IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
A couple of months ago, we met Mega at the Renaissance Uluwatu. He had been Director of Rooms at the IC Bali until the middle of 2016.

BTW, we also got upgraded to a suite at the Renaissance, but it was a pretty awkward set up.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Sill pontificating but probably going to move my rewards booking from the Indigo to the IC, the row of restaurants look good for dinner. Quick question, is there anywhere to walk for breakfast or should I bite the bullet and pay the fee?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:58 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by strickers
Sill pontificating but probably going to move my rewards booking from the Indigo to the IC, the row of restaurants look good for dinner. Quick question, is there anywhere to walk for breakfast or should I bite the bullet and pay the fee?
Breakfast is worth it at the IC.

Not many breakfast spots nearby, also.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by strickers
Chocolate Cafe

https://www.facebook.com/chocolatecafejimbarancorner/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...Kuta_Bali.html
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:08 pm

Me again with another question, there is a reasonable cash rate for a Jimbaran Deluxe which includes breakfast. What would be my likely upgrade from there as Spire Ambassador.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the help.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Singaraja / Singaraja Premium would be the upgrade as Jimbaran Deluxe is nothing but a renovated old Classic room.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:37 am

Bit the bullet and booked a King Club Room for cash, always painful when you have the points, we will see what the upgrade fairy brings.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Expect a Club Duplex and anything beyond is pure luck. Depending on when you plan to stay, e.g. after Nov 2018, the plan is to take many of the Club Specialty Suites (Uluwatu, Bukit) out of inventory due to renovation of 6xxx wing.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Expect a Club Duplex and anything beyond is pure luck. Depending on when you plan to stay, e.g. after Nov 2018, the plan is to take many of the Club Specialty Suites (Uluwatu, Bukit) out of inventory due to renovation of 6xxx wing.
Thanks Demue, that's what is showing on the website already. By the time I had accounted for some cash back and the points I will earn and what I expected to pay for club access, paying seemed the better value. I'll report back in mid Nov.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:42 pm

anyone with any recent stories about upgrades with AMB status using points?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 8:23 pm

On points they go by the book unless they are short of rooms in the booked category. Hence expect the room category you reserved and be happy if any upgrade is given.

Btw, redemptions now should book into Jimbaran Deluxe (renovated) which basically replaces a Classic room (not renovated). Above that will be Singaraja Premium once the 4xxx Wing is completed in Nov 2018 (planned). Not too bad value for points even without upgrade depending on cash rates.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:51 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
anyone with any recent stories about upgrades with AMB status using points?
booked points first night + bogo 2nd+3rd night.

was told have to move rooms after 1st night. So, pretty strict on points even with this trick.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by jedicat666
booked points first night + bogo 2nd+3rd night.

was told have to move rooms after 1st night. So, pretty strict on points even with this trick.
If that was from a Classic / Base room to a Club room or a suite then yes they will ask you to move or you agree on paying a supplement fee.

We did have a mixed stay a few months back were 2 nights were paid and 2 nights were on points all in a Classic room (work stay combined with leisure). The paid nights were upgraded to Singaraja as AMB and I just asked to stay in same room for points nights which was granted. Not a huge price difference between these rooms and very limited additional benefits so if they had made a fuss I would have stayed at another place.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
FYI:
Refurbishment of wings 4 & 5 is on hold at the moment, there seem to be some issues/disagreements between management and owner. This means work in the club wing will most likely start with a delay (Source: Management team member).

Minor work at the club pool bar is currently carried out, leading to some noise during the day.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:54 am

Thanks, interesting. 4xxx is almost done so not sure what would be achieved by holding back on it and for changes it would seem very late in the game. 5xxx is not as far along and was planned for early 2019 completion.

Well not surprised overall. Let's hope whatever "challenges" there are can be overcome soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.