FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Instant Spire Elite for 90 days (seems to be expired) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1990373-instant-spire-elite-90-days-seems-expired.html)

das_ubersoldat Oct 7, 2019 1:47 pm

Instant Spire Elite for 90 days (seems to be expired)

This way: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/de...19-_-EUEN-_-A1

Go straight to Spire Elite and earn up to 15,000 bonus points
Try Spire Elite for 90 days as soon as you join or register.

Simply stay a few nights to keep your Spire Elite status and earn bonus points:
  • Stay 10 nights (instead of 75) in 90 days and keep Spire Elite status.

• Stay 5 nights (instead of 40) in 90 days and keep Platinum Elite status.
    [**]Stay once and earn 1,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points
    [**]Stay twice and earn 4,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points
    [**]Stay three times and earn 10,000 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points

For business travel, book through your corporate travel channel, or for personal travel, book direct at IHG.com. Offer expires on December 31, 2019.
If you're a new member please join using your company email address so we can verify you which will take us between 5 to 10 working days.

sggolf Oct 7, 2019 2:09 pm

I got this too. I was going to wait but then it said available for first 5000 sign ups...

das_ubersoldat Oct 7, 2019 2:10 pm

Where did you see this limitation?

xichang08 Oct 7, 2019 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by das_ubersoldat (Post 31602930)
Where did you see this limitation?

It is in the T&C

seat38a Oct 7, 2019 3:48 pm

Yeah this promo has been out for a while and if they still haven't reached 5K signups, then people are probably catching on that Spire is worthless.

joe_miami Oct 7, 2019 4:40 pm

More likely, the 5,000 thing is bunk.

I did this two months ago and didn't get any bonus points. Seems odd that they're giving 15,000 points to the latecomers.

BrightlyBob Oct 8, 2019 1:39 am

It looks like to qualify you have to be employed by a business with a corporate rate arrangement, and that IHG verifies it before the upgrade is given...

JetAway Oct 8, 2019 6:21 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob (Post 31604481)
It looks like to qualify you have to be employed by a business with a corporate rate arrangement, and that IHG verifies it before the upgrade is given...

Spire benefits are so minimal they should be happy anyone applies. At least that shows a glimmer of interest in the program.

patchan8984 Oct 9, 2019 1:00 am

Thanks for posting...there are some benefits that are nice to have with Spire + better Kimpton acknowledgement. I did this and got the Spire, then renewed AMB for Spire until 12/2020.

teo1991 Oct 9, 2019 7:36 am

I managed to register and got it
seems that spire elite is nothing interesting compared to Honors
let see how my stay goes in IC KL

Noctilum Oct 9, 2019 8:59 pm

I just signed up and was instnstly given Spire status. Nothing was verified such as of I worked for a business.

aidy Oct 10, 2019 12:20 am

i had it straight away, however the invite did state my companies name so it must of known the corporate code i used (it actually came through on the second day of a 5 night stay in an IC on the corporate rate) so at least ill get a better bonus

UKDegsy Oct 10, 2019 11:28 am

Let me register and said welcome to Spire, but no status change ! Would have been a bonus

UKD

Dlougach Oct 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by UKDegsy (Post 31613590)
Let me register and said welcome to Spire, but no status change ! Would have been a bonus

UKD

So I registered on Monday immediately after receiving invitation e-mail. I later received e-mail confirmation that I've registered for the offer. However the status was not updated and now in "My Offers" this promotion shows as expired.

ngxiuhou Oct 10, 2019 8:09 pm

our Chinese had reached 70,000 spire member via this instant spire upgrade link during the whole yesterday....