel. I loved having dinner and lunch at that place and watching the sunset. Ortekoy is a must if your going to Istanbul you have the little Potatoe stands street meat sales people. The restaurant row deal is interesting as people hustling to get you in the restaurant well but house had incredible views and the food was good. This part of Istanbul reminded me San Francisco for some reason, There is also a Jersey Store or athletics store, I bought Authentic Jerseys, Shirts, etc. for the local team Besiktas dirt cheap

Last edited by the_commish3; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:27 pm
Old Apr 2, 2013, 5:00 am

Stayed here over the easter weekend and can highly recommend it! Booked one night on points and two with a BOGO. Was upgraded to a big suite without asking for it with great view to three sides of the city as an Ambassador. Daily free water and fruit, Nespresso machine in the suite. Everything in the room was in great shape. I guess I don't have to say anything about the location...

Edit: Got a welcome letter that says they honor status benefits no matter if you stay on cash or points.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:36 am
Used to be highman123

Just had a stay there last week:

Conclusion

I really wanted to like this place. The location is pretty good for widespread Istanbul you can walk to Taksim and Harbiye (Macka) areas easily.

It also has a very well equipped gym and nice swimming pool.

However the hardware is old and creaking and the service staff lacks the abilitiy and commitment to make up for that. It's an ok hotel but certainly does not feel luxurious. I would not come back.

Room rates started at $250 at the time of my stay.

More pictures and commentary at:

http://www.mightytravels.com/1323275...l_istanbul.php
Old Feb 25, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Just completed a paid stay here at a great rate of Euro 105 a night.

Location is obviously very good. Spa looked good but I didn't use it.

My IHG Platinum status - theoretically worthless at ICs - got me one free drink at the bar and a nice standard room with a Bosphorus view rather than a standard room. That's more than I have had in some ICs as an Ambassador, and confirms my view that the value of Ambassador is very marginal).

Only tiny minus points for me were terribly slow wifi (I tried both the "complimentary" connection and the "10 Euro/a day" connection - for which I wasn't charged - and they were both really poor), the lack of sockets anywhere near the bed and the absence of an in-room movie system.

The rate was even lower than the HI up the road in Sisli. Overall I'd be happy with a rate of up to Euro 175 for this property. Above that I would look further out (CP in Haribye maybe). And I wouldn't use points here unless the rate was above Euro 250, which can often be the case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.