Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

4x Points Promotion (up to 301,000 Pts), Feb 15, 2020 - May 15, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4x Points Promotion (up to 301,000 Pts), Feb 15, 2020 - May 15, 2020

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I also registered successfully via the second URL provided in the thread. Looks like I could have also done it from my IHG account directly. There was a notice to register for the promo in my offers page.

--Jon
Thank you for the information. I actually found the link in the app after reading your post.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlash
On registering, did you get back a confirmation email? I didnt. And expecting then points not posting and CS telling me ”you were not registered before you hade booked your stay”
type of hello-answer...
I received an email instantly. Why not try to register again through your app? There is a link in your app. It is in your app front page, there is a rotating push in the screen when you open your app. It is the second message says Earn up to 4X more. You click and register again. Hopefully that would make sure you get the confirmation.

But be aware the promotion does not start until 15th February!! And booking had to be made before 15th April.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: IC Amb, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Here's a new promo
https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...romocode=96470

Earn up to 4 x Bonus points

Earn 1000 Bonus Points on your First Night
Earn 2 x Bonus Points on Nights 2-5
Earn 3 x Bonus Points on Nights 6-14
Earn 4 x Bonus Points on Nights 15+
*For up to 100,000 Bonus Points

You must register for the promotion on or before 15 April, 2020. Promotion runs from 15 February, 2020 until 15 May, 2020 (”Promotion Period”).

1,000 bonus points will be awarded for your first qualifying night, after registering for the Promotion. During nights 2-5, you will be awarded double points for up to 100,000 points.
During nights 6-14, you will be awarded triple points for up to 100,000 points.
On your fifteenth night and all future nights during the Promotion Period, you will be awarded quadruple points for up to 100,000 points.
Total spend for booking a qualifying night must be over $30 USD with a minimum stay of 1 night. Promotion bonus points will be awarded based on the average nightly rate during a qualifying stay.
The average room rate per night will be used to calculate promotion bonus points for qualifying stays which are greater than 1 night.
If a member has a qualifying stay of 2 nights with varying daily rates and the total for all nights is $200 USD, Promotion bonus points will be calculated from the average base point earnings ($100 per night).
Maximum bonus points award per member for the Promotion is 301,000 points.
if 1 night at HIX cost me $27 before tax service, if i take a package for that room (1000 bonus package), it will cost me $38. is the night count for this promotion?
anyone has this experience before?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WElyot
if 1 night at HIX cost me $27 before tax service, if i take a package for that room (1000 bonus package), it will cost me $38. is the night count for this promotion?
anyone has this experience before?
If you purchase the 1000 bonus points package when making the booking, and pre-tax rate is $38, then you should be assured that night is counted. But be aware of the foreign currency fluctuation, IHG back end system has a wired foreign exchange rate that sometimes does not reflect the middle rate you saw online. Also sometimes the local hotel reports very different figures which can cause a problem.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
On registering, did you get back a confirmation email? I didnt. And expecting then points not posting and CS telling me ”you were not registered before you hade booked your stay”
type of hello-answer...
It shows in the 'my offers' tab in the app (not checked on the web) once you have registered for it

Mine shoes -

STARTING SOON

Upto 4x 2020
starts 02/15/2020
ends 04/30/20

You could always take a screen shot
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
I have a stay starting before Feb 15 and ending after Feb 15. I should get the bonus points for the nights after Feb 15, right?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 1:16 pm

This is a big improvement over Accelerate. The last one of those was so bad I didn't even register for it. I had issues with them not applying points near the end of the January for the previous 4x program, but they fixed it upon request. At least it's simple and a nice bonus.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: NZ
type of hello-answer...
Yes, I got a confirmation email. I always save it so that I know the date I registered in case I have to claim missing points.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:04 pm

The only downside in my opinion is bookings have to be made before 15th April. For the way I book my stays I can't plan my stays with a month's buffer, so it's basically an 8 week offer window for myself. But everyone's different and I'll probably end up with slightly more points via this offer than the last accelerate I had.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

type of hello-answer...
First, on registering, I got a confirmation web page. Did you not? I was ready to print it out, when I saw that I got a confirmation email. But had I not gotten the confirmation email, I would have made a printout of the confirmation web page. Why didn't you, if you're concerned about proving your registration confirmation?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by chongcao
I received an email instantly. Why not try to register again through your app? There is a link in your app. It is in your app front page, there is a rotating push in the screen when you open your app. It is the second message says Earn up to 4X more. You click and register again. Hopefully that would make sure you get the confirmation.

But be aware the promotion does not start until 15th February!! And booking had to be made before 15th April.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
It shows in the 'my offers' tab in the app (not checked on the web) once you have registered for it

Mine shoes -

STARTING SOON

Upto 4x 2020
starts 02/15/2020
ends 04/30/20

You could always take a screen shot
You both seemed to miss my point. Yes I did register through the app and got ”you are regged” screen, but no email. And, my offer page looks alright, all good.

But the missing confirmation email makes me worried. It is more than likely I am gonna get issuea with points not posting, if there was already an issue with the email. Typical for IHG but lets see...
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by sdsearch
First, on registering, I got a confirmation web page. Did you not? I was ready to print it out, when I saw that I got a confirmation email. But had I not gotten the confirmation email, I would have made a printout of the confirmation web page. Why didn't you, if you're concerned about proving your registration confirmation?
You got my point. Sadly I forgot to take that screenshot which I usually do.
All this talk I am having here is just a useless noise and I hate it but it all reflects the quality and customer service levelnof IHG.

okay rant over. On the positive, this 4X can be better than Accelerate, but the 15 nights requirement is fairly high.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
If I book a 3 night stay will I get just the 1000 points or will I get 1000 points plus 2X for the second and third night?

Or do I have to check out and move hotels after the first night to get 2X for nights 2 and 3?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:05 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by RedElmo
If I book a 3 night stay will I get just the 1000 points or will I get 1000 points plus 2X for the second and third night?

Or do I have to check out and move hotels after the first night to get 2X for nights 2 and 3?
My understanding is that you will get "1000 points plus 2X for the second and third night" as it is a "night" based promotion, not a "stay" based promotion. In the T&Cs they talk about calculating an average nightly rate for the stay for this very reason.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
I have booked a few single nights and a few double night stays at IHG starting 17th, basically shifted my business from Hilton to IHG. I have stayed (relatively) little at IHG compared to Hilton and Marriott. and I have had (very) good luck as regards points posting like clockwork with both. Lets see how it goes with IHG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.