Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stay 4 times to earn up to 4x bonus points (Fall 2019 promo, expired)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Just checked my account. First two stays credited correctly, third was recorded but without any bonus points and the fourth recorded as being the third visit so go 3x points.

I've just filled in the claim form so we'll see what happens. I have no IHG stays planned for January so far but it might be tempting to do a quick getaway if the 4X is being extended to the end of the month.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
A total mess!
  • My first stay has posted Base Points, Elite Status Points and Welcome Points, plus a hotel-specific points bonus for bar/food spend, but no 1000 points as part of the 4X promotion.
  • Second stay rate included an additional number of points for a small premium and has posted a bunch of points but there's just an overall total showing, and when I click to view the breakdown I get a "Sorry, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care for assistance." error page. I cannot therefore determine what combination of Base Points, additional Purchased Points, Elite Status Points and 4X Promotion points have been credited.
Using the 'Search for Missing Stay' link is no good because entering a confirmation number and check-in/check-out dates simply returns an "We're sorry, our system is temporarily unavailable. Please try your entry again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, click here to contact our Customer Care Centre for assistance." error, possibly because both stays are actually showing in my account, albeit not with the correct points credit. Sorting all this out retrospectively with IHG CS is a pain given the agents' propensity to simply say "wait 3 weeks and call again"
sdsearch and Dav77 like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Following on from the above, have now (after about 90 minutes online chat with Customer Service Agent) determined that first stay not recognised, 2nd stay recognised as first stay and 1000 points added instead of the 2x bonus that should have been due. Live chat CSA was very unhelpful and would not waiver from the rote response that I would need to wait 3 weeks from the date of each individual stay before the specific discrepancy for that stay would be addressed despite being told that the unresolved problem with stay 1 was responsible for the errors on stay 2 and there would then inevitably be further problems with stay 3. In short, IHG dicking around with mandatory 3-week wait times means I have to raise 3 separate errors with them whereas a swifter resolution to stay 1 may have avoided the latter 2 problems!

However, after nearly 2 hours of getting nowhere with the live chat agents a phone call to the Guest Relations line did result in a credit of the 2x 'base' bonus points for my 2nd stay that were outstanding, so that, spread over the 2 stays so far, the correct total number of base points and bonus points have now been posted to my account, albeit with the caveat that my imminent 3rd stay is still likely to be flagged by IHG's ropy tracking IT as Stay No. 2 instead of Stay No. 3, and thus the Bonus points credited are likely to be incorrect again and require post-stay CS Agent intervention to correct once again!

IHG really crapped the bed on this one it seems!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:12 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Camflyer
Just checked my account. First two stays credited correctly, third was recorded but without any bonus points and the fourth recorded as being the third visit so go 3x points.

I've just filled in the claim form so we'll see what happens. I have no IHG stays planned for January so far but it might be tempting to do a quick getaway if the 4X is being extended to the end of the month.
I did the online missing points stay form for 2 stays (actually, the 1st and 2nd for the promo, though my 3rd stay posted with the 1000 point 1st stay bonus.)They were 3 weeks ago, so nothing they could push back on. Within 24 hours, they had it all sorted out, all the bonus points posted, and I got an email update for the promo showing I was now earning 4x for all my January stays. Too bad they didn't also do another Q1 Accelerate promo to stack on top as I've gotten better promo tasks since I stopped doing so many paid stays-I was up to having to do 20+ nights to max out the earlier promos until Q4, when I did all in 4 stays/nights plus AMB renewal. Still, an extra 25k from the 4X promo is plenty.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:59 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Finally, I’ve been posted manually the points x4 of my two last stays.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:27 pm

Can I book today the 15th for future stays until Jan 31st to get the 4x the points.......or did all those stayed need to be book by the 14th?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My bookings seemed to work out with this promotion, and I gained 35,000 extra points for 5 stays at quite reasonable cost. Certainly, it kept me loyal to IHG, so it worked in some sense!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:30 pm

Kicking myself, just found out I completely messed up with this promotion (obviously didn't read terms and conditions properly!). I thought it was only for January, and didn't realise you had to book by 15th December. I inadvertently got 1000 credited for a night stay at the end of December (which confused me!), but I've just been to Florida, and made decisions on hotels based on the promotion, and was loyal to IHG or paid cash instead of using points when it was of no real benefit. I won't bother booking a 3 nighter with IHG at the end of the month now, a Travelodge will do!!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
I think the book-by date was extended to January 15. But, it's too late now for the end of the month.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:37 pm

I wonder if the system knows if you booked after Jan 15th. I booked a stay at 12:15 on Jan 16th for a upcoming stay. Will be interesting to see if I get the 4x points.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
I had the same question. It appears that the date and time booking is determined by the time zone in which the of the hotel is located.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:42 am

Idiots - that's all I can say

I've had 4 stays under this promotion all booked after registering for the promo on Oct 25th. The first stay credited 1000pts, the second stay credited 2x pts, the third stay credited no bonus, and the fourth stay credited 3x pts.
I emailed them after the fourth stay pointing out that the 3rd stay hadn't triggered the 3x bonus and that as a consequence the fourth stay had only credited 3x points and not 4x points. I laid it out very simply telling them how many points needed to be adjusted for each of the last 2 stays.

