Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by demue
Btw, redemptions now should book into Jimbaran Deluxe (renovated) which basically replaces a Classic room (not renovated). Above that will be Singaraja Premium once the 4xxx Wing is completed in Nov 2018 (planned). Not too bad value for points even without upgrade depending on cash rates.
Interesting: I've made a point booking some months ago and could choose at time of booking between Classic and Singaraja Premium for the 40k/night. When I search now is only Jimbaran on points availible.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Very likely, Classic will map into Jimbaran Deluxe as at some point (hopefully not too far out) all the base rooms are refurbished.

There have been a few times when Singaraja rooms were made available for redemptions, but it is not permanent. If you got a Singaraja booked on points I'd be pretty confident it would be honored even if it happened unintended.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:46 am

I got an email from the IC team saying they dont allow guests to purchase club access? Is this something new or do you think the staff member I spoke with is misinformed?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Definitely has been possible in the past though cost has varied. Of late some people reported that the rate difference between booked room category and Club room was demanded.

Could be a temporary rule for the time period when the Club wing 6xxx will undergo refurbishment or a new rule by the current management team. You can always ask for a supervisor or manager to revert and explain.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:10 pm

LOL they asked me to book on points and then said I can pay for club access. So I book it and then they offer me club access for 200 USD +21% VAT per night. GTFOH.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:01 pm

Sounds about right. These days they take the rate difference between Classic and Club for your period and quote that. The 21% is 10% service charge and 11% tax.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
LOL they asked me to book on points and then said I can pay for club access. So I book it and then they offer me club access for 200 USD +21% VAT per night. GTFOH.
Similar experience, USD 242 for club access! Ended up paying USD 390 and saving the points for another time.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:21 am

Keep in mind that if things largely go to plan, starting in the next few months, the entire 6xxx Club Wing will be taken out of inventory and that is over 100 rooms + suites combined IIRC. Some of the recently renovated rooms will be marked as "Club" rooms but effectively are renovated rooms with full Club benefits granted. Hence they may not be in a situation where they desperately need to sell Club benefits maybe having planned some reduced staffing etc. already. Not sure.

I'm planned to be there late Dec again and will likely skip Club (based on current rates) and just go with a now renovated Jimbaran Deluxe on points if they are ready and available by then. If still old Classic rooms I may stay somewhere else entirely which would be sad given we have been going there for the last 15+ years. Too many very good options at Club price levels and I think the current management team is overplaying its hand in terms of attraction of the property and loyalty of guests.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
For my dates in March Club Room is >300++ at the IC or ~100++ at the Conrad as Diamond with highly propably Suite Upgrade and Club acces. I prefer the IC but with this spread I will take a look at the Conrad this time.
And as award 40k plus paid Club for >200 is more than crazy. Last time I negotiated the Club upsell for 80++ what is IMHO acceptable.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:58 pm

Agreed, at those rate spreads it is hard to justify IC Club having a great property and all aside. 80 - 120$ used to be the going rate for Club buy-up depending on season and negotiation skill. Not any more, so don't give the reservations folks too hard of a time, they are just the executors of management orders.

Even at the much higher priced IC Danang can one negotiate a more reasonable Club buy-up than what IC Bali is quoting these days. YMMV.

I just hope the Club team won't have to suffer from this whole thing as they are excellent and one of the few reasons we keep returning.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:30 pm

Agreed. I cancelled my points booking there and let them know it was due to the offensively exorbitant price for club access. They really are crazy thinking people will pay 200+ for breakfast/afternoon tea/snacks...
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:44 pm

How much does just breakfast cost per person when booked on points?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:03 am

Around 18usd per person without any discounts.
ajayr likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:01 pm

Regarding the renovation works (ongoing and planned) seems that completion of 4xxx / 5xxx Wing (former Singaraja rooms) is further delayed with handover to hotel tbd.

Club Wing 6xxx start of renovations now seems pushed to end Mar 2019. All Club facilities incl. Club pool will be open till then. Take it with a "pinch of salt" as the start is a moving target. Originally Club Wing renovations were supposed to start in Fall 2017. YMMV.

One thing to mention, in my several stays during renovation works, the noise part was managed very well and barely noticeable unlike at some other hotels in Bali currently undergoing renovations.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by denkigroove
Interesting: I've made a point booking some months ago and could choose at time of booking between Classic and Singaraja Premium for the 40k/night. When I search now is only Jimbaran on points availible.
I booked a 4 night points and 2 night cash reservations back to back for next month. Don't remember what room I selected but both are now showing Singaraja Premium.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.