IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
For those staying at the IC now what, if any, effect is Agung having on the resort? Is there ash or sulphur? How did the resort handle guests stranded because of flight cancellations?

We have a trip planned for Christmas and are considering canceling. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 8:21 am

I spent a night there last week when the airport was closed. I don't think there was any effect on resort operations as the hotel is quite far from Agung. Not sure how they handled stranded guests as I was previously staying elsewhere and then booked here for a night after the airport was already closed for a few days.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Staying as RA now for 1 night. Booked a club duplex ($270++) was upgraded to Uluwatu suite on the 3rd level. The rate included $50 credit to spend at the hotel.

(Typing on the ipad i'm prone to spelling mistakes so please forgive an old sod like me)

hotel is at 40 % occupancy, according to club IC staff due to massive cancellations because of Gunung Agung's ash activity.
they expect business to pick up during the festive days but at the moment it feels very peacefull and quiet.
Most people don't mind getting there but the option of not being able to use DPS airport out and be bussed and ferried to SUB has put a lot of people in a wake of uncertainty.

I was proactively mailed about the complimentary airport transfer and other wishes. During the ride to the hotel, the club phoned in as to see if there were any extra wishes. As mum had some knee surgery, the hotel had a wheelchair ready at the hotel and the poor man had to push her all across the slippery ramps to club IC. It rains actually at night as quite a douse but daytime the temperatures are very comfortable. Still received the flower garland and the traditional welcome by ringing the gong.

Some differences from my previous stay in 2015:
- refurbishment works in the 2nd left wing and the 1 right wing. So schematicly the resortlayout is as: \ - I -- I - / .... Under refurbishment are wings I and I ....Noise is not that noticable but those wings are covered in scaffolding and it's corridors closed.
- refurbishments at their main breakfast buffet restaurant which is now closed. They have opened up their Italian dining restaurant and being closer to the sea while having indoor AC and outdoor patio seating, this setup is a winner. Full Breakfast is also still served at IC club while the club pool has a continental breakfast selection.
- club pool seems to be serving all day beverages at x price
- club lounge still serves high tea but i missed it due to an extended snooze
- happy hour / drinks cocktails are now served at the club pool aswell as Sunset Bearch Bar&Grill
- club lounge does the drinks with selection of canaps but although the quality is tasty and good, the buffet during happy hour has shrunk considerably It now has salads, nuts, cheese, fruit only. I have seen more food at IC Parklance club. Could be we were late at the club or they are bringing the full works out only during the festive season. Fortunately there was a man making fresh summer rolls so i kept him happily at work. There were about 2 dutch elderly couples, 1 honeymooners, a french family and some australians but i think max 16 people so seating was quite easy.
- club IC staff proactivly arranged my departure transfer, print out of boarding passes proactivly
- website lists HARNN as amenities for suites but instead it was stocked with a local brand named DianThee. Although slightly dissapointed i must say this stuff is great as mosquito repellent.
- smoking is allowed on balconies - they provide ash trays upon request
- pillow menu has the choice of feather soft - feather firm - hypo allergic - foam - kapok ( local cotton ) super firm - half cylinder for side sleepers
- inroom tea is provided by TWG and coffee by Krups fresh whole bean machine
- lunch at jimbaran gardens poolside was very good, lots of friendly waitstaff with good english skills, food was fresh and portions sufficient.
- dinner at sunset bar&grill is casual beachside, more nibbles tidbit style but the grilled items were served with veggies and potatos. Manager came to explain the tuna quality was off so instead advised a different fish. While typing this my stomach agrees fully.

Warning ! Long lists of prices as of december 2017 (am typing this to accumulate merit for X-MAS and the FT-cimmunity)
----------------------------
Club Pool Beverages period of service 11.30 a 17.00 Prices in IDR K subject to 10%service charge 11% tax

Smoothie 75 ( banana / 5 fruits)
Milkshae 75 (vanilla / strawberry / chocolate)
Lassie 75 (chocolate / strawberry)

Cocktails 160 (margarita / mojito)
Mocktail 75 (seabreeze loyal style)
Fresh juices 70 (strawberry/orange/carrot/banana/pineapple/watermelon)
Beers 70 (bintang/anker/bali hai)
Imported beers 90 (heineken/corona)
120 (sapporo)
Softdrinks 55 (coca cola/zero/diet/sprite/tonic/soda/ginger ale)
Mineral water (flat/sparkling) Equil 45 (small 380 ml)
60 (large 760 ml)
Coffee / Tea - hot or iced - 55 (black/espresso/capucinno/latte/chocolate/earl grey/chamomile/english breakfast

