Mr. and Mrs. Smith now bookable on IHG

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 6, 20, 11:01 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Wiki Link
number of smith hotels - city

2 - Florence Italy

The discussion and posts prior to the integration and the hotels being bookable could be found in this thread. This thread is closed.
There is a thread particular in regard to Bali propeties as well; but there is also a general discussion.

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 5, 20, 4:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

small number of properties will be bookable from tomorrow. many more to follow by the end of the month...
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Oct 6, 20, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Anyone want to guess at the redemption rate? 0.5c per point? 0.4c?
Old Oct 6, 20, 9:33 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Gold, VS Silver
For random dates:

Cambria Beach Lodge Morro Bay California I'm seeing $224 or 40,000 points
Ad Astra Florence - 129 or 25,000 points
Villa Cora Florence - 324.50 or 67,500 points
Old Oct 6, 20, 11:07 am

Is there a list of properties somewhere?
Old Oct 6, 20, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
There is one in Amersham UK too.

Redemption rate is roughly as expected - around 0.5 cents, perhaps a little better - although clearly not uniform looking at the above.
Old Oct 6, 20, 12:19 pm
Community Director

Will we be able to use our credit card free nights at these properties? I believe that the credit card nights are capped at a 40K value and the Cambria property is interesting to me.
Old Oct 6, 20, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Will we be able to use our credit card free nights at these properties? I believe that the credit card nights are capped at a 40K value and the Cambria property is interesting to me.
Sadly the credit card free night certs cannot be used at Mr & Mrs Smith properties, according to IHG.
I just tried some mock bookings at the properties above with my Chase free night cert, and the cert was indeed not usable.
Old Oct 6, 20, 6:24 pm
Community Director

Thanks, @agjil, not what I wanted to hear but now I know.
Old Oct 6, 20, 7:32 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Are you folks able to see the cash and award rates on the IHG site? I am still not seeing any date available on any of the Mr&Mrs Smith in the few properties mentioned.
Old Oct 7, 20, 5:43 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Adjusted the thread title to reflect that the hotels are finally bookable. Also added a wikipost with links to other threads. And also moved a couple of older posts

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
funkydrummer likes this.
Old Oct 7, 20, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some of us dont care about redeeming, but earning (for miles) at expensive properties, and smith did offer 3% cashback to paid members

so ihg does not have a hotel map, right? odd that hotel companies got rid of them.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...ers/mrmrssmith
Caldera House, Jackson Hole [teton village] United States
An inch-perfect ski hotel that channels Sixties glamour
from USD $2K per night, as only has four 2BR and four 4BR
it is not showing up on IHG web reservations right now

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...care/member-tc
Point requirements are valid for IHG branded hotels worldwide, except IHG Army Hotels and select Mr & Mrs Smith hotels.

Members may not be able to redeem Points for Reward Nights at InterContinental Residences, IHG Army Hotels and select Mr & Mrs Smith hotels.

At Mr & Mrs Smith hotels members must cancel their Reward Night reservation 30 days prior to the day of check-in for the points to be re-deposited into their IHG Rewards Club account.

Except at Mr & Mrs Smith hotels, Members who do not cancel their Reward Night reservation by the hotel’s cancellation deadline and do not use their reservation (no-show) are still subject to a no-show charge for the first night of the reservation, plus tax, per room, billed to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation upon booking. At Mr & Mrs Smith hotels, the Reward Night points will be forfeited for all reservations that are cancelled within 30 days of arrival.
would be safe to assume / plan / factor that one could be billed by an expensive smith hotel for no show, rather than assuming that one will / can not be billed for no show. (seem to recall starwood/marriott horror stories for most expensive hotels in most expensive seasons/dates.)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 7, 20 at 8:07 am
Old Oct 7, 20, 4:20 pm

not showing any availability at Florence properties for 1, 2 7 night stays. davidw, did you book them all?
Old Oct 8, 20, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

clearly it was showing, as it was quoted above, and i think i recall seeing what was quoted

now when i clicked the calendar, shows nothing
odd florence used to show 3 IHG and 2 smith, now just 2 smith?

they would not limit cash inventory would they?
even if award inventory was limited and sold out fast

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 8, 20 at 9:08 am
Old Oct 8, 20, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Seems like many of the ski properties out west in the US are not bookable including the following areas:

Park City
Vail
Aspen
Telluride
Crested Butte
Old Oct 8, 20, 12:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yoketone View Post
not showing any availability at Florence properties for 1, 2 7 night stays. davidw, did you book them all?
I had a quirk the other day that availability showed up only when logged into my IHG account. But just did a test, I can find availability for the two Mr & Mrs Smith properties in Florence, Italy even when logged out.

Last edited by funkydrummer; Oct 8, 20 at 1:00 pm Reason: ninja-edit

Search this Thread
Search Engine: