IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:43 am

I could be wrong but I thought the Jimbaran, Uluwatu and Bukit Sutes are now in the Cub Wing overlooking the Club Pool - are there still some in the Singsraja Wing?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:52 am

This is a resort map - the Jivana Villa is to the left of the Club Pool close to the beach and the part adjacent to it is the club wing with the suites. The Singaraja Wing is across the gardens - are there also suites in that wing?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
[IMG] The Singaraja Wing is across the gardens - are there also suites in that wing?
What do you mean by "Accross the gardens"? Coming from the Club Wing?

The Singaraja Wing I stayed in several times is the one to the right of the Club Pool (when looking from beach front). It is numbered 4xxx while Club Wing is numbered 6xxx. I understood from staff that the other two wings are Classic rooms. Don't get confused by the fact that the Italian restaurant (#24 on your map) is called 'Bella Singaraja'. But then I never stayed in either of those two wings so wouldn't swear on it

Jimbaran Suites are not in the Club Wing from what I know. They only got 4 of those and they are in the Annex Building just behind / slightly to the right of #20. Basically at the tip of the Singaraja Wing facing the beach. They are on two floors two each. I had the one on the lower floor closer towards the Jimbaran Gardens restaurant while the other one is right next to it more towards Club pool.

Last edited by demue; Sep 2, 2014 at 2:47 am
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry to bother but looking at staying here over new yrs..
can anyone tell me how far from airport etc and also how far from the holiday inn resort?
also,what day trips can be done from the resort-is ubud far?
thanks
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
That time is ridiculously busy. I heard that there would be a new express road built for some event in 2013? Trade expo or something like that. Has that eased traffic?

It took us 2.5 hours in traffic to get to the downtown area of Bali last time during xmas...
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
that doesnt sound good-any ideas on how to beat the crush if we want to go to ubud for a day or an overnight stay?

thanks
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Any reason why award availability just got blocked off for all of January??
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:49 pm
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Anyone staying here 11/14 - 11/19?

Aloha all,

Just wondering if anyone on FT was going to be staying at the IC during this time? Although my girlfriend & I are both well traveled, this will be our first time in Bali. It would be great to meet some new people on this trip
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
my club duplex overlooked the helicopter pad and I understood that the entire block was club rooms and or suites. I visited in August and will again next August and the place was packed. That said it was generally very pleasent as there is so much space.

The journey to and from the airport can be a chore but the runway is visible from the beach and you can walk to the airport perimeter fence along jimbaran bay.

I have not been back since the new road and airport terminal opened and this should have eased congestion but only a little. Traffic is heavy in tall around the clock and it is often better to get out and walk.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:28 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Am planning to stay at this property by this coming January. Any idea the weather condition by end-December to early-January? When the best time to enjoy the sunny/sunset and avoid wet (rainy) season? Mind to share FT-fellas? TQ in advance.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:04 am

It's the rainy season but that usually means a short heavy burst daily. The sea is rougher and the sky can be greyer.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold
Just stayed here recently in November.

Was upgrade to a Duplex suite from a basic room as just Amb.

Tried to pay for club access but was told it was full!

I have a
review (photo-heavy) on my blog if anyone is interested.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by demue
I think it depends how much time you want to spend at the hotel and if you are going to go for happy hour drinks every day. If you plan to eat dinner outside and are not big on drinks then it may not be worth it. The breakfast saves you about 25$ a person so if you add some snacks and drinks you can definitely get more out than the 100$ premium you pay. You also get roundtrip airport transfers worth another 25$ combined.

Club pool is calmer and separated, but don't count it to be totally kids free or so.

Cheers . . .
What are the other benefits of the club room? It doesn't seem like the package includes much besides breakfast & drinks?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:16 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
What are the other benefits of the club room? It doesn't seem like the package includes much besides breakfast & drinks?
Snacks throughout the day, upgraded toiletries, roundtrip airport transfer, own pool (rather boring but usually tranquil square water hole with free drinks). I believe if you have kids they can use a children zone free of charge(?), and there's also a "relaxation centre" for adults with books etc.

HTB.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by htb
Snacks throughout the day, upgraded toiletries, roundtrip airport transfer, own pool (rather boring but usually tranquil square water hole with free drinks). I believe if you have kids they can use a children zone free of charge(?), and there's also a "relaxation centre" for adults with books etc.

HTB.
Thanks. I decided to go with the Club Room. They lowered the price by $20, so there is less of a cost difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.