Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco Limo' Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2005, 1:44 am
Original Poster

San Francisco Limo' Transfer - Advice required!

SWMBO & I are off to SFO in a couple of weeks and I am wondering whether anyone has advice on whether or not to the limo transfer from the airport to the Mark Hopkins Intercontinental is worthwhile...both in cost and possible time saving...we are scheduled to land at 1455hr.

Also our return flight departs at 1900hr...when should we leave the city?

Last edited by JimmyTheJock; Mar 13, 2005 at 5:14 pm
Old Mar 13, 2005, 11:18 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I have never done the limo transfer when plenty of alternatives are available at SFO, so I really can't compare the time difference betw. the 2.

Did you want public transit?
<$8 per person 1 way

Shared van?
est. $13-$16 per person 1 way

If you want to know what's good time to leave, it depends...

Are you leaving for a domestic US flight?

Or, are you leaving for an international flight?

I haven't left SFO for an international flight in ages, but someone here might know.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Problem with public transit is the uphill climb to the hotel from the Powell/Mason cable car line if you get off at the Powell stop. Or you can get off the BART at Embarcadero and catch the cable car along California which drops you at the door of the Mark Hopkins. [$3 separate cable car fare required.] Of course, this is not recommended if you have lots of heavy bags.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Problem with public transit is the uphill climb to the hotel from the Powell/Mason cable car line if you get off at the Powell stop. Or you can get off the BART at Embarcadero and catch the cable car along California which drops you at the door of the Mark Hopkins. [$3 separate cable car fare required.] Of course, this is not recommended if you have lots of heavy bags.
There's also the 1 bus that goes from downtown up the hill. If you take BART from SFO to the Embarcadero station. The 1 bus should be 1 street over from the Embarcadero station.

I believe the route of the 1 bus should go by about 1 block over from the Mark Hopkins from downtown.

Last I recall, I believe the fare for buses was $1.25 one way, per person.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Sorry...should have made clear we are coming in from and departing to LHR!

And NO...we don't want to walk anywhere with our luggage...SWMBO would not be impressed delivery direct to the front entrance is essential.
Old Mar 14, 2005, 4:47 pm

Catch a cab...
Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotel car/limo services are always way overpriced. You can always book with local company.

In the NYC forum there are always requests for recommendations of car services. Maybe in the SFO forum, as well.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:11 am

Programs: Newbie in everything =p
I flew into the Oakland airport the last weekend of February. The hotel arranged ground transfer is operated by Virgin Limo (as in RIchard Branson's company). Since I was traveling alone, I opted for the private sedan instead of the limo. The cost for the sedan, inclusive of taxes and gratuity is $125. The limo I believe was around $160.
Driver was great, very professional and knowledgeable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.