Any Experiences at Crowne Plaza Phoenix

Old Nov 12, 04, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum, Delta Platinum
Any Experiences at Crowne Plaza Phoenix

Rate seem very attractive for Crowne.
Old Nov 30, 04, 9:50 pm

Crowne Plaza Phoenix - stay away!

Recently had one of the worst hotel experiences EVER at this property. The property was under construction/remodeling but nothing was said in advance. Hard to find the unlit parking lot entrance; scaffolding, drop clothers, yellow "caution" tape at every turn. Turms out the desingers have sold them on redecorating in (I kid you not) brick red/magenta/and yellow. Looks like this place must have been a Ramada fundome at some time.
Advised staff at check in that I has to depart mid-week, and would return the next night. They could handle that, I was told. (what I would expect for Plat status.) Complementary breakfast and drink coupons.
Given interior King Exec room, about their best, but no window to the outside. Clean, but amenity bag was 1/2 missing.
1st morning: notified the front desk that the hairdryer came apart in my hands exposing wires and heating elements - while the dryer was operating! Promised it would be replaced during the day; it wasn't. The buffet has (only) overcooked powered eggs. Delayed for dinner that evening while the dryer was replaced. Departed for the day as the compressors started in the atrium.
2nd morning: checked out and confirmed that I would be back the next day. Seems I would be checked in continually ansd charged for the absent night to retain my reservation, but there was a detailed note on file and the absent night would be credited when I returned.
Had a great overnight at the Westward Look resort in Tucson.
Next day: arrived back at the CP PHX to be told my reservation was cancelled, but they could offer me a sleeper sofa in a parlor room. It took about an hour for them to change that to a double room -- on the freeway side of the hotel.
3rd morning: the roar from the freeway started about 4:15am . Since there wasn't much sleeping after that and I had presentations to make that day, I went for a good workout. The workout was OK, except that 1/2 of the exercise equipment has probably never been used since the non-standard plugs don't fit the 110 power outlets in the room. So, lots of good looking equipment; only a few pieces actually function. I figure this must help sell group packages, when no one who books the group actually uses the equipment.
Back to the room in sweaty gym clothes: Insert the key and nothing happens. The door lock is broken.. A trip down to the desk resulted in one and then two maintenance staff working over one hour to recharge and then take apart the lock. What happened? Who knows. I did spend an hour waiting in the hall resolving that I would be packed out of this hotel as soon as feasibly possible.
Later that day checked into the Pointe Tapatio Hilton a few miles away; was upgraded to an Ambasador suite looking out over the south valley. It took many of the edges of the CP experience, but mostly made me know that was the last time ever at CP PHX.
BTW: left messages with home and work phone and email for the managers at the CP; two weeks later and I haven't heard anything from them. Guess this wasn't an unusual experience.

drt
Old Dec 1, 04, 1:04 am

While I can't say I had the previous poster's experience I did stay there 2 nights this past summer and it was very run down. They were in the process of remodeling but it just all seemed very old. If theres an HIX or anything else around I would take it instead.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: