Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn BWI Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2020, 9:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Holiday Inn BWI Airport

Stay Report - 6/8 to 6/9

Location: The hotel is located on Nursery Road along with a number of other BWI Airport hotels (it's across from the Marriott and Country Inn and a block from the Hilton). It's about a 5 minute ride to BWI itself and nearby are a number of restaurants ranging from fast food to sit down places. It's a safe area and you can walk to the surrounding area easily.

Hotel: The hotel is a typically suburban/airport style property. Its parking lot is a little small and I imagine during normal operations it can be hard to find a spot. There's a small restaurant which is currently closed though they're doing limited dinner and breakfast services, as well as a small pantry. The pool and fitness center are currently closed. Masks are required in all common areas.

Check In: The agent was very friendly and made sure I got my welcome amenity points and thanked me for being Spire. When I asked to charge a soda to the room she said it was free as I was Spire. That was a nice touch.

Room: Perfectly fine with everything I needed. The small living room area was a nice touch, there was a comfortable bed with outlets next to it, a desk, a large TV and a large bathroom with a good shower.

I paid $89 for the hotel and it was a perfectly acceptable airport hotel. I'd gladly come back.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
My previous experience is that this hotel is much better than the HIX BWI, having stayed in both a couple of times.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
My previous experience is that this hotel is much better than the HIX BWI, having stayed in both a couple of times.
It has been a few years but the HIX BWI was a real dump IIRC. I will try the regular HI next time I need a BWI airport hotel.

-Jon
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 1:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
It has been a few years but the HIX BWI was a real dump IIRC. I will try the regular HI next time I need a BWI airport hotel.

-Jon
I haven't been to the HIX BWI in a decade but it was a dump then too. Glad you'll give this place a shot, I was suitably impressed.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:42 am

Thanks for the stay report ! Looks quite decent- really like that small living room area .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.