IHG Luxury & Lifestyle Collection program updated

Old Jun 18, 20, 11:56 pm

Programs: LH SEN|-IHG spire/RA -- Azurite collector +
Looks interesting for non-RA!

Curious about the $50 credit, as it is free for ..... decided by hotel.
How would they convert it into local currency and calculate with/out taxes surcharges
Old Jun 19, 20, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Prive, Marriott Stars & Luminous, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Sofitel STEP, Hilton
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
No worries.

Kimpton Dw Witt in Amsterdam. I've stayed there before at all levels of IHG - none, gold, plat, spire but this is my first using these particular rates. I normally just go for the cheapest but for my two stays the BAR was only €20 more than the cheapest and the 4 days breakfast and $100 credit more than cover than
Nice, it is a great hotel. I hope you have a great stay.
I agree, the breakfast can be a huge benefit, just like with Marriott Stars at the Ritz-Carlton.

Please be aware that the '$100 credit' is officially worded as '$100 value-added amenity' which means the hotel can decide how to use this for your stay. Some give a $100 credit for the spa or restaurant, while others tie it to something like a massage for 2 or a lunch. In my notes from IHG it says 'local welcome amenity' for De Witt so it might be worth for you to check back with your travel advisor in order to avoid 'dissatisfaction'. That being said, maybe the hotel changed it to a $100 hotel credit now.

Last edited by VinceTravel; Jun 19, 20 at 12:54 am
Old Jun 19, 20, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Hyatt Prive, Marriott Stars & Luminous, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Sofitel STEP, Hilton
Originally Posted by HadesNL View Post
Looks interesting for non-RA!

Curious about the $50 credit, as it is free for ..... decided by hotel.
How would they convert it into local currency and calculate with/out taxes surcharges

Hi, yes, each hotel can decide how to 'use' the $50 value for your stay. Some hotels offer breakfast, some offer a welcome drink, welcome amenity, mini-bar credit, spa credit, restaurant credit, .... So it is not quite as clear cut as some of the other programs (Hilton Impresario, Marriott Stars, Hyatt Prive, ...).
If the hotel gives you a 'simple' $50 credit for your incidentals, they will convert that into the local currency, either with a set exchange rate or with the current daily exchange rate.

It's best to let a travel advisor (like me) research all of that for you and send it to you ahead of your stay.
Old Jun 19, 20, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
Originally Posted by VinceTravel View Post
Nice, it is a great hotel. I hope you have a great stay.
I agree, the breakfast can be a huge benefit, just like with Marriott Stars at the Ritz-Carlton.

Please be aware that the '$100 credit' is officially worded as '$100 value-added amenity' which means the hotel can decide how to use this for your stay. Some give a $100 credit for the spa or restaurant, while others tie it to something like a massage for 2 or a lunch. In my notes from IHG it says 'local welcome amenity' for De Witt so it might be worth for you to check back with your travel advisor in order to avoid 'dissatisfaction'. That being said, maybe the hotel changed it to a $100 hotel credit now.
Thanks. Yes it is a great hotel for where I need to be when I'm in Amsterdam and the staff are lovely as well.

I just assumed it was a food and drink offer as they don't have a spa.

I need to contact my advisor about some other bookings so I'll double check when I do that
Old Jun 21, 20, 8:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Go Fish
So trip to Berlin 7-8 July. Sounds like 130euro room will get us 2xbreakfast and 100usd dining credit? too good to be true I am just sending a request to my TA to confirm.
Old Jun 21, 20, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
So trip to Berlin 7-8 July. Sounds like 130euro room will get us 2xbreakfast and 100usd dining credit? too good to be true I am just sending a request to my TA to confirm.
Yes, that price is correct. You're TA will confirm
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 20, 2:37 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Is it possible to book 5000 points bonus package with the program?
Old Jul 28, 20, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbd456 View Post
Is it possible to book 5000 points bonus package with the program?
Unfortunately, the benefits only work with the 'flexible rate' / 'BAR rate' and not with the 5000 points bonus package or any other special rate.
Old Aug 1, 20, 9:10 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
There is a current promotion to sign up Ambassador, and then 1 night stay can then obtain a free night up to 40000 points.

For the 1 night stay, I am thinking to do Intercontinental in Shenzhen.

Since there is 1 free breakfast from Ambassador, how does it stack with the breakfast for 2?
what type of amenity at that particular intercon?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: