FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Mr. and Mrs. Smith bookable via IHG / no longer bookable (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2025535-mr-mrs-smith-bookable-via-ihg-no-longer-bookable.html)

flyertalker28120 Oct 5, 2020 3:01 pm

Mr. and Mrs. Smith bookable via IHG / no longer bookable

small number of properties will be bookable from tomorrow. many more to follow by the end of the month...

Raffles Oct 6, 2020 1:21 am

Anyone want to guess at the redemption rate? 0.5c per point? 0.4c?

davidw70 Oct 6, 2020 8:33 am

For random dates:

Cambria Beach Lodge Morro Bay California I'm seeing $224 or 40,000 points
Ad Astra Florence - €129 or 25,000 points
Villa Cora Florence - €324.50 or 67,500 points

AndyKehn Oct 6, 2020 10:07 am

Is there a list of properties somewhere?

Raffles Oct 6, 2020 10:18 am

There is one in Amersham UK too.

Redemption rate is roughly as expected - around 0.5 cents, perhaps a little better - although clearly not uniform looking at the above.

SanDiego1K Oct 6, 2020 11:19 am

Will we be able to use our credit card free nights at these properties? I believe that the credit card nights are capped at a 40K value and the Cambria property is interesting to me.

agjil Oct 6, 2020 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 32727029)
Will we be able to use our credit card free nights at these properties? I believe that the credit card nights are capped at a 40K value and the Cambria property is interesting to me.

Sadly the credit card free night certs cannot be used at Mr & Mrs Smith properties, according to IHG.
I just tried some mock bookings at the properties above with my Chase free night cert, and the cert was indeed not usable.

SanDiego1K Oct 6, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks, @agjil, not what I wanted to hear but now I know.

happychic Oct 6, 2020 6:32 pm

Are you folks able to see the cash and award rates on the IHG site? I am still not seeing any date available on any of the Mr&Mrs Smith in the few properties mentioned.

FLYGVA Oct 7, 2020 4:43 am

Adjusted the thread title to reflect that the hotels are finally bookable. Also added a wikipost with links to other threads. And also moved a couple of older posts

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Kagehitokiri Oct 7, 2020 6:26 am

some of us dont care about redeeming, but earning (for miles) at expensive properties, and smith did offer 3% cashback to paid members

so ihg does not have a hotel map, right? odd that hotel companies got rid of them.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...ers/mrmrssmith

Caldera House, Jackson Hole [teton village] United States
An inch-perfect ski hotel that channels Sixties glamour
from USD $2K per night, as only has four 2BR and four 4BR
it is not showing up on IHG web reservations right now

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...care/member-tc

Point requirements are valid for IHG branded hotels worldwide, except IHG Army Hotels and select Mr & Mrs Smith hotels.

Members may not be able to redeem Points for Reward Nights at InterContinental Residences, IHG Army Hotels and select Mr & Mrs Smith hotels.

At Mr & Mrs Smith hotels members must cancel their Reward Night reservation 30 days prior to the day of check-in for the points to be re-deposited into their IHG Rewards Club account.

Except at Mr & Mrs Smith hotels, Members who do not cancel their Reward Night reservation by the hotel’s cancellation deadline and do not use their reservation (no-show) are still subject to a no-show charge for the first night of the reservation, plus tax, per room, billed to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation upon booking. At Mr & Mrs Smith hotels, the Reward Night points will be forfeited for all reservations that are cancelled within 30 days of arrival.
would be safe to assume / plan / factor that one could be billed by an expensive smith hotel for no show, rather than assuming that one will / can not be billed for no show. (seem to recall starwood/marriott horror stories for most expensive hotels in most expensive seasons/dates.)

yoketone Oct 7, 2020 3:20 pm

not showing any availability at Florence properties for 1, 2 7 night stays. davidw, did you book them all?

Kagehitokiri Oct 8, 2020 8:02 am

clearly it was showing, as it was quoted above, and i think i recall seeing what was quoted

now when i clicked the calendar, shows nothing
odd florence used to show 3 IHG and 2 smith, now just 2 smith?

they would not limit cash inventory would they?
even if award inventory was limited and sold out fast

mnredfox Oct 8, 2020 11:06 am

Seems like many of the ski properties out west in the US are not bookable including the following areas:

Park City
Vail
Aspen
Telluride
Crested Butte

flyertalker28120 Oct 8, 2020 11:57 am

Originally Posted by yoketone (Post 32730317)
not showing any availability at Florence properties for 1, 2 7 night stays. davidw, did you book them all?

I had a quirk the other day that availability showed up only when logged into my IHG account. But just did a test, I can find availability for the two Mr & Mrs Smith properties in Florence, Italy even when logged out.