Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Savage25
Latest Chase free night upgrade offer. No thanks.

" We are very pleased to offer a preferential upgrade rate of US$ 190 ++ (21% service charges and tax applies) per night for two adults from Resort Classic to our Club Intercontinental Room and free upgrade to our Club Duplex Suite as part of your Ambassador benefit."
Hahaha, "preferential". In the past 150$++ was as bad as it would go during peak season. This is the exact rate differential between a Best Flex Resort Classic and Club room for random dates in Jul & Aug so just call it what it is, difference between the two room categories.

General prices for some F&B and room service and all have also gone up since the new GM, Resort Mgr and Exec Chef came in last year. KO Teppanyaki dinner menu went up ~200k++ IDR from 5xx to 7xx for our usual menu item. A room service menu Nasi Goreng now runs 180k++ IDR which is more than some Pizza I saw on it that was 160k++ IDR IIRC and had Parma ham on it. Go figure .

Someone is pushing their luck in my book and while the IC is a good property it is by far not the only one. I guess the investment for room refurbishments must come in from somewhere.

Last edited by demue; May 29, 2018 at 7:29 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 8:51 pm

Just starting to dig into the thread, trying to research a place to stay next Feb for our honeymoon(never been to bali). I was looking at the Duplex Suite for $300/night for 4 nights w/ breakfast. Overall it seems like a good rate as the classic room is $195/ night. I think the extra $100/night would be worth if for the suite. Perhaps as a plat I would the be upgraded to club duplex suite?
Old May 31, 2018, 7:21 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by kannon99
Just starting to dig into the thread, trying to research a place to stay next Feb for our honeymoon(never been to bali). I was looking at the Duplex Suite for $300/night for 4 nights w/ breakfast. Overall it seems like a good rate as the classic room is $195/ night. I think the extra $100/night would be worth if for the suite. Perhaps as a plat I would the be upgraded to club duplex suite?
They will not upgrade you to a Club Room for free.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by royalwifey111
Just noticed that they took away a club benefit.

Kids Club is no longer listed. Its only complimentary for guests staying in Duplex Suites.

We are staying on points and were thinking to upgrade to Club because of the benefits ...but all I see is free breakfast and a few drinks for sunset. Not worth the $150 they will try to charge me when we get there.
We stay at the Club for it offers more exclusivity, service and privacy - definitely not to get boozed and filled up on some buffets. We prefer a la carte breakfast to a buffet for the masses.
I wouldn't consider staying at the non-club part of the resort - too crowded, too many package tourists.
​​
kermadek likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Double post
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:02 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Just chillin’ here at the pool at the Bali IC planning our next trip here and noticed this for the first time ever....

4th night on us rate????? I’ve NEVER seen this with IHG. And it’s the cheapest rate offered.

Doee anyone know if this is stackable with the Citi Prestige 4th Night Free?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by 355F1

Just chillin’ here at the pool at the Bali IC planning our next trip here and noticed this for the first time ever....

4th night on us rate????? I’ve NEVER seen this with IHG. And it’s the cheapest rate offered.

Doee anyone know if this is stackable with the Citi Prestige 4th Night Free?

Why don't you just book 365 and do a time share for the rest of us? :-)

..... no is very interesting. While you by the the pool 355F1 (being a bit lazy here, should be re-reading the thread) .... I'm just on edge of booking a week maybe two for next April 30th. Just manged get me two off peak 1st miles tickets to SIN on BA. Any advice what to book price profile wise to get decent RA upgrades and club etc for an RA?

As I say a bit lazy on my part but IC Bali seems be in your back pocket so happy for advice/plan to get the best out of the place. We not too limited on budget and what to engineer to get the best out of the place ... we are inclined to tipple so lounge seems sensible and the norm for us ... less so for food. Advice very welcome if you still in horizontal mode! :-)

Last edited by Atacama40; Jun 3, 2018 at 6:24 am Reason: extra data / spelling
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Pontificating at the moment between 4 reward nights here or the Indigo Seminyak, I have enough points to book both and cancel whichever offers the worst deal for breakfast etc. We are in Bali for 8 nights and spending the first 4 in Ubud. I would appreciate any comments from those with experience, I hold Spire Ambassador status.

Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
What is your actual question about the breakfast? Quality, price, if there are any discounts or if it is given as benefit?

I can only share for IC based on a recent (paid, corpore rate, no breakfast included) stay in April also as Spire AMB. We did not get anything beyond a 1 category upgrade and admittedly a nice 6:30PM late checkout (which I had to fight for) and I have probably 20-25 stays and over 60-70 nights there. No free breakfast, no longer any 50% off, heck not even the usual IHG Elite 20% off. You pay around 250k IDR or around 18USD incl. Tax and Service for breakfast per person. It is quite extensive and of good quality.

Last edited by demue; Jun 6, 2018 at 8:18 am
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
That's the sort of thing, thanks. Deciding whether 40k extra points for the IC is worth it when both charge US/EU prices for breakfast. With the Indigo I can wander to one of the nearby beach bars for breakfast.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:05 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Why don't you just book 365 and do a time share for the rest of us? :-)

..... no is very interesting. While you by the the pool 355F1 (being a bit lazy here, should be re-reading the thread) .... I'm just on edge of booking a week maybe two for next April 30th. Just manged get me two off peak 1st miles tickets to SIN on BA. Any advice what to book price profile wise to get decent RA upgrades and club etc for an RA?

As I say a bit lazy on my part but IC Bali seems be in your back pocket so happy for advice/plan to get the best out of the place. We not too limited on budget and what to engineer to get the best out of the place ... we are inclined to tipple so lounge seems sensible and the norm for us ... less so for food. Advice very welcome if you still in horizontal mode! :-)
I am not an RA so I'm not sure what I can offer you.

I stopped paying for CLub Rooms at this resort as it just isn't worth it. I simply book a Resort Classic and let the Upgrade Gods do their magic. haha. I am a Spire AMB so it usually works out well.

But I do recommend the "Stay Longer and Save" rate that includes breakfast, 20% off all dining, etc for only like $18 more per night.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Spire Ambassador IHG, Gold Starwood, Gold Emirates, Gold Etihad
We are Spire Ambassador and we didn't get any discount for breakfast at IC. It was like $20 and Indigo was around the same price with discount. I liked Indigo more because you could leave and walk around and find something to eat nearby.
strickers likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:20 pm

I shared a bit higher up that IC has stopped offering any IHG Member / Elite / AMB offer for breakfast. A bit shortsighted in my book, but their decision.

You can still buy the dining credit packages and save some money that way which can be used to cover any meal at any hotel restaurant incl. for breakfast venues.

If you can manage via Gojek you can order great food for much less than at the IC, but many drivers call you so better to speak some Bahasa Indonesia.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 11:35 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by royalwifey111
I liked Indigo more because you could leave and walk around and find something to eat nearby.
There a NUMEROUS restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the IC......
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:50 am

Programs: IHG P; HH G
New to the flyertalk, forgive me if the question is too stupid. I booked a “1 King Premium Duplex Suite” with their Get together rate. Did anyone play around with this rate before? The T&C states access to Singaraja Lounge. Does it mean I need to pay for the IC Club access? As we are a group of 4 people, does it worth to purchase the access? (I don't know the price yet).... when I ask the hotel, they just reply me the difference between IC and Singaraja Lounge.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.