Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worth the upgrade from Business to Club?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Newbie in everything =p
Worth the upgrade from Business to Club?

Hey guys-
I'm going to book two more dates for stays at the IC Mark Hopkins in SF (stayed there last month and everything was perfect). I understand that as Ambs you get a upgrade to the next room class. Just curious, is there any other benefit for staying at a Club Room other than access to the Club lounge? The reason im asking is, that the Business Room can be had at $206 a night, while the Club Room is $251 a nite. Seeing how I'd be upgraded, it would be a $45 savings. The thing is, that I dont really need a Business room, I can go well, booking the Sup room to get a Deluxe upgrade and save even more overall. Yes, I know its only a few bucks, but still, just wondering. Cuz Club Lounge access is only $30 a day at the Mark Hopkins for Amb members... has anyone ever been there? Is there a lot of features for Club Members? I wasn't in the hotel much anyway (seeing the city for the first time) but still curious as to which I should book. Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:17 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
As an Ambassador member they will most probably upgrade you to a Business Junior Suite rather than to a Club room. I know it sounds logical that the next category should be the Club category, but I know that isn’t always the way they think. You could always book the cheapest available room, take the upgrade they offer you (to whatever room) and then pay for Club access, this would probably be the cheapest alternative. I have no personal experience about IC Mark Hopkins.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:30 am

Do they upgrade you before you arrive or when you check in?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
There is no upgrade to Club, even if you book the level below it. That is not one of the benefits as there are so many additional services that go with Club. As you note, you can pay $30 to use the lounge. Otherwise, not much difference in room amenities.

Upgrades are assigned generally day of arrival. Some see these reflected on their res file online, but I've never experienced this.

Glad to read the hotel met with your expectations, OmniScorpio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.