Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Qualifying Levels - Awarding 25k points at 55k level?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2020, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Elite,Star Alliance
New Qualifying Levels - Awarding 25k points at 55k level?

Now that the qualifying level for Spire Elite is down to 55 nights (and the other have reduced too of course) will the 25k points still be awarded once that level is reached. I ask as i am on 55 nights but have not seen anything. I dont know whether they have suspended this benefit

Anyone know or seen anything?
Old Apr 11, 2020, 4:16 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I haved edited the title to reflect, that the question is about awarding 25k points after reaching (only) 55k points rathern than the new qualifying levels in general

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 12, 2020, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AB Platinum :( , AS 50K, Hilton Diamon, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Has your account changed to reflect Spire Elite or does it still show Plat?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Markx
Now that the qualifying level for Spire Elite is down to 55 nights (and the other have reduced too of course) will the 25k points still be awarded once that level is reached. I ask as i am on 55 nights but have not seen anything. I dont know whether they have suspended this benefit

Anyone know or seen anything?
Their systems have not updated yet. It normally takes 75 nights or 75k to get spire. Now its 55 nights or 55k. I achieved 55k and my gift option never popped up. I called and the agent told me that they have yet to update the system through IT. Once I hit 75k points the bonus gift options popped up for the 25k to select. I wouldn't be surprised if it took them months to fix this issue.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Marriott15
Their systems have not updated yet.
Since the creation of the "Spire"-level, I qualified each year. Never has the website functionally worked for me to select the 25k points or grant Plat status.

So I wouldn't expect them to fix anything to their consistent inconsistency.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
I have the 25k points/gift platinum status benefit waiting to be claimed in my account. 72.5k points, 21 nights this year. The completion bar for qualifying points is filled all the way even though the required nights has not changed from 75 nights. Everything on their website is pretty inconsistent it seems.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Their systems have not updated yet. It normally takes 75 nights or 75k to get spire. Now its 55 nights or 55k. I achieved 55k and my gift option never popped up. I called and the agent told me that they have yet to update the system through IT. Once I hit 75k points the bonus gift options popped up for the 25k to select. I wouldn't be surprised if it took them months to fix this issue.
Are you still travelling around? Isn't US pretty in a locked down?
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by nacho
Are you still travelling around? Isn't US pretty in a locked down?

Nope my last stay was checking out 3/9.

I got 75k points doing 7 nights. 10k point packages that counted and then the regular stay. I was averaging almost 14k a stay and about 11,800 qualifying points a stay.
nacho likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by 336
Since the creation of the "Spire"-level, I qualified each year. Never has the website functionally worked for me to select the 25k points or grant Plat status.

So I wouldn't expect them to fix anything to their consistent inconsistency.
Likewise! Had the gift option offered the first I made Spire, however never received it subsequent years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.