FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/394545-ic-bali-jimbaran-master-thread-merged.html)

objektiw Feb 11, 2018 6:36 am

Yes, it is certainly possible. I chose not to make a request as they indeed appeared genuine in offering this room.
Actually, a couple moved in to the next Newly Duplex when we were leaving - it turned out they explicitly chose the Newly over the Club after checking both out - they found the Club rooms too 'dark' (I guess due to the dark brown and red colors of the decor...). YMMV indeed.

aerodude Mar 3, 2018 2:15 pm

Resort Classic

Hi everyone,

I’ve booked this hotel for the first time after 3 previous visits to Bali. The reviews look great but I had some specific questions I’m looking for some advice rrom
the forum, and those who’ve stayed recently.

I will be there in April this year and have booked Resort Classic on a Club weekend rate. I’m guessing this has nothing to do with Club IC benefits. I’m a rewards club platinum so not expecting any upgrades or benefits at all. However, have any of the Resort Classic rooms undergone a renovation?

Are most other facilities in the hotel still available, spa, gym etc? Is there a noticeable effect on the resort look and feel as well as other facilities while the upgrades are ongoing?

Thanks for the help!

aerodude

canesfan Mar 20, 2018 10:59 am

Anyone know how much the breakfast buffet cost? I'm debating whether to purchase a club room or just a regular room, and club rooms are about $130 more, and trying to see if my wife and I will get the value back on club.

markdg Mar 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by canesfan (Post 29546880)
Anyone know how much the breakfast buffet cost? I'm debating whether to purchase a club room or just a regular room, and club rooms are about $130 more, and trying to see if my wife and I will get the value back on club.

It was 2011 when I went, but the Club was very much worth the extra - because you get access to a part of the resort that non-Club patrons don't. Also, at the time, the cocktail hour was 3-hours in the afternoon. It was delightful

demue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 pm

Last few stays I recalled it was officially around 215,000 IDR plus 21%. However, there were offers to buy it for the stay at 50% off when not booked already with room rate.

canesfan Mar 21, 2018 7:46 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 29548756)
Last few stays I recalled it was officially around 215,000 IDR plus 21%. However, there were offers to buy it for the stay at 50% off when not booked already with room rate.

Ahh, the similiar deal that IC Bora Bora and Samui have the last 2 years we have visited them. I believe those offers were because of Ambassador status... Good to know!

355F1 Mar 21, 2018 10:45 am

Originally Posted by canesfan (Post 29546880)

I don't drink alcohol so I never find the Club Rate worth the money.

What I do is book the Stay Longer Pay Less" rate that usually requires 4-5 nights, as it includes breakfast for 2 for less than $20 more per night total. It ALSO includes 20% off all dining for the stay.https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a090b78387.png

User Name Apr 3, 2018 7:47 pm

Resort Classic available bed types?

I'm traveling with wife and 7 year old daughter, and considering booking a Resort Classic room using points. The room type description states "When you arrive we will do our best to meet your room bed type and smoking preferences as these are subject to availability" - so my question is does this room type come in a '2 Queen' configuration? (The picture on the website just shows what looks to be a King). I'm wondering whether to roll the dice. I'm also banking on non-smoking. It's these things that have stopped me from trying to use my points in the past, but I'm becoming more determined to redeem them.

demue Apr 3, 2018 7:58 pm

Update on the breakfast part asked by some. I inquired for an upcoming stay and was told by reservations supervisor that the offer of 50% off breakfast for AMB / IHG Elite is no longer offered and full price will be charged.

I also asked how much the cost was for breakfast these days (used to be 225k++ IDR), but that part of the query wasn't responded too same as my query on state of renovations was skipped. As always it is tiring to get full, complete and coherent responses from some of the team there.

demue Apr 3, 2018 8:00 pm

Deleted

Exleftseat Apr 4, 2018 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 29599768)
Update on the breakfast part asked by some. I inquired for an upcoming stay and was told by reservations supervisor that the offer of 50% off breakfast for AMB / IHG Elite is no longer offered and full price will be charged.

I also asked how much the cost was for breakfast these days (used to be 225k++ IDR), but that part of the query wasn't responded too same as my query on state of renovations was skipped. As always it is tiring to get full, complete and coherent responses from some of the team there.

