Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Performance Cards?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2004, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Platinum Performance Cards?

Every year I receive a set of those cards you can fill out and hand to an employee if they performed well for you. I never think about them and thus never hand them out. Today I saw the receptionist with a bunch of Priority Club recognition flair stuck to her shirt and asked what that was. She got them because of the cards that people turn in.

So my question is do you hand them out and if so for what?
Old May 10, 2004, 9:04 pm

Never received them, never heard of them so I don't know
Old May 11, 2004, 6:11 am

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by aleph08
Never received them, never heard of them so I don't know
ditto
Old May 11, 2004, 6:21 am

I receive them every year. I read somewhere within this board that the person whom you give one to receives some sort of monetary compensation. I received six of them this year. I am saving them for a redemption trip and hopefully when I give them out (if deserved), it will provide even more above and beyond service to my family and I.
John
Old May 11, 2004, 11:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, AA AAirpass, IC Ambassador Platinum, *wood Gold
US Only

I got the cards and with the explination that they can be given only to employees at US ICs.
Old May 11, 2004, 2:58 pm
RCC

I did a posting on this earlier, I think back in Feb., you know I went to a CP in NYC, handed out where I thought they were due, the service level went up from there....Once I got these in to the employees hands, they raised the bar even higher....I was like WOW.....
Old May 16, 2004, 11:30 am

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
I get 'em, too. Employees who go a step extra get one. I hand them out for a variety of reasons, but not just because I got an upgrade. Outstanding service attitude counts most in my book. The last one I gave was because I witnessed a young female desk clerk get totally harassed by a bunch of drunk construction worker guests, and she handled the abuse like a trooper. She even sent me a thank you card afterwards to express how much she appreciated it!
Old May 17, 2004, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
I've beem Plat for a number of years. When I check in, ifthere is no club level, the first thing I do is ask if there is a suite I can be upgraded to as a Plat. Pending on the anwr, I give one out. even if the answer is negative, there are ways the people can respond that will still get one.

Any effort above and beyond earns one. I would say about 25% ofht etime the employee has to be explained what it is.
Old May 17, 2004, 1:37 pm

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by Thumper
I've beem Plat for a number of years. When I check in, ifthere is no club level, the first thing I do is ask if there is a suite I can be upgraded to as a Plat. Pending on the anwr, I give one out. even if the answer is negative, there are ways the people can respond that will still get one.

Any effort above and beyond earns one. I would say about 25% ofht etime the employee has to be explained what it is.
where does a platinum member pick up some of these things? i wouldn't mind giving them out when they are earned.
Old May 17, 2004, 7:59 pm
RCC

Originally Posted by doctall41
where does a platinum member pick up some of these things? i wouldn't mind giving them out when they are earned.

I do not know if you can request them, for me they just show up in the mail (snail mail)
Old May 18, 2004, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by RCC
I do not know if you can request them, for me they just show up in the mail (snail mail)
You can call the Plat number on your card and request them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.