Search

IC Carlton Cannes Master Thread [merged] - rebranded as Regent

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:50 pm
uk1
Suspended

About time ^
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:22 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Transportation From Nice

Is there any easy Shuttle bus transportation from Nice that drops you off nearby?

I believe a taxi will cost 90 euros.

Only staying one night and 24 hours on a mileage run

I understand that there is no train service available so that just leaves Car Hire as the only option.

Opinions will be greatly appreciated
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by navatwal
Well a one day car rental would cost a whole lot less, even including valet parking at the hotel. Plus you can try to get an upgrade to a cabriolet. For me, driving a topless car on the Riviera was the highlight of my very first trip there. It was a few days before the film festival was due to start and when we pulled up to the Carlton in a new Alfa Spyder, people were stopping and crowding around to take pictures.

Hertz and Avis have some extra nice cars at NCE. Even Budget has Rolls Royce's for rent, or at least they used to when times were better.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 3:52 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Im there next week for one night, surely the weather cant be that much better compared to the UK?

Originally Posted by stimpy
Well a one day car rental would cost a whole lot less, even including valet parking at the hotel. Plus you can try to get an upgrade to a cabriolet. For me, driving a topless car on the Riviera was the highlight of my very first trip there. It was a few days before the film festival was due to start and when we pulled up to the Carlton in a new Alfa Spyder, people were stopping and crowding around to take pictures.

Hertz and Avis have some extra nice cars at NCE. Even Budget has Rolls Royce's for rent, or at least they used to when times were better.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im there next week for one night, surely the weather cant be that much better compared to the UK?
Actually I'm nearby Cannes right now and it's brilliant sunshine. Feels like 20+. Perfect weather for a cabriolet, especially for someone who us used to UK weather!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Well a one day car rental would cost a whole lot less, even including valet parking at the hotel.
Valet Parking at the Carlton is at EUR 38.
That makes the cabriolet rental at less than EUR 52 for a week-end, which seems quite competitive...
Old Dec 31, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Is there any easy Shuttle bus transportation from Nice that drops you off nearby?

Only staying one night and 24 hours on a mileage run

I understand that there is no train service available so that just leaves Car Hire as the only option.

Opinions will be greatly appreciated
If you do want to keep the cost down and avoid car rental and parking fees, then there is a shuttle service that is quite cheap - it's the 210 airport bus, and it drops you at the bus park/Hotel de Ville in Cannes. It's €26 return and runs every half hour (not a 24 hour service though). You can find info and book at www.niceairportexpress.com - I've used it in the past and it was good; reliable and fast.

Weather is fab there at the moment! Sunny and about 19 degrees! Have a good trip.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
That makes the cabriolet rental at less than EUR 52 for a week-end, which seems quite competitive...
I said upgrade to cabriolet. Never pay for one! And it is €90 each way for the taxi. €180 total.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I stayed there for 3 nights recently. Sunday the street parking was free and you get lunch time and evenings free too. Also you can pre pay for the first 2 hrs of the morning. So I found it was better to park on one of the side streets. To be honest with you I had actually gone there planning on using the valet parking but the side streets were much more convenient and cheaper.

Definitely hire a car. Taxi is so not worth it.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:17 am

I am being quoted £75 for hiring a basic compact car for 24 hours.

Where can I get a good pre-paid deal?

Especially for the Cabriolet you have mentioned.

I said upgrade to cabriolet. Never pay for one! And it is €90 each way for the taxi. €180 total.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I paid £82 for 3 days hire and got a nice upgrade at pick up with my BMI vouchers.

Shop around... go onto the car hire pages on FT and see if any codes or deals around.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:37 am

Which BMI Voucher would that be?

I also hold Avis Preferred and Hertz #1 One Gold Club if that helps with anything

Originally Posted by lallyr
got a nice upgrade at pick up with my BMI vouchers.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You get it with the gold elite pack. If you are in the uk pm your address will post you one.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lallyr
To be honest with you I had actually gone there planning on using the valet parking but the side streets were much more convenient and cheaper.
Valet parking is great when arriving, but I would advise you to call the reception before checking-out, as it can take some time to get your car back (don't know where they park the car)
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

£75 sounds about right for a one day rental, due to all the surcharges, etc. You get an upgrade with your status, and you sweet talk the girl at the counter for a cabriolet. It shouldn't be too hard this time of year as they have a lot of them at NCE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.