Wines
Cava freixenet cordon negro Spain 188 - 800
Sauvignon blanc matau New Zealand 198 - 875
Chardonnay two island Indonesia 135 - 535
Carbanet Sauvignon bernard magrez languedic-roussilon France 185 -785
Pinot noir Matau New Zealand 198 - 875
--------------
Inroom minibar prices in IDR K subject to 10% service charge and 11% tax
Beer Bintang 70
Heineken 90
Wine white / red 600
Softdrinks 55
Isotonic 18 (Mizone)
25 ((you vitamine C 1000)
28 (pocari sweat - hilarous name but household staple in Japan)
Premium water 48 (evian)
60 (equill still/sparkling)
Juice flask 38 (apple/orange)
Juice carton 24 (buavita apple/orange)
Fresh carton milk/chocolate 14
Tea canned 40 (poka oolong/green)
Snacks 22-140 (wafers,chocolate, cookies,chips, nuts, sweets, cup noodle)
Sunlotion 85
Mosquito repellent 30
-----------

side notes:
- i got noticed by a blogger, we flinched, met and it made me forgot his name and think thrice
- as an RA got fruit platter, chocolates, sustainable cashews, bottle red wine two islands 2016 shiraz and beach bag
- 1 eur equals 16050 IDR
- drive to hotel is about 15m

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 12, 2017 at 3:53 pm Reason: A curse on ipad and frames !! Argh typo's!!!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Club Intercontinental refreshment schedule
6.30 - 11.00 breakfast
14.00 - 16.00 high tea
16.30 - 19.30 cocktails and canaps

(I tried to upload the Club benefits folder but i can't seem to select my photos on my ipad)

--------
The resort also now offeres dining incentives packages:
(As per text )
Intercontinental Bali resort has your pleasure in mind with a choice of enticing dining incentives that can be used at all of our restaurants and bars throughout the duration of your stay. Each added value option enables you to wine and dine in true resort style with great savings that can be allocated for other holiday indulgences.

Uluwatu
Receive rp 1250000 in dining entitlements for just rp 1000000

Bukit
Be entitled to dine to the value of rp 4500000 and pay only rp 3500000

Jimbaran
Wine and dine to the value of rp 6750000 for only rp 5000000

Terms and conditions
This package is only valid for charges once the package has been activated
Upon purchase, the amount selected will be automaticly added as credit to your account
A no refund policy applies for amount not utilized during your stay
Any charges excess of the package will be applied directly to your account
Not valid during christmass and new year's eve dinner and cannot be combined with any other promotion including happy hour

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 12, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:01 pm

IC Bali club benifts folder

It finally worked (had to update IOS) here the club benefits folder

IC club benefits folder
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:05 pm

Update:

i shall be staying from 20-28 december at the IC Bali at the Imperial Villa with spouse and inlaws.
i'd be happy to answer any questions pertaing this accomodation type or if there are any FT'ers maybe organize a viewing.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:21 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Rates have dropped significantly for next May over the last few weeks.

Rates are are now showing $144/night.

I think i paid $138/night two years ago but does anyone else think the volcano activity is seriously affecting tourism and hotel bookings?

Might they drop even more...?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't think that in 15+ years of going there multiple times a year rates for a Classic room ever dipped below 120USD ++. I could be wrong, bit what you are seeing right now is pretty decent though maybe not rock bottom yet.

What has people on edge is the possibility of getting stuck when trying to get into or out of Bali. The road trip to Surabaya really isn't fun at all which is what airlines have used recently.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:20 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by demue
I don't think that in 15+ years of going there multiple times a year rates for a Classic room ever dipped below 120USD ++. I could be wrong, bit what you are seeing right now is pretty decent though maybe not rock bottom yet.

What has people on edge is the possibility of getting stuck when trying to get into or out of Bali. The road trip to Surabaya really isn't fun at all which is what airlines have used recently.
i agree.

I was simply referencing that the rates have dropped in the past couple of weeks for May 2018 stays.

also, the new Bali Hotel Indigos rates dropped this week to a level not seen before.

Last edited by 355F1; Dec 15, 2017 at 1:28 am
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:23 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Headed back for the third time to this IC next May.

We booked a Resort Classic room for 6 nights @ $152/night with the Stay Longer and Save rate, which includes breakfast. The regular rate was $144/night. I dont find the Club Rate valuable as We dont drink alcohol and there are tons of cheap food options nearby.

We have stayed in duplexes each time and I just find the room too big and dont care about having an upstairs bedroom. If they double upgrade us again I wont complain, but Ive never stayed here and booked a Resort Classic. So, Ill post my experience as a Spire Ambassador again.

