IC Bali Master Thread [merged]

Old Jan 6, 20, 11:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN|-IHG spire/RA
Drinks at restaurant Bella Cucina

The drinks liist

Old Jan 28, 20, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
What is the club surcharge here when staying on points? Looking at a 4N stay and wonder if it's worth it.

Assuming they charge by room and not by person.
Old Jan 28, 20, 7:38 pm

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Of late, they're most likely just going to quote the difference between the not so attractive (err, inflated) best flex rates between a Jimbaran Deluxe and a Club room which they will then upgrade to Club Duplex for AMB. I'm leaving RA status holders out of this.

I have seen quotes of 200++ USD which is a bit ludicrous. As we were talking in Hyatt Regency Bali thread, a Regency Club room over there can be had for 225++ USD flex rate without difficulties and you don't need to waste points and even earn some. Yes IC Club is definitely better, so it all comes down to what value one puts on the more premium offerings (e.g. spirits, breakfast menu) and more polished service at the IC.

For IC these days I think a Jimbaran Deluxe, upgraded to Singaraja Premier (for AMB, maybe even Spire) will do just fine with breakfast added as all those rooms are renovated already anyways. 200++ USD a day go a long way in Bali, even at the IC.
skywalkerLAX and 355F1 like this.
Old Jan 29, 20, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demue View Post
Of late, they're most likely just going to quote the difference between the not so attractive (err, inflated) best flex rates between a Jimbaran Deluxe and a Club room which they will then upgrade to Club Duplex for AMB. I'm leaving RA status holders out of this.

I have seen quotes of 200++ USD which is a bit ludicrous.
That's insane. Forget it, gonna use the points in Osaka instead during Sakura.
Old Jan 30, 20, 1:29 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM (and falling fast!), AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Originally Posted by demue View Post
For IC these days I think a Jimbaran Deluxe, upgraded to Singaraja Premier (for AMB, maybe even Spire) will do just fine with breakfast added as all those rooms are renovated already anyways. 200++ USD a day go a long way in Bali, even at the IC.

Yep. This is exactly what I do.

I stay there about 3x/year and after the first booking of a club room I canít justify the cost any longer.

I always book the Stay Longer rate that includes breakfast. They have an AMAZING Breakfast there.
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:14 pm

Jivana Villa with Pool

Hi everyone!

My family of three from the States is considering a trip to Bali for the first time for the 2020 holiday season (yes, I plan in advance...I know, I know...) I've booked the two-bedroom Jivana Villa with a pool. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience/feedback with the villas? I'd love to know your thoughts and whether it's worth the dough! Two-bedrooms at most Intercontinentals (in the fabulous Asian locations) seem to be running about the same price, so I'm veering towards Bali simply because both the place and the villa itself look incredible. I'd love any insight anyone can share. Many thanks!
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:45 pm

UGH ignore this - I tried to reply to a specific post with a question, but it posted down here next to my own post. And I can edit but not delete.
Old Feb 16, 20, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
hello I am a RA and I have just booked this hotel from April because its cheap. I booked a Singaraja Premium. Not sure what the room is and what I can expect as an upgrade?
thanks. Just staying 3 nights. I had a fantastic stay here 10 years ago and cant wait to go back! INGARAJA PREMIUM
Old Feb 16, 20, 11:50 pm

Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Likely a Club room as upgrade as RA. Suite maybe a Duplex or so, but no specialty suites unless super lucky. Either way Club acces is guaranteed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: