Purchasing InterContinental Bedding

Old Jan 21, 20, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Purchasing InterContinental Bedding

Hello:

I thoroughly enjoyed my bedding at the InterContinental in both Singapore and Kuala Lumper. Seems different than the bedding at the InterContinental's in North America. Anyone have any idea if they have different bedding depending on the location?

Also, would they sell to the public like some other hotel chains? Looking for a new mattress for my bed.

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 20, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
The better option is to note the make and model on the mattresses and determine if the mattress is available for the public. In reality purchasing the same make and model isn't convenient as the hotels consider the lines a competitive advantage. The manufacturer may have similar items but in reality the similar items are often just that, similar. I tried to purchase the same pillows once and the pillow manufacturer advertises the same make and model but the end result wasn't the same pillow.
Old Jan 22, 20, 2:37 am

Bedding can be very different at different ICs. Asia usually has much better products than the rest of the word, especially the US. Why don't you contact the specific hotel and ank for the manufacturer?
Old Jan 22, 20, 2:54 am

Johnny Cash's One Piece at a Time would inspire me
Old Jan 23, 20, 4:46 am

Programs: IHG
Many InterContinentals use Mueldorfer for duvets, pillows, toppers, etc. I've ordered from their website before. I found the quality to be a bit "hit and miss", but it's the domestic line i bought, not the hotel one.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: