FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Planning to book 10 rooms for one night at IHG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/2006328-planning-book-10-rooms-one-night-ihg.html)

poisonsag Jan 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Planning to book 10 rooms for one night at IHG

We have a family reunion happening later this year and i have booked 10 rooms for same night under my name with my IHG points. I have added my family member's name under "additional guests" tab when booking Should i expect any drama when checking in? I want to make sure there are no issues for my family and friends during the day of the actual stay.

WElyot Jan 26, 2020 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by poisonsag (Post 31997945)
We have a family reunion happening later this year and i have booked 10 rooms for same night under my name with my IHG points. I have added my family member's name under "additional guests" tab when booking Should i expect any drama when checking in? I want to make sure there are no issues for my family and friends during the day of the actual stay.

I had same situation, but it was all good.
Just to be safe, maybe you can call the hotel and inform them (and give them the name list).

poisonsag Jan 27, 2020 7:14 am

Originally Posted by WElyot (Post 31998578)
I had same situation, but it was all good.
Just to be safe, maybe you can call the hotel and inform them (and give them the name list).

Thanks. Can you book multiple rooms generally at ihg with points though?

xooz Jan 27, 2020 7:19 am

If it were me, I would be concerned that my participation in the trip is mandatory. If I got sick or otherwise could not come, the whole batch of rooms could be in jeopardy. I would try to find some way to get the rooms assigned to others so that the show could go on in the case of a flight delay/cancellation.

WElyot Jan 27, 2020 7:20 am

Originally Posted by poisonsag (Post 31999469)

No, you can only reserve 1 room with points

Braniq Jan 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by WElyot (Post 31999483)

I am not sure, as I booked in the hotel multiple rooms in paralel via points and it was not a problem at all...

bolwin1 Jan 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by WElyot (Post 31999483)

I've had several stays in various countries ​​​​​​where I have booked 2-3 rooms on points.

Lorian Jan 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Id be upset at all those points lost because they are overlapping stays if paying.

I've booked (in the uk) two rooms per night on points without hassle in the past.

writerguyfl Jan 27, 2020 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by poisonsag (Post 31999469)

The best source of information is the Terms and Conditions of the frequent guest program.

"52. Reward Night reservations may be booked for multiple hotel rooms (up to 9) on the same stay date at the same property, provided the IHG Rewards Club Member number is recorded on each reservation, the required Points are redeemed for each room, and there is available inventory."
Source: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...c#rewardnights

If I were you, I'd contact the hotel ASAP and let them know your intent. Since you are over the limit on the total number of rooms, I'd be prepared to go with 9 rooms on points. Many hotels do not like having the same guest name attached to multiple reservations. Be ready to provide a rooming list with the names of the adults in each room.