Chase Anniversary Night

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 18, 20, 3:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: username
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 21, 20, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Chase Anniversary Night

I doubt that I can convince my wife to travel this calendar year given the current situation. We each have Chase Anniversary Certificates expiring December 31, 2020. Does anyone know if we can turn these unused certificates into points? We had no problem at all doing this with Hyatt.
Old Jul 22, 20, 7:50 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Member
Originally Posted by elcraig View Post
I doubt that I can convince my wife to travel this calendar year given the current situation. We each have Chase Anniversary Certificates expiring December 31, 2020. Does anyone know if we can turn these unused certificates into points? We had no problem at all doing this with Hyatt.
Since you decided to mention 'the current situation', let me ask you why you do not see this as an opportunity to travel. IHG hotels (using points) are extremely cheap nowadays. We scheduled 18 nights total for August (Yellowstone, SLC, Las Vegas, Colorado), just on points, and still see more great deals which we are unable to use (eg, Cody, Wy). Total for 18 nights (using 4x4 nights and credit card which gives 4th night free, we would spend approx. 275k points which is less than $1,500). I understand COVID, but since many people travel their own way (not too much contact with others), this year is really great opportunity. Had not been borders closed, we would spend 2 weeks in Banff NP (Canada).

Just to add to the merit of the question: they extended Chase Anniversary Nights, and rather doubly would exchange for points.
52pickup likes this.
Old Jul 26, 20, 9:25 am

Programs: DL Silver/MM, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
We each have Chase Anniversary Certificates expiring December 31, 2020. Does anyone know if we can turn these unused certificates into points? We had no problem at all doing this with Hyatt.
I would like to convert my Hyatt free night to points. Do I call Chase or Hyatt?
Old Aug 3, 20, 12:23 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Richard1148 View Post
I would like to convert my Hyatt free night to points. Do I call Chase or Hyatt?
Me thinks, you should ask this in the Hyatt Forum ...
ithinkurdumb and sdsearch like this.
Old Aug 19, 20, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

"...let me ask you why you do not see this as an opportunity to travel. IHG hotels (using points) are extremely cheap nowadays"

I think the fact that there are extreme travel bargains out there right now is really not a consideration for us as senior citizens; the risk is just too high to enjoy the satisfaction of a bargain that may come back to haunt us. My mind could be changed, perhaps, if I saw evidence or testimony of uniformly-enforced protocols across the brands for cleanliness--I have seen no such evidence.

Last edited by elcraig; Aug 19, 20 at 12:07 pm
Old Aug 19, 20, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"...let me ask you why you do not see this as an opportunity to travel. IHG hotels (using points) are extremely cheap nowadays"

I think the fact that there are extreme travel bargains out there right now is really not a consideration for us as senior citizens; the risk is just too high to enjoy the satisfaction of a bargain that may come back to haunt us. My mind could be changed, perhaps, if I saw evidence or testimony of uniformly-enforced protocols across the brands for cleanliness--I have seen no such evidence.
Well, you can still hope that IHG will do something. Radisson Rewards only today extended their certificates through the middle of next year. They sent out an email this morning which said (among other things):

e-Cert extension:
e-Certs earned using the Radisson Rewards Visaź Card, that were scheduled to expire between March 1 and July 31, 2020, can be redeemed through June 30, 2021.

So while there's no guarantee that IHG will extend them into next year, there's no guarantee either that they won't, just because they haven't yet.
Old Aug 21, 20, 1:45 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Hi I have a night seemingly to expire 12/31/2020... anybody has an idea that if I check in 12/31/2020, check out 1/1/2021, will this night be okay for the Chase certificate redemption?

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 20, 8:48 pm

Anyone had any luck with getting an extension beyond 12/31? I mean, I can use mine if I have to, it's just not going to be for the redemption I want. It seems like IHG isn't going to extend it at this point, but curious if anyone has had any luck.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 6, 20, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Hyatt today announced they're extending expiring certificates another year. Really hoping others (and IHG) follow suit.

I've got two expiring that between Covid and hurricanes, I'm really unsure if I'll be able to use.
Old Oct 17, 20, 9:25 am

It is also incredibly hard to find availability in anything other than HIX. Most
Old Oct 18, 20, 11:14 pm

There is an existing thread on this: Coronavirus: Extension of Annual Free Night from IHG Rewards Club Visa / Mastercard - I notified Forum Moderator(s) to merge a few days ago but it has not happened.
Old Oct 19, 20, 8:35 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by zxrst View Post
It is also incredibly hard to find availability in anything other than HIX. Most
The options are ridiculous. I have been looking for a room in Chicago, and all the downtown properties are available using points but not with the free night cert. And that is for now thru the end of the year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: