FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   BA Flight Crew in IC San Diego Club InterContinental Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1994557-ba-flight-crew-ic-san-diego-club-intercontinental-lounge.html)

Kaix Nov 7, 2019 8:47 pm

BA Flight Crew in IC San Diego Club InterContinental Lounge

<Deleted>

Dubh Nov 7, 2019 8:53 pm

Definitely let it go. I find singing "let it go" from Frozen to myself in the bathroom mirror gives a whole new perspective.

I'd be more annoyed about not being offered a slice of the pizza....

nancypants Nov 7, 2019 8:59 pm

Not a criticism in any way but I’m intrigued by the idea that the crew was there in uniform but your point of recognition was the logo on their luggage

Kaix Nov 7, 2019 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Dubh (Post 31713824)
Definitely let it go. I find singing "let it go" from Frozen to myself in the bathroom mirror gives a whole new perspective.

I'd be more annoyed about not being offered a slice of the pizza....

Hah, yeah was certainly not offered any! It's ok though, we had dinner elsewhere.

This is part of a trip for our honeymoon. Some context to my annoyance with the situation :)

I've never flown BA. Not familiar with the uniform. They had taken parts of it off (jackets ties etc)

MSPeconomist Nov 7, 2019 9:36 pm

Did the OP try to complain to either the lounge attendant or the assistant manager on duty? If they were being obnoxiously loud and had brought outside food into the lounge, someone from the hotel staff should have intervened.

Most airlines have strict policies saying that their crew cannot drink in uniform or within X hours of reporting for duty. I'm surprised that this crew wasn't more careful. IMO you should have taken pictures and posted them on line or tweeted them. <just kidding, I think> Seriously, at a small outstation like SAN, BA could easily identify the misbehaving crew members.

336 Nov 7, 2019 10:15 pm

If it bothered you, don't hesitate and let them now directly in the lougfe, or inform a lounge agent on the spot.

This is the only way how the problem can be addressed, and a very effective one indeed.

I don't really see what can be compensated. The hotel is barely at fault.

ILS2 Nov 8, 2019 12:36 am

Reporting the incident to British Airways, rather than complaining to IC, would surely have more effect. They are no strangers when it comes to employees behaving inappropriately while representing the company.
https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/britis...orgy-in-hotel/
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-offences.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ust-pilot.html

Hipplewm Nov 8, 2019 12:57 am

This flight crew was obviously just coming off a flight or they wouldn't be there WAITING for their rooms

If their rooms weren't ready, should they wait until their rooms are ready, change then come back for a beer? By the time all that happens would they be to the point where they wouldn't be allowed to drink?

If their rooms weren't ready and the hotel messed up, what are the chances the manager put them in the lounge and allowed them to order pizza as they couldn't change and go get some food?

I mean if I had just finished my work day and got told no hotel room for you, I would be pretty upset, maybe they were making the best of it. I am sorry it ruined your drinks...

TGLoyalty Nov 8, 2019 2:07 am

15 cabin crew couldn’t all have been waiting because someone had smoked in 1 room.

everyone has a different idea of loud but I would have spoken to the lounge attendant if you didn’t feel like talking to them directly.

I didn’t think there was a rule against bringing take away food to the lounge (which is a public space, access is just restricted)

Zip_Silver Nov 8, 2019 3:21 am

I would just let it go. For whatever reason, the hotel wasn't able to get the crew into their rooms, and it makes perfect sense that the manager would give them access to the lounge in the meantime.

Think it out, 15 crew would be 8ish rooms per night, every night, for the duration of their contract (usually a year). Let's assume that BA got a rate well below rack (let's be generous and say around $100 off their average daily rate for the year, so ~$150/night (which I'm basing on picking some random dates throughout 2020). So 8x365x150= $438000, but really could be anywhere from 400k to 500k depending on the contract details.

You might get some points for complaining, but unless you're worth half a million a year to IHG, then naturally keeping the large corporate account happy takes first priority for hotel management.

pfreet Nov 8, 2019 4:09 am

What did they say when you asked them to tone it down a bit for you? Or were you too busy typing this complaint into the forum? :-)

rebadc Nov 8, 2019 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty (Post 31714334)
15 cabin crew couldn’t all have been waiting because someone had smoked in 1 room.

This and I though hotels set up break rooms/suites for Airline Crews for precisely this reason.

Allan38103 Nov 8, 2019 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kaix (Post 31713810)

Just curious if anyone thinks this may warrant some kind of compensation? Or should I just let this go?

Are you asking if the HOTEL should be making the compensation for what appeared to be a BA crew being loud? Shouldn't it be BA paying (or whichever carrier's crew had what "looked like" a BA logo on their luggage)? Who actually should cough up the miles/points, and who GETS the compensation?

TGLoyalty Nov 9, 2019 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Allan38103 (Post 31716898)
Are you asking if the HOTEL should be making the compensation for what appeared to be a BA crew being loud? Shouldn't it be BA paying (or whichever carrier's crew had what "looked like" a BA logo on their luggage)? Who actually should cough up the miles/points, and who GETS the compensation?

The answer is no one should be getting any compensation from anyone.

LondonElite Nov 9, 2019 1:23 am

I'm not sure what the complaint is about? Why was it relevant to mention, albeit unconvincingly, the airline? Surely it could have been solved by a quiet word "sorry chaps, could you keep it to a dull roar please, trying to have a quiet drink with my wife, thanks ever so much."