Wiki Posts
Search

IHG late arrival fee?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
IHG late arrival fee?

I just made an award reservation at a Holiday Inn near SFO. Since I will be arriving after mid-night, I wanted to communicate the late arrival to the hotel. On the IHG website, I set the "personalize your stay" area to show that I will be arriving after 10 PM.

I noticed a message in there that said "Early/Late arrival requests will be accommodated based on room availability and may be subject to additional fees"

Are they serious? They may charge me a fee for late arrival? This is certainly something new to me and I wonder if anyone had been charged a "late arrival fee" before.

Last edited by EdofFX; Nov 21, 2019 at 5:07 pm Reason: add clarification
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:37 pm

I asked about this verbiage a while back and was told the extra fees specifically referred to early arrivals.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:13 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Graf von B
I asked about this verbiage a while back and was told the extra fees specifically referred to early arrivals.
Agreed, that's what I'd always taken it to be and just poor or lazy website wording.

If I was the OP though I'd not rely soley on setting "Stay preferences" and also contact the hotel directly just to reduce the risk of them assuming you're not going to show and giving your room away to someone else if they're full.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott nobody
Graf von B, it does look like bad wording. It really should be easy for them to just remove any references to late arrival in that sentence when they talked about subject to room availability or fees. It just raises concerns in their customers' mind.

olympian, great suggestion. I do plan to call them that evening to tell them I will arrive after mid-night. Now, I just need to remember to make that call while I am traveling.
olympian likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
On a related note, I have never been charged a late check in fee, but I have occasionally checked in after midnight and then not gotten credit for the first night's stay. It's rare, but worth watching out for if you need the night credits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.