The breakfast situation at IHG hotels is really sad. Go with other programs and breakfast is included for upper level members. I used to be exclusive with IHG, not any longer.
They lost most of my business.

FlyerTalker688786 Apr 4, 2018 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat (Post 29603429)
The breakfast situation at IHG hotels is really sad. Go with other programs and breakfast is included for upper level members. I used to be exclusive with IHG, not any longer.
They lost most of my business.

Same here. So far this year 50% of my stay is with Hilton. I anticipate 90% of my stay will be with Hilton if IHG did nothing this year. And sadly this year when I go to Bali in Soil it won't be InterContinental. Had 2 bad experience in Melbourne and Adelaide. And decided I will no longer offer my loyalty to IHG after 14 years.

demue Apr 4, 2018 7:52 pm

These days we take the approach to go by property first rather chain if feasible and then see what prices are and all. IC Bali on the ground is pretty good in our books and while not flawless they usually have taken care of issues raised swiftly.

Just dealing with the reservations team upfront is always hasslsome and highly inconsistent when it comes to responses. 3 people can give you 3 differing responses, none of which may turn out to be what is done on the ground when you are there. YMMV.

Atacama40 Apr 9, 2018 7:30 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 29166773)
Update:

i shall be staying from 20-28 december at the IC Bali at the Imperial Villa with spouse and inlaws.
i'd be happy to answer any questions pertaing this accomodation type or if there are any FT'ers maybe organize a viewing.

Your three last posts have been extremely helpful in planning our trip....you pre-emptied a good few of the questions I was about to ask. Appreciated

Atacama40 Apr 9, 2018 1:01 pm

Have to say this is certainly one of the more informative threads with very solid data from many folks ... has saved me a lot of communication and research time.

Demue, did you ever get any update on the renovation schedule? Would be very interested to hear about that .... presently the only thing that concerns me a little and yet the reports suggest it is not impacting folks experiences.

I'm planning a couple weeks IC Bali end of April or May 2019. I have RA for many years & will communicate with hotel a little nearer the time. Sounds like they are receptive and supportive.

Just to ask for few typical questions and apologies some overlap data already posted but these things move all the time and as mentioned, it seems an enthusiastic thread with clear answers from experienced regulars so hopefully you won't mind:

1. Would be great get an up to date opinion on impact of the volcano - I don't actually care too much about delayed flights etc more quality & experience of stay.

2. The F&B seems get commented on quite well - would be interested in any more detail of the restaurants and offerings good or bad .... and indeed locally what is worth to try and visit as alternatives? Apologies I am entirely new to this area so have zero knowledge bar what I've read on this excellent thread the last hour. And we don't mind anything from street food to top top end and everything inbetween.

3. Had in mind to fly to SIN and stay at the IC Robertson Quay ... SIN is practical for us flight wise and never need an excuse stop a day. Then fly down to either Jakarta or DPS? Any experiences/suggestions there? I saw a very well priced KLM business ticket and a what seemed a very expensive Singapore Airlines business ticket to DPS.....both were direct. Looked a simple hop but interested to hear any guidance on service, cost, time saved etc.

4. Travel Back to Jakarta - flights seem frequent on Garuda and cheap but honestly speaking I've never used them and only heard fairly negative comments about them .... guess that could apply to any airline in reality but again would be good get any suggestions or steer on best options.

5. Off topic but - guessing you regulars will have stayed in IC Bandung Dago Pakar. Not been to Jakarta and this is a holiday rather than work visit. How much time would you consider good to allocate to Jakarta and is the IC and good option? Or worth considering the new one opening later year? Or both? Hate to miss an option? :-)

We then thought to find a flight up to Phu Quoc and try the new IC there assuming it's open then. We have done Vietnam and all the IC's there before and enjoyed it....I'm told the island is even better. I think Vietnam do a flight there with a transfer in Saigon and I was impressed with the Vietnam planes and service the last few years now they are refreshing their planes.

Appreciate any advice you might have. Have traveled SE Asia a good deal work and holiday wise and stayed at most (not quite all) of the IC's .... but never Indonesia area, so would be great to get some education....very informative thread

Many thanks