Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track to Platinum (5 nights)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Fast Track to Platinum (5 nights)

Saw this under Available Offers:
  • Stay 5 nights within 90 days of registration to earn Platinum Elite status until December 2021
  • Stay 2 nights within 90 days of registration to earn Gold Elite status until December 2021
Register between July 7 and December 31, 2020

Link: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...racktoplatinum

Fine print says "The Fast Track to IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite offer (“Offer”) for IHG Hotels & Resorts allows all full-time employees of an Eligible Company...An Eligible Company is defined as a company that is specifically selected to participate in this promotion." But seems to be available to all to at least register.

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; Jul 9, 2020 at 7:47 am
Old Jul 9, 2020, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
But seems to be available to all to at least register.
If you have the promotion code...
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:09 pm

A faster track would be to apply for Chase IHG credit card.. 😄
ithinkurdumb likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you have the promotion code...
Promo code should be filled automatically. This is where mine showed up: Offers > Under Reach Elite status Faster > click Register now.

Last edited by ithinkurdumb; Jul 11, 2020 at 1:22 am
Old Jul 10, 2020, 2:58 pm

The (not so fine) print also says: "Six Continents Hotels, Inc.(SCH) and its subsidiaries and affiliates which are InterContinental Hotels Group companies (collectively IHG) reserve the right to cancel any IHG Rewards Club membership and revoke any and all unredeemed IHG Rewards Club points for fraud or abuse of any portion of the program per the IHG Rewards Club membership terms and conditions."

For people who may discover this thread from a internet search engine:
Using a random promo code on a targeted offer like this is fraud. It's not fraud that will ever be prosecuted. It may not even be fraud that the company will catch. But, it is still fraud.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
The (not so fine) print also says: "Six Continents Hotels, Inc.(SCH) and its subsidiaries and affiliates which are InterContinental Hotels Group companies (collectively IHG) reserve the right to cancel any IHG Rewards Club membership and revoke any and all unredeemed IHG Rewards Club points for fraud or abuse of any portion of the program per the IHG Rewards Club membership terms and conditions."

For people who may discover this thread from a internet search engine:
Using a random promo code on a targeted offer like this is fraud. It's not fraud that will ever be prosecuted. It may not even be fraud that the company will catch. But, it is still fraud.
Considering that the offer is in my "Offers" section, I don't work for any Eligible Company, and FWIW I'm already Platinum, this is hardly the most highly targeted of offers... and IHG is hardly going to complain about 5 nights of hotel revenue during COVID for a status that they will sell you for $200.

But yes, if you have other misbehaviours this might be another excuse for IHG to get rid of a travel hacker or two...
est-gratuite and ithinkurdumb like this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Weak offer. If you stay at IHG enough to care about being Platinum Elite, you should have one of their CCs, which gives it to you.

Needs a Spire fast track
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
...and IHG is hardly going to complain about 5 nights of hotel revenue during COVID for a status that they will sell you for $200.
I disagree. If they are so desperate for 5 nights of room revenue, they would have made this offer available to everyone. Or, they would have created a short-term offer (Buy X, Get Y) that doesn't obligate the IHG to provide elite-level benefits through the end of 2021.

These types of promotions are about influencing companies to push hundreds or thousands of room nights to a specific hotel group. They aren't about picking up 5 room nights from individual travelers.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: M&M, BA EC, Delta, Hilton, Accor, IHG
IHG fast track to Platinum - information-light...

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Weak offer. If you stay at IHG enough to care about being Platinum Elite, you should have one of their CCs, which gives it to you.
Problem is that their CCs are not available in all countries and regions.

I'm interested and would definitely stay enough nights with a corporate IHG code. Major US multinational employer and an identical offer was promoted by our travel desk last year. Problem being that in the meantime our travel partner has changed and it's difficult getting information from the new one on whether we're included this time round.

Back and forth with IHG all week. Even providing a corporate code, IHG are incapable of telling me whether my employer is included. They've said that to be sure I should use the link in the invitation provided to my employer (as mentioned, not proving simple). They're also asked me to provide the same info more than once in the same mail chain. So basically, I register and MIGHT qualify, but won't find out until I've stayed if eligible. OR I give the same nights to Hilton, who have properties in the same areas, where I know exactly what the stays are counting towards.

As communications and promotions go, this is poorly managed by IHG.I suspect most people would see the offer in their console and on the app and take it at face value, then be disappointed and fairly irritated after discovering that their several nights counted for nothing but points.
yscleo likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Just popped up in my offers (sometime in the past week or 2), and I'll be able to take advantage.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I took advantage. Stayed 7 nights in Prague and moved up to Plat from Gold. Now I need a fast track to Spire
Old Aug 13, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Had a night in HI Fareham at the weekend with HI Express in Heathrow next weekend and a few nights at HI express in Gibraltar already booked gets me from Club to Plat
Old Aug 31, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Just to update, a soon as my fifth night posted, my account was elevated to Platinum.
richardhall99 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 5:10 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
Originally Posted by MarkCron
Just to update, a soon as my fifth night posted, my account was elevated to Platinum.
A week after finishing my fifth night, and I've still not been elevated I have emailed...
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Choice Diamond
This promo is actually more of a fast-track to Spire than anything else. You could be Platinum more cheaply with the click of a button - by getting the Chase card or purchasing Ambassador for $200 - so it's not really about fast-tracking you to platinum.

Grinding out the 5 night platinum promo puts you in striking distance of Spire. During 2021 IHG might continue to relax Spire requirements or offer supporting deals to reach it quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.