Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: TK, QR, UA
This is definitely a new development which has not been communicated to me yet. My stay is in the last two weeks of January 2018. I will now reach out to the hotel again and seek clarification. They assured me that while the Club rooms would be under renovations, including the Club pool, the Club itself would operate as normal with all the benefits. That is the only reason we have not canceled. Will revert once I get more information.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:04 pm

In my book, by the way, it is not understandable at all. It is a very bad way of doing business. They let me book a Club room on their website. Later they decided it wouldn't be available due to some construction but the Club itself will be open with all benefits. Then they reverse that decision as well. We have planned a whole trip around this with the expectations offered in the original booking. They should have blocked these rooms and benefits from the beginning. This is really frustrating and disappointing. How can they really compensate to make us still want to go?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They will look at it from a cost to operate and provide Club service during that period. Club benefits can't even be booked and need to be requested separately so how high will utilization be? They may come up with some special arrangements for you like a good chunk of F&B credit plus giving you a renovated Duplex Suite if you agree.

We cancelled our Feb stay based on this and booked IC Danang (Vietnam) instead plus looking at other options in Bali. Understand that may not be an option for others so share your thoughts with them and see if what they come up with works for you. Good luck.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:08 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by demue
They will look at it from a cost to operate and provide Club service during that period. Club benefits can't even be booked and need to be requested separately so how high will utilization be? They may come up with some special arrangements for you like a good chunk of F&B credit plus giving you a renovated Duplex Suite if you agree.

We cancelled our Feb stay based on this and booked IC Danang (Vietnam) instead plus looking at other options in Bali. Understand that may not be an option for others so share your thoughts with them and see if what they come up with works for you. Good luck.
Club is a major deciding point of staying at this property for me as well.

The Afternoon tea @ club lounge & ala-minute breakfast at club lounge are the key points which I'm not sure if they can substitute
But I think they can easily substitute the Mercedes transfer benefit & the sunset bar cocktails hour.

The new Hilton resort is out of the question for me, looks quite dated. Do let us know what you decided as I am too looking for other options in bali for my Feb stay.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I have just ended a near 2 week stay at the Bali IC in a club duplex and I have to say it was again simply wonderful. Issues, and I had two, were handled with style and aplomb as you would expect.

I was able to get a tour of the new room, they have one for tours and are happy to show them off.

While there, the breakfast venue was closed down for refurbishment and breakfast was served in Cucina, the Italian restaurant. Indeed the whole wing was closed and is due to reopen in December.

The club rooms and duplexes, along with the club pool, close in January and are due to reopen on the 30th June. The club itself is to remain open I understand. The 30th June is the date they are to be handed over but the hotel are not making any promises. I hope they make it as I would like to return.

Whilst there is was very busy with 750 guests at one stage. Not that you would have known as the grounds remain a haven of peace and quiet...most of the time............ There was a rather rowdy and obnoxious group of Aussie men on a stag party who rather embarrassed themselves - more than once - and really would have been better of in Kuta. They were out of place in the IC and had little style or class.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:21 pm

IC Club benefits for Jan-June 2018

As promised I reached out to the hotel. They confirmed that the club benefits (minus the pool of course) will be honored for those who had booked before the Club renovation dates were announced.
I guess they don't allow Club bookings anyway since the announcement for the first half of 2018.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by objektiw
As promised I reached out to the hotel. They confirmed that the club benefits (minus the pool of course) will be honored for those who had booked before the Club renovation dates were announced.
I guess they don't allow Club bookings anyway since the announcement for the first half of 2018.
Hmm, interesting one. This didn't come out clearly to me when I spoke to them the last time. I had booked Club before they pulled the room inventory. To keep the Club open and serving certain guests during a 6months period sounds strange to me as it takes quite some staff and effort to run a 24hrs lounge and have maybe a handful eligible guests as supposedly new bookings can't request Club benefits. Puzzles me a bit.

Oh well, I moved our stay to IC Danang already so no turning back for me .
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:40 am

When they were refurbishing the Club Pool about 5 years club guests could use the Jivana pool and bales etc.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:46 am

IC Club Pool

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
When they were refurbishing the Club Pool about 5 years club guests could use the Jivana pool and bales etc.
Yes, true. For one, I was just intrigued by the possibility to have access to a serene pool away from the hustle and bustle of other pools with kids (or Aussie men) running around screaming. But then again, we will have our 4-year old with us :-D
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:17 pm

Hi, I have a upcoming reservation at IC Bali in Dec 2017. I have booked Resort Classic room.
What can I expect in terms of room upgrade at check-in?
Will it make any difference in case I enroll for InterContinental Ambassador Programme?
Will I get club benefits?

I have another stay coming up in IC Singapore as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 1:47 am

You can expect no upgrade.

With AMB, if it is not a reward night, you can expect a 1 cat upgrade.

No club. Only for RA.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
I have a four night stay next week with two rooms as PlatAmb. A booked and already upgraded King Club Duplex Suite and a Resort Classic on points. They offer me proactively for upgrade to the same category for USD 210++ per day. In my view is this more than the price difference on a paid stay between the room category.
Is this negoatible? And when I try to upsell for a King Club - is this in the same wing?

I ask for your experience before I answer this offer.

Last edited by denkigroove; Nov 7, 2017 at 6:03 pm
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by denkigroove
I have a four night stay next week with two rooms as PlatAmb. A booked and already upgraded King Club Duplex Suite and a Resort Classic on points. They offer me proactively for upgrade to the same category for USD 210++ per day. In my view is this more than the price difference on a paid stay between the room category.
Is this negoatible? And when I try to upsell for a King Club - is this in the same wing?

I ask for your experience before I answer this offer.
If the difference between Resort Classic and Club Duplex Suite is less than $210++ then tell them and ask if a better offer can be made or propose smth. Keep im mind there is 10% service and 11% tax on top of what you agree on. Also the supplement does not earn points.

A Club King would be im the same wing 6xxx.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by demue
If the difference between Resort Classic and Club Duplex Suite is less than $210++ then tell them and ask if a better offer can be made or propose smth. Keep im mind there is 10% service and 11% tax on top of what you agree on. Also the supplement does not earn points.

A Club King would be im the same wing 6xxx.
Thanks. I have wrote them to give me a better offer with the arguments that are written here in this thread.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:34 am

I‘ve negotiated it for USD 80++ per night for an upsell from points booking to Club King.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.