FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IHG Luxury & Lifestyle Collection program updated (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2019746-ihg-luxury-lifestyle-collection-program-updated.html)

VinceTravel Jun 15, 2020 2:19 pm

IHG Luxury & Lifestyle Collection program updated

IHG has updated their preferred travel agent program called IHG Luxury & Lifestyle and got rid of the 2-night minimum requirement. The rate is based on the 'best available rate' and can only be booked through a participating travel advisor

The new 'Luxury Collection' includes select InterContinental, Regent and Kimpton hotels (mainly non-US with some exceptions) and offers:
  • $100 worth of hotel services (to be determinded by the hotel)
  • Breakfast for 2 in the hotel restaurant daily
  • Guaranteed 2pm late check-out
  • Upgrade to next category upon arrival, if available
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi for unlimited number of devices
  • Handwritten, personalised welcome card
  • Bottled water, fresh fruit / snacks in room upon arrival
  • Turn down service
  • VIP status
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...05caa31ed8.jpg
Hotel participating in the Luxury Collection

The new 'Lifestyle collection' includes select Kimpton hotels (US only) and Indigo hotels worldwide. The benefits are:
  • $50 worth of hotel services (to be determinded by the hotel)
  • Turn down service
  • VIP status
  • 2pm late check-out, if available

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6c0fc716b6.jpg
Hotels participating in the Lifestyle Collection

Here are 2 articles about it:

QX Travel - New Luxury and Lifestyle Collection programs for 150 IHG hotels

Head for Points - What are the IHG Luxury Collection benefits

jamesqiao Jun 16, 2020 2:04 am

It's kind of like American Express

VinceTravel Jun 16, 2020 2:06 am

Originally Posted by jamesqiao (Post 32459994)
It's kind of like American Express

Yes, exactly. But it is available for a lot more IHG hotels than AMEX

janwillem Jun 16, 2020 3:54 am

I used that program for a stay at IC Downtown LA some months ago. Was very happy with it. They also waived the destination fee. Good news that IHG now offers it for 1 night stays as well.

UKtravelbear Jun 16, 2020 4:10 am

Thanks for ths. I'd seen the Luxury list of benefits before but not the Lifestyle list.

No definition of what 'VIP Status' is though?

VinceTravel Jun 16, 2020 4:22 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 32460128)
Thanks for ths. I'd see the Luxury list of benefits but not the Lifestyle list.

No definition of what 'VIP Status' is though?

Hey, the benefits of Lifestyle collection should be in the original post. Otherwise, here it is:

The new Lifestyle collection includes select Kimpton hotels (US only) and Indigo hotels worldwide. The benefits are:
  • $50 vale hotel amenity (determined by the hotel)
  • Turn down service
  • VIP status
  • 2pm late check-out, if available

There is no exact definition for the 'VIP status', but the hotel staff is made aware of IHG Luxury & Lifestyle guests.

UKtravelbear Jun 16, 2020 5:45 am

Yes I saw the benefits but was asking what specifically 'VIP status' meant.

I also mangled my post as even I found it confusing!

I have a couple of Luxuty bookings at Europenan Kimtons and they both say it is a 'IHG LUXLIFE' booking rate and they also know I'm Spire for example.

VinceTravel Jun 16, 2020 5:57 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 32460267)
Yes I saw the benefits but was asking what specifically 'VIP status' meant.

I also mangled my post as even I found it confusing!

I have a couple of Luxuty bookings at Europenan Kimtons and they both say it is a 'IHG LUXLIFE' booking rate and they also know I'm Spire for example.

Sorry, I misunderstood that.

There is no exact definition of the 'VIP status', the hotel team is made aware of your arrival and that you booked the 'IHG LUXLIFE' rate, but this is of cause open to interpretation.
If you have special requests they should make sure to accommodate them, such as priority early check-in and late check-out. In addition, should there be any issues during your stay your travel agent has a direct contact at the hotel to help.

Which Kimpton's are you currently looking at?

VinceTravel Jun 17, 2020 12:28 am

Here are 2 articles about it:

QX Travel - New Luxury and Lifestyle Collection programs for 150 IHG hotels

Head for Points - What are the IHG Luxury Collection benefits

pbd456 Jun 17, 2020 9:22 pm

is there any online booking engine for it?

VinceTravel Jun 17, 2020 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 32465449)
is there any online booking engine for it?

No, it can only be booking through a participating travel agent.
The price is always based on the 'best available rate' (flexible rate), so you can easily do the research yourself and then reach out to an agent to speed up the process.

pbd456 Jun 18, 2020 12:32 am

Originally Posted by VinceTravel (Post 32465668)
No, it can only be booking through a participating travel agent.
The price is always based on the 'best available rate' (flexible rate), so you can easily do the research yourself and then reach out to an agent to speed up the process.

One night in some IC is not expensive like 150 USD. Would agent be willing to book it?

Does the benefits stack with ambassador?

VinceTravel Jun 18, 2020 12:37 am

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 32465711)
One night in some IC is not expensive like 150 USD. Would agent be willing to book it?

Hey, absolutely. Most agents (like me) don't ask for a fee and do any kind of booking.
The benefits work with the IHG Rewards Club and the Ambassador benefits.

bcosinteno Jun 18, 2020 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 32465711)

We just booked ourselves one night at Kimpton to try out the updated program and received all of the benefits on the one night stay. And yes, they stacked with our Ambassador benefits.

UKtravelbear Jun 18, 2020 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by VinceTravel (Post 32460293)
Sorry, I misunderstood that.

There is no exact definition of the 'VIP status', the hotel team is made aware of your arrival and that you booked the 'IHG LUXLIFE' rate, but this is of cause open to interpretation.
If you have special requests they should make sure to accommodate them, such as priority early check-in and late check-out. In addition, should there be any issues during your stay your travel agent has a direct contact at the hotel to help.

Which Kimpton's are you currently looking at?

No worries.

Kimpton Dw Witt in Amsterdam. I've stayed there before at all levels of IHG - none, gold, plat, spire but this is my first using these particular rates. I normally just go for the cheapest but for my two stays the BAR was only €20 more than the cheapest and the 4 days breakfast and $100 credit more than cover than