I got the standard response that the bonus points would credit 3 weeks after the check-out date even though it was blooming obvious that these errors in crediting were not going to autocorrect - in any of the millions of possible universes in which both I and IHG co-exist .

But I waited the 3 weeks and sent my fourth email ( are there 4x bonus points for a fourth email?)

This is the response I received:

Thank you for your email.

About the Up to 4x points, I'll be happy to assist in making the necessary adjustments in your account.

Up To 4X 1st Stay ( Registration Date 25Oct19 )
> Holiday Inn Express Timbuktu* / 21Dec19 - 23Dec19 / 1,000 points posted

Up To 4X - 2x for 2nd Stay ( Registration Date 24Dec19 )
> Holiday Inn Sea of Tranquility* / 26Dec19 - 27Dec19 / 772 points posted
> Crowne Plaza Alpha Centauri* / 27Dec19 28Dec19 / deposited 1,615 points

Up To 4X - 3x for 3rd Stay ( Registration Date 28Dec19 )
> Crowne Plaza Beetlejuice* / 28Dec19 - 30Dec19 / 3681 points posted

On the other hand, since you just registered to the Up To 4X - 4x for 4th Stay last December 31, 2019, you haven't had a qualifying stay for the promotion points.

* details changed to protect the guilty
So they are telling me that:
I registered for the promotion on 25 Oct 19 which activated for the 1st stay 1000pts
I then registered again on 24 Dec 19 which activated for the 2nd stay
I didn't then register yet again for the 3rd stay , so no bonus for the stay at the Crowne Plaza Alpha Centauri
I then registered on 28 Dec for the 3rd stay of the bonus
Since I didn't register for the 4th stay bonus until Dec 31, I have not yet had my 4th qualifying stay!

I am so proud of myself that over the Xmas/NY period I found the time to complete these multiple stage registrations.

Bunch of Bozos the lot of them (at least the 4 different Customer Service Agents who have replied to the first 4 of my now 5 emails sent. I'm not optimistic as each time the response is more idiotic than the previous one.

BTW Spire Ambassador - gets nothing except multiple platitudes in their inane replies

Last edited by 3544quebec; Jan 20, 2020 at 2:52 am
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I've had 4 stays under this promotion all booked after registering for the promo on Oct 25th. The first stay credited 1000pts, the second stay credited 2x pts, the third stay credited no bonus, and the fourth stay credited 3x pts.
I emailed them after the fourth stay pointing out that the 3rd stay hadn't triggered the 3x bonus and that as a consequence the fourth stay had only credited 3x points and not 4x points. I laid it out very simply telling them how many points needed to be adjusted for each of the last 2 stays.

I got the standard response that the bonus points would credit 3 weeks after the check-out date even though it was blooming obvious that these errors in crediting were not going to autocorrect - in any of the millions of possible universes in which both I and IHG co-exist .

But I waited the 3 weeks and sent my fourth email ( are there 4x bonus points for a fourth email?)

This is the response I received:

So they are telling me that:
I registered for the promotion on 25 Oct 19 which activated for the 1st stay 1000pts
I then registered again on 24 Dec 19 which activated for the 2nd stay
I didn't then register yet again for the 3rd stay , so no bonus for the stay at the Crowne Plaza Alpha Centauri
I then registered on 28 Dec for the 3rd stay of the bonus
Since I didn't register for the 4th stay bonus until Dec 31, I have not yet had my 4th qualifying stay!

I am so proud of myself that over the Xmas/NY period I found the time to complete these multiple stage registrations.

Bunch of Bozos the lot of them (at least the 4 different Customer Service Agents who have replied to the first 4 of my now 5 emails sent. I'm not optimistic as each time the response is more idiotic than the previous one.

BTW Spire Ambassador - gets nothing except multiple platitudes in their inane replies
Interesting. I was in the exact same situation as you (as were many others, if you read through this thread) but a request soon after the 4th stay resulted in an immediate adjustment of the points. I believe there was a "glitch" of some kind in December which resulted in bonus points from this promotion not posting.

Good luck in getting this sorted.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by minz56
Good luck in getting this sorted.
That did the trick minz56 - several minutes after your good luck wishes my 5th email to IHG was answered and the missing points that had been requested in each of my previous 4 emails were added to my account. No acknowledgement whatsoever of the customer service failures or of the terse comments in my 5th email regarding the uselessness of their previous responses - totally oblivious to the negative feelings that their ineptness instils in their customers.

What I have worked out from the last email that I received and the one I quoted in my previous post is that following the member's initial registration for the 4x promotion, immediately after each stay credited "the system" had to then register you for the next level of the promotion and sometimes "the system" failed to do this resulting in a stay in the middle not being registered and throwing the whole sequence out.
Now that is all very well. I can accept occasional system failure. But this clearly happened on numerous occasions and you would think that they would have given their agents some training in dealing with the issue rather than allow them to parrot out the "You have to wait 3 weeks from check-out" baloney. The 4 previous agents I received replies from clearly had not read the memo or been left off the distribution list.
Haven't changed my opinion - Bozos
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
My last two stays under the "Up To 4X" promo have posted but without bonus points. My first two stays posted posted fine, with 1000 points and then 2x points. The stays that should have earned 3x and 4x posted with no bonus. Will this get resolved correctly on its own, or am I going to need to make multiple attempts working with IHG customer service to get my points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.