Wiki Posts
Search

R/A benefits on Award stays

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2005, 10:05 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
I can't believe they were even so cheap as to cut the complimentary movie!
But I can!
Old Dec 18, 2005, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
Looks like our PC lurker has been working overtime....I just checked today and they had sneaked this in recently to the T&Cs under Section 9 InterContinental Ambassador Benefits:

<b>When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini bar beverages.</b>

What other benefits are left?

What a shame!!! I was upgraded on all my reward stays as ambassador
in Europe though, I think there is a major confsion now...
Does anybody have the previous version, worth printing and keeping
for the future use....
Old Dec 18, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
This is crazy! Are they trying to drive all of us away to different programs!

Who in the world is in charge of this marketing / loyalty program!?
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
I have posted many times that they can do whatever they want with their program, including defining me out of RA because it's their program to run.

However, at some point all of us will turn away from them. What possibly could it cost them to give suite upgrades and free minibar to RA's on award nights, especially since within the next year the number of RA's will, by definition, be 1% of Ambassadors? This is just plain silly. They are really doing their best to push my 100 nights a year at ICHG and 30-40 in IC's to other hotels.

Now, the part about minibar consumption being limited to drinks for the RA alone, I can kind of understand, despite the fact that the total cost to IC of the beverages in the minibar can't be more than about 10 bucks. Nevertheless, having had the free minibar locked on me at an IC after a heavy night of "entertaining" some friends, I can understand a little bit how it would tick them off!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 1:02 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by Jet2K
If you let me know which property you have in mind, I could post the email from the hotel stating their RA policy on Award stays. I have information from most of the properties in Asia, Australia/Oceania and Europe.

Do you have any recent info on the RA/reward policy for the IC Berlin?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
This is the reply I received a few months ago. Upgrade to junior suite, no charge for mini-bar liquor only. RA benefit on award stays. Please report back if there is any discrepancy or changes to their policy after your stay.

I am very happy to confirm, that we will certainly deliver all Royal
Ambassador benefits as those are guaranteed. For that reason, upgrade and complimentary beverages from the minibar are available on award nights as well.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further details.

With kind regards from Berlin.

Christian Siejock
Front Operations Manager

InterContinental Berlin
Budapester Strasse 2
D-10787 Berlin
Fon: +49 (0) 30 2602 1277
Fax: +49 (0) 30 2602 2600
email address removed
www.berlin.intercontinental.com
www.ichotelsgroup.com

============================

Thank you very much for your request and your interest shown in the InterContinental Berlin. We are delighted, that your experiences with InterContinental around the world have been positive and I can ensure you, that we will do our utmost to make your time with us in Berlin as comfortable as possible. It is my pleasure to comment on your questions below in regards of our hotel.

1. All our guests with "InterContinental Ambassador" status will be upgraded to a superior room. We assign rooms in the Deluxe category. Those rooms are very spacious, have a sitting area and bathroom with separate shower. Certainly all other benefits like late check-out at 4 p.m., fruit and mineral water upon arival, etc. will be provided for you.

2. In addition to all benefits from the "InterContinental Ambassador" we always assign Junior Suites in our West Wing for "Royal Ambassadors" when booking a standard room.

3. As per terms and conditions, all beverages including liqors from the minibar are included for Royal Ambassadors. Any snacks from the minibar have to be settled upon departure.

4. The InterContinental Berlin has a beautiful Club InterContinental, located in the contemporary East Wing of the hotel. There is no difference between Club Floor and Executive Floor. The two floors of our Club InterContinental have an access control, exclusively for guests booked on the Club InterContinental. Separate check-in and check-out, the Club Floor lounge with its food an beverage offers from 7 a.m. to 10.30 p.m., the Club Floor Bar and a an athmosphere of privacy and elegance will guarantee you the perfect hotel experience.

5. For all guests the surcharge for the Club InterContinental is 50.00 Euros per night and room. The same surcharge apllies for "InterContinental Ambassador" and "Royal Ambassador". Certainly all Benefits like upgrade etc. will be provided. For our exclusive Club Suites please contact us directly to quote room rates.

6. Unfortunately we won´t be able to provide you with floor plans for security reasons

7. This link should help to give you a first impression of the interContinental Berlin in total and the different room types, wings, restaurants and wellness area of the hotel. Please vistit www.berlin.intercontinental.com
<http://www.berlin.intercontinental.com>

8. In addition to the two familiar programmes, we do offer fixed rates for our frequent guests who do not work for a company with a negociated rate. Except two dates during fair times, you have a guaranteed rate and don´t depend on the rates available. We offer as well the membership of the "Privilege Club". This is a programm where you will receive vouchers for free nights, Airport transfer, upgrades, etc and you will get discounts for Food and beverage checks in the hotel. There is a strong impact on Germany and Berlin but not worldwide. For further details visit our website and use
the link "meals and entertainment".

Last edited by Jet2K; Mar 19, 2006 at 3:18 pm Reason: Remove email address
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:48 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Thanks, will let you know when i get back
Old Mar 19, 2006, 2:51 pm

Programs: Currently without any status :(
PLEASE, don't post other peoples email addresses on the web, this is a perfect way to ensure yourself being added to all kind of spams.

I suggest you edit the mail address out with xxx.
Nicole

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.