Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Whether Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Liushan Hotel participate in IHG points exchange

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No news yet. I'm sure when it's publicly announced you will see all the bloggers announce like echoing press releases.

To date, only the 2 six senses property in downtown Singapore are redeemable for points. But heard they were previously scheduled as Tribute portfolios brand with SPG, but after failed negotiations with the Marriott merger, they aligned with IHG and folded them as carried the six senses branding flag. So they are not true six senses properties.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
No news yet. I'm sure when it's publicly announced you will see all the bloggers announce like echoing press releases.

To date, only the 2 six senses property in downtown Singapore are redeemable for points. But heard they were previously scheduled as Tribute portfolios brand with SPG, but after failed negotiations with the Marriott merger, they aligned with IHG and folded them as carried the six senses branding flag. So they are not true six senses properties.
Six senses Istanbul is available too.
bluestrudels likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 8:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Six senses Istanbul is available too.
It seems like a slow roll out..
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
The Library Koh Samui shows up on IHG / Mr & Mrs Smith .... even though it still is bookable on Marriott's site.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 1:36 am

According to the hotline end of March all partnering hotels should be available for booking. Not sure how trustworthy that information is. Does anybody have additional insights?
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by hayek
According to the hotline end of March all partnering hotels should be available for booking. Not sure how trustworthy that information is. Does anybody have additional insights?
My additional insight is that they haven't met their deadline.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hayek
Originally Posted by FlyingMoonwards
My additional insight is that they haven't met their deadline.
My additional, additional insight is that they have more pressing matters on their hands at this time.

But seriously, I'm also loosely monitoring when these become available for booking--I've got a late fall trip to NZ which I'll hopefully be able to take, and seems like they've got some nice Mr & Mrs Smith properties down there.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 7:18 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Some Mr&MrsSmith properties will be:
(1) bookable on IHG and are at the same time bookable on Marriott.com (Design Hotels) or SLH/Hyatt.com
whereas others will be:
(2) IHG only, without duplication to Marriott/SLH/Hyatt

Mods, should reviews of Mr&MrsSmith properties for (2) above be posted in the IHG thread, similar to SLH hotel reviews which are posted in the Hyatt thread? Or should Mr&MrsSmith properties for (2) be reviewed in the general hotel reviews thread?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 1:11 pm

I'm keeping an eye on this too. Unexpectedly staying in New Zealand for a few months due to the coronavirus situation. I'd sure love the opportunity to use my boatload of IHG points at a Mr. and Mrs. Smith hotel here once Level 3 lockdown ends. And given the current tourism situation here, I'm pretty sure the lodges would be happy to get the booking!
Old Jun 14, 2020, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Interested in using IHG anniversary nights to book the Mr. and Mrs. Smith in Cambria, CA this summer, still showing as "Coming Soon"; any insights?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: all hotel

IHG is becoming more and more powerful. Can the new Smiths Hotel and Liushan participate in the membership program?
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:41 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm wondering about this as well. I just stumbled on a Mr and Mrs Smith in Cambria, California, that looks intriguing. I found it on the IHG website as "coming soon". Will we be able to book with points? If so, when?
Old Jun 27, 2020, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Will we be able to book with points? If so, when?
I think the answer to the first question is YES, and for the second question I suspect we'll remain in the dark due to covid if they judge this is not a high priority.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Also wondering what the price differential if booked through IHG vs. direct.

Seems like better prices now booking at the hotel website (Cambria Beach Lodge) than at Mr. and Mrs Smith site (at least for California residents).
Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Also wondering what the price differential if booked through IHG vs. direct.

Seems like better prices now booking at the hotel website (Cambria Beach Lodge) than at Mr. and Mrs Smith site (at least for California residents).
Hyatt > SLH >= Direct
I suspect IHG will be the same but it would be nice if it's not the case

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.