We are staying 11 nights total in Bali but I think we are gonna stay 5 nights over on Nusa Lembongan for scuba diving if the volcano doesnt screw up that side of the islands.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Paid stay you will get upgraded to Singaraja (renovated) by default as AMB (and apparently even as Spire). Maybe better if lucky. Those renovated Singaraja rooms in the 2xxx wing used to be Resort Classic rooms so they are smaller than the old Singaraja.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Just finished a 5-night stay here and had a wonderful time. Used an Ambassador certificate for the first two nights with complimentary Club Lounge room/access in lieu of room upgrade (none were available). The last 3 nights using points plus $50++ to continue Club benefits. Benefits at Club pool are excellent (complimentary soft drinks, coffee and juices all day) with service to your cabana. Lounge is excellent. Tea service is nothing special, but evening cocktails and canapes are wonderful. Although the hot items are small and brought to your table, they frequently went around offering people additional servings. We loved finishing happy hour at the beach.

Was there over Christmas and it was never crowded. Nearly all guests were families. Staff did a decent job keeping the kids quiet in the Club pool and prohibiting access to Club Lounge evening cocktail hour.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:51 am

For those wondering about the reach of eruptions of Gunung Agung - here's a map of the immediate radius --- note this is not anywhere near IC Bali. Concerning ash and wind, thats all in the hands of fate.

Radius of Gunung Agung - effects on Amlapura regency ---- far away from Jimbaran
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: TK, QR, UA
Back from Bali

We spent a week in IC Bali from January 25 through February 1. The resort completely exceeded our expectations. Let me hot the highlights: Even though it was rainy season, there was only one rain day. It did rain often overnight and two or three days started out cloudy but we had a decent amount of sunshine every day, one or two days even without clouds. It was often windy though. Don't trust the weather forecast - it can be a different weather at the resort and further inside the island. The Club benefits are the best that I have seen anywhere. We had our 4-year old with us and we could hardly get her out of the Planet Trekkers kids' club which is open from 8 until 10 pm! They even take care of lunch and dinner for the kids, and they have different activities every hour. Simply awesome. The Club lounge was great; I did not even understand why they plan to renovate it. Contrary to an earlier post by someone, kids are not prohibited in the Club lounge during cocktail hours, nor they are prohibited at the Club pool. One just has to make sure they behave. Ours did wonderfully, but when we felt she was too active, we just sat on the outside terrace. The drink offerings during happy hour is really good considering it is included in the benefits; however, their wine options ought to be upgraded. The staff were wonderful with kids and super courteous to us. Breakfast venues and options were great - our breakfasts gradually changed from the first-morning jetlagged 6:30 am one to the 10:30 am "brunch". They claimed that the resort was 50% full but it seemed to me more like 20% max. Nothing was ever crowded.
Update on the renovations. As others have already noted, they postponed the Club renovations until mid-October (after the annual meetings of the WB/IMF nearby on Oct 12-24). When we were there, the 3xxx and 4xxx wings were being renovated. I did not find it distractive; I only heard noise when I walked by those wings, but no noise in the other wings. It did have an impact on the Uluwatu spa though since they were working right above it. The gym was also relocated to two ground floor club rooms in the 6xxx wing. I only saw one other person using it once.
There was only one aspect of our stay that still leaves me wondering, even after having raised it to the assistant Club manager at an evening cocktail they organized for guests. I booked a Club room, and expected to be upgraded to Club Duplex as a Platinum Ambassador. Our reservation reflected it even before we arrived. However, we were put into the Newly Duplex in the 1xxxx wing. When I questioned it, they said it was a "better" room since it was just updated, and it would keep us away from the noise of the construction. It still puzzles me if those were the real reasons. I did not make an issue of it officially. But I did check out one Club Duplex and it seemed fine to me. It did not look too outdated at all, and the noise did not seem to be noticeable. There were other people staying in that wing so I can only speculate why were were placed there. It could be that I actually canceled our original reservation and re-booked two weeks earlier when they ran a 40% off deal.... Perhaps they wanted to keep the Club Duplexes open for full-fare customers? While I had no problem at all with the Newly Duplex, the IC wing would have been a bit more convenient to the Club Lounge, Pool, Gym, Kids Club, and of course it has better view.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 11:04 pm

I'm quite familiar with the rooms and suites (old and new) and the team and my take here would really be that they genuinely want to offer you the refreshed, updated room experience without any more sinister motives. If the trek between 1xxx Wing and Club lounge and Club pool is too much of a hassle, you could have told them initially and a 6xxx Duplex suite should have been possible.

Some folks complain when they don't get the refurbished rooms assigned. I agree that the Club rooms and suites are still in overall good condition and in my mind use more lasting materials / furniture than the renovated rooms so far (non-Club). YMMV.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.