Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 2:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Holiday Inn Johnstown-Downtown

Stay Report - 9/19 to 9/20

Location: The hotel is located in Downtown Johnstown on the corner of Market and Vine. All the downtown attractions: The Incline Plain, the baseball park, the War Memorial Arena, restaurants and bars etc. are an easy walk from the hotel. JST Airport is about 11 minutes away and the hotel's proximity to PA 56 makes it easy to get to US 219 which takes you towards Pittsburgh.

Hotel: The hotel is an aging downtown property though that makes it fit in with Johnstown as a whole. That said it is in a good state of repair inside though obviously it feels a little dated. There's a surface lot around the hotel and they're charging all of $5 to park overnight but there's also ample street parking and garage parking especially on weekends. There's a bar and restaurant still open in the lobby as well as event space. Thankfully there were no elevator waits when I was there.

Check In: I was staying with my brother who's IHG Platinum. The hotel had the names of all elites checking in on the board including his. We were checked in by a friendly and helpful agent and his welcome amenity points posted.

Room: About what you'd expect. Two comfortable beds with outlets next to them, decent sized TV, microwave and fridge and a small sitting area. The bathroom was definitely on the small size but the shower got hot and the water pressure was good. Soundproofing is an issue, you can hear every word said next door, and the Wifi was spotty.

Overall if you have to be downtown this hotel works fine. It's also a good deal on points especially on weekends. I had a good stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.