Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:52 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
So 54austin says that they are going to start renovating the Club rooms and pool in September, and then demue says this won't happen until January. Now I'm confused as to which is correct. I've got a stay booked in a Club room for September and want to make sure my relaxing beach holiday isn't ruined by construction noise and disruption (been there, done that, don't want to do it again), as well as no actual Club experience. Does anyone have an email for the manager perhaps or definite information on the construction?

Last edited by KMPete; Jul 3, 2017 at 1:53 am Reason: proofreading
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: TK, QR, UA
I was advised by IC Bali that the Club rooms will be renovated from January through June 2018. The Club pool will also be closed. Consequently, we were downgraded to some other room...
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:37 am

Newly Duplex Suite

On those other room types, could someone please help me clarify this new setup in light of the renovations:

I was under the impression that they had Classic Room, Classic Duplex Suite; then Singaraja Room, Singaraja Duplex Suite; then Club Room, Duplex Club Suite. Each of these groups of rooms would be in different wings, and if you book a room the AMB would upgrade you to the duplex, but usually not across these groups.

Now that they will renovate the Club wing between January and June 2018, I was booked into the newly renovated Singaraja Room, and they offered the AMB 'upgrade' to a "Newly Duplex Suite"!

What is this "Newly Duplex Suite"? It's not a typo; they wrote it this way twice, and told me it is not the Singaraja Duplex Suite. Is this really an upgrade from the Singaraja Room? Is this perhaps the new room type som

Thanks for any clarification if someone knows.eone mentioned earlier, or just a fancy name for the renovated Resort Classic Duplex?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by KMPete
So 54austin says that they are going to start renovating the Club rooms and pool in September, and then demue says this won't happen until January. Now I'm confused as to which is correct. I've got a stay booked in a Club room for September and want to make sure my relaxing beach holiday isn't ruined by construction noise and disruption (been there, done that, don't want to do it again), as well as no actual Club experience. Does anyone have an email for the manager perhaps or definite information on the construction?
Don't have an email for concierge, but I did email [email protected] regarding transfer service to airport for club rooms. Their response though did not answer my question fyi.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
New name for a renovated Duplex likely in the 1xxxx Wing of the property (left most just building looking from lobby to beach).

Even the renovated Singaraja rooms are actually former Classic rooms from what I understand, hence they are smaller than the previous Singaraja rooms that are now sold as the Classic rooms (e.g. 4xxx Wing). YMMV.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
My recent follow up with someone in management confirms what objektiw said about the club pool starting reno's in Jan. I didn't ask about the club rooms, so have no update there. They stated, "I am pleased to advise that our Club pool will be open until the 1st of January and closed from the 2nd."
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by 54austin
My recent follow up with someone in management confirms what objektiw said about the club pool starting reno's in Jan. I didn't ask about the club rooms, so have no update there. They stated, "I am pleased to advise that our Club pool will be open until the 1st of January and closed from the 2nd."

This is what they wrote to me exactly: "We received final notification of renovation works to our rooms after your reservation was confirmed [for a Club Duplex Suite for late January 2018]. This means that Club Intercontinental room will not be available from January to June 2018 [....] We would like to offer you this [other] room for your stay as well as access to our Club Lounge and all the benefits. The Club Intercontinental pool will also be closed at this time."
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:08 am

Thanks everyone for the information about construction works. I'm glad I'll be able to enjoy a relaxing, and peaceful, holiday. They're doing construction behind my flat (for over a year now) and I need a holiday from the noise, so definitely didn't want to fly all the way to Bali to hear more of the same. :-)
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
There is still going to be construction (room refurbishment) of non-Club rooms (Wing 3000 + Taman Gita restaurant) between Sep to Dec 2017. However, for someone in Club rooms (Wing 6000) I wouldn't think it will be noticeable.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:09 am

Room construction usually isn't too loud unless you are right by it. I was more concerned about loud whatever they'd be doing by the pool and of course not having a Club and all that goes with that. Seems like they have been good about being upfront with guests though about the Club construction/unavailability. That's nice because I've been to other IHG properties where they were more evasive about such things.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
The current IHG Sale offers Singaraja Rooms for USD165++ and Club Room USD252++ (both nonflex). Is this for mid November a low price or rather standard? Or should I wait for a cheaper possibility?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove
The current IHG Sale offers Singaraja Rooms for USD165++ and Club Room USD252++ (both nonflex). Is this for mid November a low price or rather standard? Or should I wait for a cheaper possibility?
USD 160 is the lowest I've ever seen for Singaraja. It seems to fluctuate between USD 180 - 205 with USD 160 popping up every now and then.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:09 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by objektiw
We would like to offer you this [other] room for your stay as well as access to our Club Lounge and all the benefits. The Club Intercontinental pool will also be closed at this time."
and of course not having a Club and all that goes with that.
I'm confused. Will there be Club Lounge (Ala-Minute Breakfast / Tea / Cocktails) or not ?

My stay is Early-mind February. I've contacted IC Bali reservations and Facebook admin. Reservations is telling me that Club product is not available, but Facebook admin tells me club access still available with all benefits

Anyway, have sent an email requesting some clarification from Club manager.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:55 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jedicat666
I'm confused. Will there be Club Lounge (Ala-Minute Breakfast / Tea / Cocktails) or not ?

My stay is Early-mind February. I've contacted IC Bali reservations and Facebook admin. Reservations is telling me that Club product is not available, but Facebook admin tells me club access still available with all benefits

Anyway, have sent an email requesting some clarification from Club manager.
After checking with management :

"Dear xxx,

Sorry for this confusion. This issue was on discussion by our management during the week, and however its just recently decided that Club access will be not available during the renovation period.

Do apologize for this inconvenience.
Should you have any questions, please contact us.

Have a great day!"
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:06 am

Interesting. Not great in my book, but to a degree understandable. This would definitely be a departure from earlier (written) statements made when the club lounge was supposed to stay open during the period. I have some agreements for my stay during that impacted period which now won't work. So it will be interesting if they actually reach out and offer something as an alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.