Crowne Plaza - Vilnius Lithuania

Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:55 am

Programs: UA1P, SK S, BA B, SPG G, Hyatt G, HH G, HM Revenue & Customs Lifetime MilkCow Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Thank you! and thanks for the warning about Kaunas. If this were the BA Forum I'd tell you about the Fairy on the plane home. Yes, I mean with a tuile frock wings and a wand - and what some very naughty Club passenger said to him!
Can I hope that it will still find its way on BAEC forum? Should I visit it more often than I do now?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 8:30 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Andrius
Can I hope that it will still find its way on BAEC forum? Should I visit it more often than I do now?
Well - stranger things have been known! Yes, do visit more often we usually talk about anything rather than the subject in hand, but we do have fun. Your knowledge of Vilnius would be most usefull - quite a few of the boys and girls have been there of late.

PG
Old Jul 16, 2005, 4:43 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Currently staying at the CP Vilnius... well, I have to say that while the hotel is quite modern and the rooms are quite nice (especially the corner room I got), the service level is really low...

They have papers in the room promoting Priority Club.. and put formulas to join everywhere and have a paper in the room folder saying that PC members (even base members) get priority check-in, welcome drinks, 15 % discount in all restaurants/bars of the hotel and late checkout...

When I checked in, I handed my PC Gold card over, but they just didn't care... I had to fill in the number manually in the check in formula and thats all. No vouchers for welcome drinks or anything else. Finally, I wanted to stay one more night and asked at the counter if I can book a standard room at the ICHG site (as they have a 500 bonus points action for online booking currently), but the girl behind the desk just didn't understand why I wanted to book via ICHG.. and the story with the bonus points... And for the room upgrade (I already stayed 6 nights in a superior (or executive) room at regular rates) she had to ask her boss.. which came talking to me but repeated several times that she "cannot" do it.. Strange! As I listened several times other guests talking about their nice corner rooms they got, very large rooms etc... and that were people from a british travel tour (for sure they didnt pay for superior rooms, but just booked standard rooms). And even the sales manager (or manager on duty) didnt understand that story with the bonus points... And she said they can give me regular points on the stay, but I have to give them my PC card (gave it to them already several times, and apparently it still wasnt in the system).. and she said I still should remind them of the PC card during check out to be safe! Strange!

Another thing I found a little strange, is that the guest surveys in the guest rooms were just the paper copies of the survey, but there were not envelopes provided to put these inside and to post them (usually you can or have to send these to a central address.. and not just hand it over at the desk)... one might think that it's done on purpose here.. not to provide the envelopes for the survey...

Otherwise the hotel is quite ok, they offer free wireless internet in the lobby (but only in the lobby, not from the rooms - other hotels in Vilnius, like the Reval Lietuva - offer it throughout the hotel), the location is nice and quiet and the rooms are really nice (about 40sqm, the superior or executive room). Well, I had booked an executive room and expected to be on the top floors, but just got a room on the 6th floor (6th of 16th) which seemed a bit strange.

Breakfast is served until 10am on weekdays and till 11.30 am on weekends, which is a nice thing (though the breakfast buffet is nothing special). The late night (11pm and after) room service menu contains just 3 items... so not really 24 hrs room service. Service level in the bars and restaurants is sometimes a bit slow and not always really friendly.

I think I will not stay again in this CP property.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Photo review

I've just put up a few photos from my stay at CP Vilnius last weekend. They're on the Short Reports section of my website and the link is here.

Overall I was very pleased with my one night stay. Got a nice upgrade and the room was a very reasonable EUR 61. ^
Old Oct 1, 2006, 5:34 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by PhilH
I've just put up a few photos from my stay at CP Vilnius last weekend. They're on the Short Reports section of my website and the link is here.

Overall I was very pleased with my one night stay. Got a nice upgrade and the room was a very reasonable EUR 61. ^
Great info and photos as ever Phil, ta. ^

But the room (suite, indeed) looks TINY (both bits) - is it, or is that just a bit of an optical illusion ?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Great info and photos as ever Phil, ta. ^

But the room (suite, indeed) looks TINY (both bits) - is it, or is that just a bit of an optical illusion ?
Yes it was quite small - it wasn't two full rooms as some of the suites on the floor were. It was sort of somewhat sandwiched in the space behind the lifts (although no noise in the bedroom I should add). However it was perfect for one night.

I'm sure he won't mind me saying, but I should point out that Steady-EDI also stayed there that weekend and had one of the bigger suites, and he has posted some info on his website too.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:46 am

I posted some pics of a superior room of the CP Vilnius here.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:20 am

Programs: UA1P, SK S, BA B, SPG G, Hyatt G, HH G, HM Revenue & Customs Lifetime MilkCow Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
I posted some pics of a superior room of the CP Vilnius here.
This looks exactly like the room I stayed in... Wasn't yours 1308 by any chance?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Andrius
This looks exactly like the room I stayed in... Wasn't yours 1308 by any chance?
Nope. It was on the 6th floor... (which surprised me a little bit.. as I orginally had an executive room booked which I assumed to be on the top floors).. I think, they have on each floor such corner rooms like that one.

By the way - slightly off topic here :-( -, in case I'd ever go back to Vilnius, I will for sure go for the Reval Lietuva Hotel.. which is - IMHO - far superior to the CP, and offers the better views. I got a deluxe room with private sauna there, great.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Chris26WI
Nope. It was on the 6th floor... (which surprised me a little bit.. as I orginally had an executive room booked which I assumed to be on the top floors).. I think, they have on each floor such corner rooms like that one.

By the way - slightly off topic here :-( -, in case I'd ever go back to Vilnius, I will for sure go for the Reval Lietuva Hotel.. which is - IMHO - far superior to the CP, and offers the better views. I got a deluxe room with private sauna there, great.
Reval Lietuva is not bad at all, but I really do not like the location. I guess it is just my personal problem. It used to be not a very nice area when I was growing up in Vilnius. Shifty types, prostitutes, pickpockets, etc. It has changed since then but I guess perceptions die last.

Crowne Plaza is, conversely, in one of very nice leafy alleys, with an old park nearby. However, service-wise of course Reval Lietuva is head and shoulders above.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:31 pm

Question Anybody recently been to Vilnius?

Me and my wife think about staying in this hotel for a long weekend.
Has anybody stayed there recently? It would be great to have a report from this year. :-)
Thanks for your replies!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 3:03 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
So whats the verdict guys? I 've got best flex bookings at both CP and HI in 2 weekends time.I get the impression the latter is the hotel of choice for the PC cognoscenti? Both rates are pretty similar.Thanks for further opinions...
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:16 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by docklander
So whats the verdict guys? I 've got best flex bookings at both CP and HI in 2 weekends time.I get the impression the latter is the hotel of choice for the PC cognoscenti? Both rates are pretty similar.Thanks for further opinions...

*bump*
Old Dec 2, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
I have only stayed at the HI - mostly because it was much better located to the conference that I was attending. It seemed to be in a better location in general, but take this with a grain of salt - I did not have time to explore the city at all.

The HI is renovated and modern, staff was friendly. Nothing to complain about.

I cannot comment on the CP. At least I saw it along the road coming from the airport .
Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: PC Plat/RA, LH FTL
Originally Posted by docklander
I stayed at the CP last THU and FRI and as PC Plat I was upgrated to a suite. (2 rooms, nice design)
I enjoyed to have late breakfast until 1100 in the morning since my arrival was late.
CP has indoor pool, but I did not visit.
The old city is nearby (to use a taxi).

I would stay at this hotel again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.