Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza - Vilnius Lithuania

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Cheers guys.Both like both it seems.Have to rethink this one.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:01 am

Problem solved: discovered the HI is on pointsbreaks.Those PB 'laggards' evidently do have their uses.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 3:40 am

Problem now resolved beyond dispute. The CP-Vilnius is alas no longer part of IHG according to PC.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question A new CP in Vilnius? Or mistake in prev post?

Originally Posted by docklander
Problem now resolved beyond dispute. The CP-Vilnius is alas no longer part of IHG according to PC.
Above quote is previous post from Dec 2009.

I plan to visit Vilnius. Priority Club site shows a CP at addr: M.K. Ciurlionio Str. 84 .
Anybody knows if this is the one referred to in this thread, or a new different hotel ??
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
the very same one
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:07 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
A quick update and comments from my current stay here:

As a Plat member I was upgraded to an "Executive" room. There is no Exec Lounge of course. The Executive room is more like a Junior Suite at many hotels with separate "living" and bedroom. But the living room is small and full of furniture. Would be a little more practical without couch seating for 4 people! My room overlooks the park and there were fireworks and a concern there last night so I had a good view of the fireworks.

There are only 2 small lifts (6 people or 450kg max) and very slow. There are often tour groups staying here and when they all try to head to the foyer to depart on their buses, the delays for the lift can be significant - today I waited close to 10 mins and each lift only stopped once at my floor in that time and both times were already full - so I took the stairs down about 10 floors.

Breakfast of adequate and reasonable value at 31LTL. There is a small supermarket about 100 yards up the street, but apart from that and the park down the street, its a long walk to much else.

The hotel still shows signs of its soviet past, with the room service menu in English and Russian. Everywhere else such documentation is always in Lithuanian (primary) and English with very little written Russian remaining.

Its certainly no IC. But its clean, mostly quiet (except when there is a concert and firewalls in the park) and comfortable. But next time I think I will stay in a hotel in the Old Town (like Amberton, Shakespeare or Radisson) or at the HI which is more convenient to the office but otherwise a non-location..
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you NM. I saw what looked like a little supermarket in Street View but wasn't sure, good to have that confirmed. Knowing the price of breakfast is also very useful.
Looking forward to my own stay and hope to make use of the pool in the mornings. Did you get to go down there on your visit?
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: A3*G, OW Sapphire, IHG Diamond Amb
Thank you too NM. I am also going to VNO next month.

I booked one night at Radisson and two at this CP (PointBreaks earlier this month). I do want to check out the nightlife so I am still considering canceling this booking at CP for a more centrally located hotel.. Not sure what to expect since it's my first trip to VNO.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:38 pm
NM

Originally Posted by LapLap
Thank you NM. I saw what looked like a little supermarket in Street View but wasn't sure, good to have that confirmed. Knowing the price of breakfast is also very useful.
Looking forward to my own stay and hope to make use of the pool in the mornings. Did you get to go down there on your visit?
The Supermarket is called Maxima and they are quite common in Vilnius. I didn't check the pool. But the weather is already getting cool (well, I am from Brisbane!) and even the thought of an indoor pool in this weather makes me shiver .
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:43 pm
NM

Originally Posted by flrvt
Thank you too NM. I am also going to VNO next month.

I booked one night at Radisson and two at this CP (PointBreaks earlier this month). I do want to check out the nightlife so I am still considering canceling this booking at CP for a more centrally located hotel.. Not sure what to expect since it's my first trip to VNO.
There are two Radissons in Vilnius. The Radisson Blu Astorija is in the Old Town area, and the Ridisson Blu Hotel Leituva is a high-rise near the river. I have not stayed at either, but know people who have. Both seem nice hotels, but in difference areas so depends where you want to be. I am told the cocktail bar on the top floor of the Leituva is very good and looks like it would have excellent views.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:02 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Anyone have advice on getting to the CP from the airport?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:57 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Amb, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by travelisfree
Taxi will cost you 10-15€ or you can take a bus 3G for 3.5Lt (1€), get off from the bus on the fifth stop (Chiurlionio), turn left and walk ~1km to CP.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by Uglook
Taxi will cost you 10-15€ or you can take a bus 3G for 3.5Lt (1€), get off from the bus on the fifth stop (Chiurlionio), turn left and walk ~1km to CP.
Big thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:01 pm

How much was Taxi from Airport?

Originally Posted by travelisfree
We were there last weekend.The Hotel Front Office Manager advised us to get Taxi 1450(Number above Cab).
We got to Hotel...25 Lits(7 Euros).
Had a very pleasant stay.
Nice room.
Good service.
Happy Days.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: A3*G, OW Sapphire, IHG Diamond Amb
Great tip, thanks! I am taking that same cab to the hotel then when I arrive next Saturday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.